Yet another disappointment, 2 in fact

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I had two disappointments this weekend. Yet more in the neverending chain. Let me vent / explain ...

1) Divorced Dad - I will call him Frank. He and I met at a party about a year ago face to face, he's a friend of a friend. He and his wife divorced a few weeks / months ago, I reached out to him on Facebook when he posted about it that it was final. I said he has a lot ahead of him and he'll be okay. He sent me an IM saying thanks for the kind words and we started chatting. He then said that he would be busy with his kids for the next few weeks and would I like to go out with him? I said I would consider it. This week I reached out to him again and said I hoped he was doing alright. He said he was getting better, I said I was glad to hear it. Then I said I was free this weekend (had one of those indoor weekends where I didn't do much of anything but hang around the house). No response. Then he said he asked to see me in a moment of weakness and he wasn't ready, bad timing, etc. I decided it was probably for the best, I will move on.

2) Guy on Tinder - I had been on Tinder and had not opened it for a long time. Someone sent me an IM through Tinder last night and I opened it for the sake of opening it. We got to chatting. He said he was having a hard time finding someone and he enjoyed talking to me, I said the same. He said I seemed like I know what I'm talking about and I was different than the others. He asked if I was emotionally available, I said yes (what would I say otherwise in this situation?). I asked if he was local or just passing through town because some things on the profile indicated that he was not local, he said he was. Then he gave me his cell number and said he would want me to text him there so we can perhaps take things to the next level. I said okay, but I was turning in for the night. And I send him a text today saying "Hi it's (my name), hope you're having a good day." Nothing. And that was about six hours ago.

I feel like a dope. Not one but two disappointments in a weekend.

• Author
mortensorchid

Now the Tinder man is texting me. We are chatting so that disappointment is not final as of this writing. I will update as time goes on.

Cookiesandough

I was about to write that you might need to give the Tinder guy a little more time. He may have been playing it cool