Was he disrespectful towards me and how can I approach the situation?

Hannahhawks87

Hannahhawks87

I was sleeping with this guy for abit. I'll be honest I started to like him. Anyway we stopped having sex about 6 weeks ago and remained friends. We have kisses and cuddles and shared bed with eachother since. But last night I felt he was cruel! I'm building a portfolio for degree and I was looking for for models. He then went to me 'oh I can find you some' I said okay then and started showing me pictures of girls in thier underwear etc. When I asked him he went oh that my friend (I know he's been talking to a girl on Snapchat). My reply was Snapchat girl, he said yes. He also showed me pictures of other women. I felt he had been so cruel to me last night he had me in tears! We're just friends so can I even bring up the situation and that it hurts?

Is this the SAME guy?!

It's clear you were never more than FWB, and he has been free this entire time to pursue others, as you've been noncommittal to his queries about where you stand.

Now that the benefits have been cut off, he's brazenly flaunting his conquests. Is it a deliberate attempt to make you jealous? I don't know. Does 'just friends' mean you should be like a bro? I dont know that either. But you don't have to put up with it. Walk.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hannahhawks87

I didn't want him showing me pictures of a girl he's sleeping with! It felt like he did it on purpose. He could have shown me anyone but why that one!

I didn't want him showing me pictures of a girl he's sleeping with! It felt like he did it on purpose. He could have shown me anyone but why that one!

You said he had been talking to her on snapchat, is that a new code for having sex with her?

You're obviously hurt but I don't think you can act all butt hurt with him, you were only fwb and stoped having sex a 6 weeks ago. If you are sensitive to this guy and he wants nothing serious with you why do you waste your feelings on him?

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

It sounds more disrespectful towards the girl because are these public pictures or is she aware he's showing pics she sent him in her underwear to other people

I was sleeping with this guy for abit. I'll be honest I started to like him.
this sounds a little backwards, but what do I know xD Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 4

I don't understand, you stopped having sex six weeks ago, so surely there's no romance left. Is he supposed to pretend that he's not moving on?

• Like 2

I understand how you feel OP. I had a FWB that I knew was sleeping with other women and it didn't bother me. There was no expectation, no exclusivity and no romantic feelings towards one another. However, he has recently upset me. The way he talks about the girls he sleeps with (of which I am one) disgusts me. He does it so blatantly in front of me, I find it disrespectful. He's constantly talking about new girls, or girls he's trying to hook up with and telling stories. While I never had any issues with him sleeping around and didn't feel upset about it, I don't need it to be shoved down my throat. He disrespects the girls he sleeps with and who knows what he says about me when I'm not around. To our mutual friends no less.

I have since made the decision to stop sleeping with him. If asked, I will tell him the reason why but, we are still friends and I don't feel the need to rock the boat for no reason. If he talks this way in front of me again, I will just leave the room. I'm sure he'll get the message eventually. He used to be the nicest person I knew but his recent success with women has changed him as I didn't think he would be like this.

For you OP, do you (honestly), still have feelings for him? Whether you talk to him or not is dependent upon the nature of your friendship. If you ask him not to mention his exploits, is he likely to listen? Do you think he was doing it for a reaction from you or did he just not think? In my case, I pretty much know that he just doesn't think about me in the room and how I could be affected, he's just having a laugh with his mates. How hurt do you really feel by this? Do you feel hurt because you feel disrespected by a friend who should have more care or hurt because he's sleeping with someone else?

I don't get it either. you are not dating or sleeping with this guy...

I think he was more disrespectful to the other girls to show off their pictures. Why they would ever give him pictures is beyond me...

• Like 2

I'd say I'd agree that it's hurtful if I really wasn't over him romantically and was using the celibate relationship as a means to manipulate him back into a romantic one. That would have sprung the game I was running. But seeing that you claim that aspect of your relationship is over with, the only hurtful thing I can see is what he's doing to the women who sent him these pictures, especially if he didn't have permission to share them. Are photos on SnapChat public or can you DM them to people?

Edited by kendahke
Eternal Sunshine

I disagree with others and think that he is being disrespectful. Given that you had a sexual relationship that ended recently, does he really have to go into details about women he is fking? I mean, he has guy friends for that. At best, he is being insensitive.

Having said that, I don't think you should bring it up because it will give him an ego boost and he will say something like "we are just friends" and make you feel totally irrational. I would just start avoiding him.

Alternatively, you can try mentioning guys you find hot and show him shirtless pics of them and go all "OMG he turns me on sooo much". I bet he won't like it ;)

I think it was kind of cruel. Even if there is nothing between you, it was pretty rotten of him to rub the other women in your face. Why oh why would he even think that some girl he's currently sleeping with would even want to model for somebody he used to be sleeping with.

You have gotten him out of your lady parts. Now get him out of your bed & your life.

On the most important levels I think you are disrespecting yourself by not fully cutting him completely out of your life.