LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

She replied to my 2nd message after ignoring the 1st. Now what?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2017, 7:58 AM   #1
Established Member

She replied to my 2nd message after ignoring the 1st. Now what?

On an online dating site I was looking at a few women that were active recently and was dismayed that they had all ignored my 1st message. I got a bit frustrated with paying for the site not getting a response in so long that I decided to message them and just ask why they didn't respond. As I started to do that I realized how ridiculous that was and instead looked over their profile again and wrote something funny instead.

One of the 3 sent me back a whole bunch of messages over about 45 minutes basically saying all these wonderful things about me including how funny I am, gave more info about her and what she's up to this weekend, and that I made her laugh. She's one of the most beautiful women I've seen on the site and seemed like a good match for me.

My 1st message that she ignored was something commenting on her interests and asking about her profession.

What do I do now? I was thinking of sending something responding to her questions and making comments on her response in a similar playful/funny manner and asking to meet up. Does that make sense or should I hold off on asking to meet up?
max3732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 8:00 AM   #2
Established Member

Don't even mention the 1st message. She may not have even seen it.

Just pretend that the message she responded to was your 1st communication & jump off from there. Asking to meet up sounds like the best plan
knabe likes this.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 8:09 AM   #3
Established Member

Why would you mention the first message?

Looks like you learned a lesson...keep your messages fun and don't ask the typical boring stuff that every guy does.
knabe likes this.
joseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 11:04 AM   #4
Established Member

Ask for her phone number NOW.

That's the moment of truth. I don't know why so many men are so timid about going after what they want. They waste so much time and money in the process lol.
The Urbanyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 4:05 PM   #5
Established Member

Ask her out....no point in fussing around with this. Confidence wins the girl.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 9:23 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
Just sent it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Even if it doesn't work out I'm going to try to keep my mindset as well as messages more fun and relaxed.
joseb likes this.
Old 2nd October 2017, 5:32 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Don't even mention the 1st message. She may not have even seen it.

Just pretend that the message she responded to was your 1st communication & jump off from there. Asking to meet up sounds like the best plan
In the future with 2nd messages should I not mention the first? I can see whether she read it or not and the date and the site shows all communication. So she will see the previous one after clicking on the new one.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:07 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
As I said before I sent her a message asking her out this weekend and ... no response.

This is what I don't get. She looks at my profile, spends 40 minutes sending me multiple messages saying how funny and awesome I am, then ignores me when I ask her out.

Should I send another message to her as a reply to one of her compliments saying something like "I'm even better in person than through a computer, let's meetup"?
Old 6th October 2017, 10:15 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by max3732 View Post
As I said before I sent her a message asking her out this weekend and ... no response.
IMO, you jumped the gun by asking her out so soon. She sent you one message. I'm all about meeting up quickly but she may not have even decided that she wants to meet you yet. I think it's better to exchange some messages for a few days before asking for a date.

Also, I don't know where you are, but where I am it's mid-morning on Friday. Asking her out for this weekend was way too last minute and might've turned her off. Asking for a date on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday would have been better.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:19 AM   #10
Established Member

No he just wasted his time. You would assume someone would be interested in meeting after all those compliments, and mulling over a profile. If there was true interest, she would have said yes. She's probably not single, and stroking her ego hitting on men online. There are many who just want attention, not dates.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 10:46 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:

This is what I don't get. She looks at my profile, spends 40 minutes sending me multiple messages saying how funny and awesome I am, then ignores me when I ask her out.
She was weighing her options and found somebody else who was better. This happens to me more often than not, but OLD is an infinite well of dates anytime I'm horny/lonely and want a distraction.

Quote:
Should I send another message to her as a reply to one of her compliments saying something like "I'm even better in person than through a computer, let's meetup"?
Never ever say this. As Smackie said, confidence is everything and this reeks of self doubt.

I recently took a short break from OLD as I dated someone for about 4 weeks. I completely abandoned several conversations midstream. When I got back on OLD, I decided to message those women again. One asked "How was your weekend?" 4 weeks ago. I replied "I don't remember how that weekend was anymore. Sorry it took forever to reply. I could give some vague BS about taking a break like everybody else does but I met someone and it was good for a few weeks and now its not so I'm back here."

The point is I was confident and kept it light hearted and fun. We're going on our second date tonight.
Mike B. and knabe like this.
A love that should have lasted years
CryForNoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 10:59 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryForNoOne View Post
She was weighing her options and found somebody else who was better. This happens to me more often than not, but OLD is an infinite well of dates anytime I'm horny/lonely and want a distraction.

Never ever say this. As Smackie said, confidence is everything and this reeks of self doubt.

I recently took a short break from OLD as I dated someone for about 4 weeks. I completely abandoned several conversations midstream. When I got back on OLD, I decided to message those women again. One asked "How was your weekend?" 4 weeks ago. I replied "I don't remember how that weekend was anymore. Sorry it took forever to reply. I could give some vague BS about taking a break like everybody else does but I met someone and it was good for a few weeks and now its not so I'm back here."

The point is I was confident and kept it light hearted and fun. We're going on our second date tonight.

I like your response to her. It was the only way to go.
Mike B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 10:59 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clia View Post
IMO, you jumped the gun by asking her out so soon. She sent you one message. I'm all about meeting up quickly but she may not have even decided that she wants to meet you yet. I think it's better to exchange some messages for a few days before asking for a date.

Also, I don't know where you are, but where I am it's mid-morning on Friday. Asking her out for this weekend was way too last minute and might've turned her off. Asking for a date on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday would have been better.
I sent her the message on Monday. How would you suggest I follow up?
Old 6th October 2017, 11:05 AM   #14

Drop it. She is ONE woman who is a stranger. Don't get so determined like this after a couple of messages with someone you haven't even met.

You will have to lighten up and learn how to stay detached to succeed in online dating.
knabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 11:35 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
I sent her the message on Monday. How would you suggest I follow up?
You don't. You reply if she responds and if she doesn't you're done and moving on.
dumbass2 is offline   Reply With Quote