Dating a younger guy

Tiga

Hello,

Was wondering if me, a 27 year old female that is stable is ok to date a 24 year old guy, who is also stable. I feel a strong connection with this guy but have not moved into "dating", juat casual conversation here and there. But I feel a strong emotional bond, although since he is 24, it make me feel "old".

I know I am most likely over thinking it and that I should go for it. I mean I look 23-24 myself but I am not lol. Am I being over dramatic? Also if anyone has been here what are the pros and cons? I never dated someone younger than me. Although a man that was 7 years older than me that I dated was definitely immature in certain things so I don't know that "older men" are more mature as people say.

Thanks for your input!

If you're ok with it, then of course it's ok. It's only a 3 year age difference, I know it seems like a lot because he's technically early 20's and you're late 20's but if you're attracted to each other and you think he's emotionally mature, why not go for it?

I have some experience with this since my ex boyfriend was 23 and I was 27 when we got together. I felt the difference some times, since he was kind of immature, but after a while I didn't even think about it, and we were together for 7 years.

I say don't hold yourself back because you never know :)

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

3 year age difference is really insignificant at this point of your lives. Other factors are much more important. My dad is way younger than my mom

• Like 1

If you find him attractive and he you, cool, enjoy. You're both adults and your, and his, choices about things like dating younger/older/whatever adults are totally your own power and privilege. Pretty neat, eh?

Hello,

Was wondering if me, a 27 year old female that is stable is ok to date a 24 year old guy, who is also stable. I feel a strong connection with this guy but have not moved into "dating", juat casual conversation here and there. But I feel a strong emotional bond, although since he is 24, it make me feel "old".

I know I am most likely over thinking it and that I should go for it. I mean I look 23-24 myself but I am not lol. Am I being over dramatic? Also if anyone has been here what are the pros and cons? I never dated someone younger than me. Although a man that was 7 years older than me that I dated was definitely immature in certain things so I don't know that "older men" are more mature as people say.

Thanks for your input!

I really think it's not that big of a deal, I think at 24 and 27 you are almost at similar periods of your life, although that could change once you hit 30, but that's not a given.

Personally, i would not go there again, I ALWAYS dated younger guys and never was in a long term relationship with someone older than 24. I am 30 now. Last year I dated a 22 year old. Never again!

Although you are right, a man in his 30s can be immature as well, it's less likely than someone 24 being secure in what they want.

I am glad I am dating someone 8 years older than me now. It really makes a big difference. Especially when it comes to open communication, knowing what one wants from a relationship, talking responsibilities, etc.

But I wouldn't have cared for that at 27.

• Like 1
MajesticUnicorn

I don't think the age part is as important as making sure you're on the same page about work, life, goals, etc. Which you said you are both stable so that is a good sign?

I have dated younger guys before but none of them worked out based on the fact that none of them were on the same level of maturity as I was.

If you are attracted to him and feel a connection, and he's mature (or you're willing to overlook it if he's not) I say go for it!

• Like 2

Before I opened this thread I was thinking this is going to be about a 40 year old woman making the mistake of dating a 20-something year old.

3 years is nothing but it seems like you are making it something.

• Like 5

When I met my husband he just turned 20 and I was a few months shy of turning 26......still together 27 years later. We had a lot of friends in common even tho we never hung out until we met. We both had some growing up to do for sure, but it wasn't bad at all. Age was never an issue.

• Like 2

Past a certain point (the teen years) as long as you are at similar life stages, age is just a #.

I'm 5 years older than my husband. My mom was 5 years older than my dad

Relax. Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Author
Before I opened this thread I was thinking this is going to be about a 40 year old woman making the mistake of dating a 20-something year old.

3 years is nothing but it seems like you are making it something.

Lol, sorry. I haven't done much dating because I wasted all of my early 20's on this older man (ex fiancé). I haven't experienced much with guys. I had 3 total boyfriends in my life and all of them were serious relationships. (2 years, then three then 6). I have no idea why I always stay in long relationships. I am starting to have a different prespective on dating now. I kind of see it now as who cares how many guys have you been with (that's something that's always in the back of my mind or used to be), if it makes you happy have fun.

\I have always been kind of shy and did not want to come of as a "slut"

But now that I am 27 and have experienced some stuff, I feel like why not. I heard a saying, "what are you saving yourself for no one will thank you for it and there is no meter on your va*ina" lol

It's funny but it actually makes sense. lol sorry a little of topic but I will give it a go with this guy. There is something about him that makes me want him close to me and the thought of him gives me butterflies.

Its a good feeling but also scary...I feel like its so strong

• Author
Past a certain point (the teen years) as long as you are at similar life stages, age is just a #.

I'm 5 years older than my husband. My mom was 5 years older than my dad

Relax. Enjoy!

Thank you, my mom actually gave me the same advice. She said you are both adults its not like your are teenagers. He is a grown man and you are a grown woman lol

• Like 1
  • Author
When I met my husband he just turned 20 and I was a few months shy of turning 26......still together 27 years later. We had a lot of friends in common even tho we never hung out until we met. We both had some growing up to do for sure, but it wasn't bad at all. Age was never an issue.

WOW Thank you, this gives me hope :)

I think the reason why we got along is I never restricted him in what he wanted do, didn't nag at him....he had a lot of freedom (not sexually tho lol). The good thing is he never took advantage of that...it was always fair/respectful.

Hello,

Thanks for your input!

My quote said it all about the age of dating.. You feel that like, caring and love then you do whatever you want to do! No one can tell you otherwise. I dated much younger than me and older than me. (she lie about her age) That happen twice, they're so good about lying. But I can tell now that they are hiding things. Anyway as long a your happy then go for it!