Younger being with much, much older. s?

pyrga

Not sure what the community on this forum is like, having just joined, but I'll go ahead and recap the last 24 hours for you.

I'm a pretty young (22) decent looking guy, in the military, and was shopping at the mall with some pals when we went into a collectibles store. There were three older ladies and an older gentleman who all worked there. Not sure how the joke came about but the gentleman joked that one of the ladies was single.

I didn't think too much of it at first, I laughed as wells as my friends, but then the woman asked what she could help me with. I'm assuming she had expertise in the jewelry at the store. That's when I said, "what is it you want me to buy for you." From that line on was ten minutes of nonstop back and forth, great laughs, and her offering ridiculous discounts. I offered to take her to dinner and she said we could skip dinner and go straight to dessert! Of course it was a joke, and I chuckled at that one, but she truly was a sweetheart, and so incredibly pretty.

Since then, this woman, who has to be at least in her sixties, has been on my mind nonstop.

Now I am a psychology major, I have plenty of dating experience for my age, and I'm pretty devout to my religious beliefs. I don't see some Freudian complex or Oedipal complex with this woman, I've never had a desire for that. Furthermore, I don't think it's lust either, I truly just think she is an astounding woman.

So where I'm at now is, should I call (she gave me her personal, said if I needed anything to call) or visit again and follow up on this? Or let it be? It's not that I'm so concerned of being rejected by her (she seemed pretty serious between the flirting we were doing), but how others would react to my attraction to her. It's incredibly unconventional, but should I care? Should I not?

She's a sales person, she is just doing what sales people do...encourage you to buy by making you feel good, desired and happy. She is out to make her commission. I worked at a bar, and that is what you do, you flirt with the customers to keep them coming back. She's just good at it, is she not? *chuckle*

• Like 1
  • Author
She's a sales person, she is just doing what sales people do...encourage you to buy by making you feel good, desired and happy. She is out to make her commission. I worked at a bar, and that is what you do, you flirt with the customers to keep them coming back. She's just good at it, is she not? *chuckle*

That is something I considered. The reason why I think not is that -.) she gave me her personal number b.) she added me on Facebook c.) the discounts she was offering on merchandise (of which I purchased none), she would've lost more than she'd paid for it beforehand.

Great thought, but I'm personally not inclined to think that this is the case.

Cookiesandough

You do you. If you like it, I love it. I would just use her number to ask her out. Be prepared to get shot down. She probably sees you more like a kid and you misinterpreted her kindness as flirting, but I'm pulling for you

Edited by Cookiesandough
thefooloftheyear
That is something I considered. The reason why I think not is that -.) she gave me her personal number b.) she added me on Facebook c.) the discounts she was offering on merchandise (of which I purchased none), she would've lost more than she'd paid for it beforehand.

Great thought, but I'm personally not inclined to think that this is the case.

Take her down....Just don't lose your boner, she's gonna look like a melted candle without clothes...:laugh:

All kidding aside...

I know women like this...They don't, or never learned, how to properly interact with men..I bet she is one of those spinster types that never married and has a bunch of cats...I doubt it will go anywhere, nor should you even consider it, unless you are completely desperate....

You're 22 FFS,!!

TFY

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

Doubt if she's a milf she's a cat lady spinster. We make it a point to let ourselves go and not act in any way that can be construed as flirting. Basically have a scowl on our face 24/7

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
  • Author

Just an update.

Was out in town today to go to Comic Con, decided to go to that store in the mall just to follow up. She wasn't there, but the other employees were and all said that she absolutely would love to go to dinner. I ended up getting in contact with her and we're planning on dinner next weekend.

I'll update after dinner next weekend, if anyone is still interested to know.

• Like 5

Why not - you're young but in an age of consent. She'd probably be more amused than anything but I don't see a big loss for either of you. My first guy was much older - and this was great because I knew that the relationship is temporary and I'm just safely exploring the adult space. After that I start looking for partners my age (+/- few years) to settle, but at your age you can safely allow yourself to be adventurous. Curious how this will go!

• Like 1

Ha, ha, no worries about birth control ;)

No T-shirt and shorts at the dinner.... ladies my age and older tend to have a more formal perspective on such matters. Part of why I enjoy them.

Have a great time and welcome to LS!

• Like 1
  • Author
Ha, ha, no worries about birth control ;)

No T-shirt and shorts at the dinner.... ladies my age and older tend to have a more formal perspective on such matters. Part of why I enjoy them.

Have a great time and welcome to LS!

I'm an officer, we get etiquette classes and such in OCS and TBS. I can assure you I have a nice sportscoat hanging up in my closet I almost never wear. Perfect opportunity to dust it off I suppose.

• Like 1

Cool, an older woman, especially that age, IME appreciates a squared away man. Regardless of what comes of it, the time spent should be a blast. I've met plenty of such ladies in my travels and they've made for some great memories. There was this retired TWA stewardess.... ;)

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Wow, so she agreed to a date? Interesting. but who am I to judge. Please update and let us know how it goes

thefooloftheyear

Dumb old brawd...

knock the cobwebs out of it...

All kidding aside, if you were my son, id probably slap the crap out of you for even thinking about this...Its embarrassing and stupid...You're just a kid, but she should know better..

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

What's with all the unsavory insults directed at older women TFY? Two slams in one thread. Just because you add "just kidding" at the end of it doesn't make it okay. Geez.

OP, although the age gap is significant and will pose many challenges both anticipated and not, I am one who believes two consenting adults should do what they want.

Just be sure to check any expectations at the door and keep a healthy realistic perspective about the whole thing. That goes for her as well.

Enjoy and be safe.

thefooloftheyear
What's with all the unsavory insults directed at older women TFY? Two slams in one thread. Just because you add "just kidding" at the end of it doesn't make it okay. Geez.

OP, although the age gap is significant and will pose many challenges both anticipated and not, I am one who believes two consenting adults should do what they want.

Just be sure to check any expectations at the door and keep a healthy realistic perspective about the whole thing. That goes for her as well.

Enjoy and be safe.

I don't judge your opinion, so just don't judge mine, K?.....geez...;)

Its stupid....Period...Yes,. if this is actually a legitimate story, she's an idiot and a fool...What grown older woman("at least in her 60's") wants to subject herself to some dumb kid's fantasy or fetish?? They'll have zero in common, and practically nothing to talk about...If this was a topic in the sex forum, Id have nothing negative to say about it...

And no....I am not kidding...3 slams now...got the hat trick..

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
CautiouslyOptimistic

Its stupid....Period...Yes,. if this is actually a legitimate story, she's an idiot and a fool...What grown older woman("at least in her 60's") wants to subject herself to some dumb kid's fantasy or fetish?? They'll have zero in common, and practically nothing to talk about...If this was a topic in the sex forum, Id have nothing negative to say about it...

TFY

I don't think he sounds like a dumb kid (quite the opposite), but I agree they'd have nothing at all to talk about. If all they both want is a "unique" sexual experience....whatever, I guess! I'd say the same thing if the genders were reversed.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
I don't think he sounds like a dumb kid (quite the opposite), but I agree they'd have nothing at all to talk about. If all they both want is a "unique" sexual experience....whatever, I guess! I'd say the same thing if the genders were reversed.

I'd like to think I am a smart man, that was once a kid....Even then, Id consider myself pretty dumb for thinking about going on a "date" with a woman old enough to be my grandmother...

TFY

CautiouslyOptimistic
I'd like to think I am a smart man, that was once a kid....Even then, Id consider myself pretty dumb for thinking about going on a "date" with a woman old enough to be my grandmother...

TFY

LOL! Good point! :)

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

TFY

Wow. If a 22yo girl was into 60 year old man, you would be all for it!

and yeah, 60yo men look like melted candles with no clothes on too :lmao:

• Like 1

So, you met a cougar. Good for you! Enjoy each others company, enjoy the lusty sex, don't get too attached, and wear a condom! She might not be able to get pregnant, but STD's are a thing. Have fun!

thefooloftheyear
Wow. If a 22yo girl was into 60 year old man, you would be all for it!

and yeah, 60yo men look like melted candles with no clothes on too :lmao:

It'd be equally as dumb...Nice try...

TFY

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
It'd be equally as dumb...Nice try...

TFY

And you actually posted that exact same sentiment recently, in a similar thread where the genders were reversed.

Just an update.

Was out in town today to go to Comic Con, decided to go to that store in the mall just to follow up. She wasn't there, but the other employees were and all said that she absolutely would love to go to dinner. I ended up getting in contact with her and we're planning on dinner next weekend.

I'll update after dinner next weekend, if anyone is still interested to know.

Great, and please do update us. Just post to this same thread.

I would advise you not to get the other employees too involved. You're just after her, not them. For some reason, when we're young, we're a lot less private in our lives. We get involved with people in our social circle and then we tell everyone in our social circle, which only leads to drama and emo tears and broken friendships.

As we get older, we get more private. What you're doing is as unconventional as what she's doing -- going on a date with an almost 40-year difference. She may want to keep this on the down low, at least for now.

• Like 2