Question for Bumble users

max3732

I've not had much success with my paid dating site so I thought I'd give bumble a try. When I went to sign up it requires to login through facebook and I don't have a facebook account.

Would there be any downside to creating a facebook page specifically to use bumble? If I sign up today with 0 friends and only the required info on it will that be used against me in the app?

On their FAQ it says:

Right now we use Facebook to pull important information like your name, age, school and job to create your profile. This is important not only because it makes your signup process super fast, but it also ensures that information is genuine and reliable. In the future we intend to add additional methods of signing up.

I've not had much success with my paid dating site so I thought I'd give bumble a try. When I went to sign up it requires to login through facebook and I don't have a facebook account.

Would there be any downside to creating a facebook page specifically to use bumble? If I sign up today with 0 friends and only the required info on it will that be used against me in the app?

On their FAQ it says:

Right now we use Facebook to pull important information like your name, age, school and job to create your profile. This is important not only because it makes your signup process super fast, but it also ensures that information is genuine and reliable. In the future we intend to add additional methods of signing up.

I was turned off by this as I was not a Facebook user either but wanted to try the app.

I created a FB page with limited information and a fake last name so people wouldn't find me. I have zero friends, no posts, no one I'm following.

The bumble profile just shows my age and first name.

I've found it is the best app in my parts so it was worth the FB dummy page. No info other than mentioned was carried over to bumble.

Cookiesandough

You can make a FB specifically to use Bumble. Many people do this. Your age and first name will always be shown, but if you don't fill out the other info on FB, it will not show on Bumble. It will not show friends(or lack thereof) unless you have mutual friends. Have fun.