Why would a guy want a relationship with me when he hasn't met me in person?

cheerloverxo

cheerloverxo

There is this guy that I met online and the same day that I met him he told me that he already has feelings for me and wants to be in a relationship with me when he hasn't met me in person and I only knew him for a day. Is it a red flag if a guy tells you that he wants a relationship with you already the same day that you met? What does this mean?

RecentChange

YES ITS A RED FLAG.

He wants a relationship with a stranger, that's not a rational, logical, nor emotionally stable thing to say.

Talk about putting the cart before horse.

• Like 2
There is this guy that I met online and the same day that I met him he told me that he already has feelings for me and wants to be in a relationship with me when he hasn't met me in person and I only knew him for a day. Is it a red flag if a guy tells you that he wants a relationship with you already the same day that you met? What does this mean?

Real guy or scammer? Do you know they are all over the world not just Western African. Pray on women who are lonely and want to be loved. Sounds like one unless you have met him in person? If not run for the hills block him. No one can love you already in just a short time. Foolishness to think otherwise. He is just playing with you head.

If he said the following words.

Trust, have not doubts, believe in him (scammer)

• Like 1

They are playing the numbers game, because it can be quite hard to find and land a suitable partner for a man. It's just easier to express desire for a relationship with as many women as possible. And yes, it's a red flag.

Good luck.

He isn't in love with you (he can't be he doesn't know you), he is in love with the IDEA of someone who looks like you. Basically from your pictures he built up in his head the fantasy of a perfect girlfriend--which no woman can possibly live up to. A sign of serious immaturity.

There are millions of threads on here on "love-bombing". This is a classic example of that.

Cookiesandough
Real guy or scammer? Do you know they are all over the world not just Western African. Pray on women who are lonely and want to be loved. Sounds like one unless you have met him in person? If not run for the hills block him. No one can love you already in just a short time. Foolishness to think otherwise. He is just playing with you head.

If he said the following words.

Trust, have not doubts, believe in him (scammer)

Could be desperate or immature, but this is my thought too. Scammer or player. Thinks that's telling a girl what she wants to hear. And maybe not too far off, because for every one that finds it totally creepy there's another who thinks it's ~~So romantic~~ Anyone can say anything online

Edited by Cookiesandough

Desperate and needy and delusional. Really, time to cut him off now. Just block him. He's nuts and he will not be let down easy and go away easy, so block him.

• Like 1
This is my thought too. Scammer or player. Thinks that's telling a girl what she wants to hear. And maybe not too far off, because for every one that finds it totally creepy there's another who thinks it's ~~So romantic~~ Anyone can say anything online

Yes I agree with you also.. Scammers like to write poems but they're not writing them just copy and paste from poem site. Scammers love sounds to good to be true! Player knows how to reach a woman heart through love!

• Like 1

Scammer.

If you haven't met in person, you haven't met them. Tell him you want to meet him this weekend and see what he says.

If he says he's not in town or anything else but "yes. Where would you like to meet?", block him and cut off all communication with him. He's after your money.

• Like 1

I don't think this guy is a scammer, scammers are a heck of a lot more subtle than this.

There's a lot of guys like this online, I recall one of them, he was local and when I didn't agree to meet he had the biggest rant at me. A few weeks later I saw him at my local grocery store (he did look like his pictures at least!).

Don't try to find out if he is a scammer by calling his bluff and suggesting a meet - you could end up in a tricky situation.

I don't think scammer as well. Scammers subtly reel you in.

This guy is living in fantasy land or keeping you as his 'girlfriend' so you don't see other guys while he's out telling a lot of girls what he told you. I say don't even continue contact, block, and move on.

Lisa

ExpatInItaly

Yes, this is a gigantic red flag. How could it not be?

It's not normal for a stranger online to decide he wants to make you his girlfriend withing hours of first contact.

• Like 1

I've also had a guy who I did meet in person and at the end of the first date, he told me he wanted to be my boyfriend--turns out he was bipolar and was sailing on one of his highs episodes.

I still hold fast to the notion that he's a scammer because I've had scammers do exactly what OP said. Some go slowly, but others--the more inexperienced ones who just joined the scamming co-op--do go in fast because they are that greedy.