I think we've made some progress. What's next?

girlinNYC

This is in reference to the guy I have been posting about lately.

I feel we have made some progress since I've started flirting back (just subtly like complimenting what he is wearing, guys like hearing that right? :laugh:)

The other day we crossed paths and he saw I was in the distance and again, stood there until I noticed him, I was on the phone so I couldn't immediately go up to him and say hi. As soon as I got off the phone I walked closer and we greeted each other. The conversation again was free flowing and he was lovely/smiling etc, despite telling me how monotonous his day was. He also asked me if I was doing much later (I had assignments to do so I told him just those)

One thing led to another and as I wrapped up the conversation he leant in for a goodbye hug. It is the first time we had made physical contact and he initiated it. Since then I've told him all about my career pursuits so maybe that's amped things up for him?

I know there could be 1000 variables at play, but on a simple base level what does that hug mean in lieu of everything? And asking what my plans are? Given it's a first. What's next?

The next time he asks you if you're doing something later please respond with something like: "Oh, so busy today, but I have time on Thursday!" And then just smile at him. He should know what to do. If he hugs you again you can also hug him just a little longer.

• Like 1
  • Author
The next time he asks you if you're doing something later please respond with something like: "Oh, so busy today, but I have time on Thursday!" And then just smile at him. He should know what to do. If he hugs you again you can also hug him just a little longer.

Sound advice!

The "doing much tonight?" was probably small talk, but the hug was notable because he is quite shy. Is that an interest thing? He went in for it, I've never initiated a hug before.

Physicality is always an escalation so from that standpoint, it's a good thing. But us guys can be dumb sometimes so don't worry about being obvious. The busy tonight but I'm free Thursday is an obvious opening...if he misses that, he may simply be too timid. If that's the case, just ask him out.

• Like 1
  • Author
Physicality is always an escalation so from that standpoint, it's a good thing. But us guys can be dumb sometimes so don't worry about being obvious. The busy tonight but I'm free Thursday is an obvious opening...if he misses that, he may simply be too timid. If that's the case, just ask him out.

He's an enigma lol, he has a shy side but also has no problem jokingly swearing around me? Eg saying "f**k yeah"

He's thinking of leaving his job (so in turn I won't see him as much if he resigns) so I think it's in my best interests to add him on Facebook at the very least. He only knows my first name, as far as I know, so that's a logical explanation as to why he hasn't added me yet. My best friend seems to think he's holding back out of the whole "she should add me fist" thing, I do have one of his family members on FB. The hug from him still feels as surprising as it did a few days ago.

He's an enigma lol, he has a shy side but also has no problem jokingly swearing around me? Eg saying "f**k yeah"

He's thinking of leaving his job (so in turn I won't see him as much if he resigns) so I think it's in my best interests to add him on Facebook at the very least. He only knows my first name, as far as I know, so that's a logical explanation as to why he hasn't added me yet. My best friend seems to think he's holding back out of the whole "she should add me fist" thing, I do have one of his family members on FB. The hug from him still feels as surprising as it did a few days ago.

OK, I suspect you're young - say, early 20s? Just go up to him and say, I sense you're interested. Just so you know, I am too. 'Nuff said.

Sure, you can add him to Facebook but if he's shy, it's not going to do much. On the other hand, there's a possibility that he's seeing someone or is interested in someone else, in which case making things clear will at least clarify where you stand.

I thought you were going to ask him out?

so I think it's in my best interests to add him on Facebook at the very least. He only knows my first name, as far as I know, so that's a logical explanation as to why he hasn't added me yet. My best friend seems to think he's holding back out of the whole "she should add me fist" thing, I do have one of his family members on FB. The hug from him still feels as surprising as it did a few days ago.

If you were able to figure out his last name and you are friends with one of his family members, then logically he could figure out your last name also. Yet he hasn't. If he was interested, he would've asked you out by now, or at minimum asked for your number or connected with you on Facebook. It really seems like you are seeing what you want to see in his actions.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

I've been following this for awhile. Given the amount of detail I know about this guy now, it seems like if he was interested he would have made a move by now

• Author
I like the way you analyze every detail :laugh:

Um.. please. it's not "analysing every detail" to pick up on one notable difference and wonder what it could mean in light of it being the first time happening. Defeats the purpose of you reading these forums given the whole point of them is to get things off your chest and brainstorm ideas. ?

yeah, if he was interested, he would've asked for your number and taken you out by now. plain and simple. or...

you could just ask him out yourself! plain and simple.