Guys, does sending someone a heart emoji mean you like them?

Donna10

He added me to Snapchat 3 weeks ago because we might be working together on a work project.

Recently I've noticed he has been viewing all of my stories. He's a bit popular and has lots of followers.

The other day we had a conference call to talk about the work project. He said it would start soon and was working for the final details to go through. We made a bit of small talk after.

The next day when I posted a story on my snapchat about going on a trip for work.. I said "See you on Wednesday Orlando, I will miss you" then I added 1 kissing face emoji and 3 heart emojis to my snapchat story. Which was created for everyone to view.

Like 5 minutes later he was the first to view my story and replied to my story with a chat response.

When I opened the chat window, he had replied to my story with a heart emoji.

I was pretty surprised he sent me a heart emoji. Because he has previously never sent me a chat message.

Do you think he was just being nice? You can be honest!

Thank you, Donna

Edited by Donna10
Life lessons

Probably being nice......is there any chance you also sent him your "story", by mistake and he replied to that?

• Author

I did not send him my story. I posted it as a generic story using the 'My Story' selection. I have about 65 friends on snapchat. He is one of them. None of them sent me a heart. They just replied with "Good luck!" "Have a good trip"

You can't go by imoges. Some people just throw the line in the water to see who all they get. I've been on boards before where people just randomly sent imoges or you know, winks, that stuff, and we girls would message each other and everyone was getting them from the same guys. It really doesn't mean much. But you can flirt back if you want to.

Life lessons

It's possible the he could have interest or like you, he's excited for the trip....??. I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you for certain considering he didn't put any text and only used an emoji. It could mean anything.

I do know that the view on a story isn't a big deal. That's what there there for and some people read too much into the views..I'm not saying you're one of those.

I'm assuming you have interest in him?

• Author

Really?! That guy sounds like a scoundrel! I had no idea people just threw around emojis for fun. My 'online' persona reflects my real self... So maybe it's wrong to assume he is taking interest.

I never replied to the heart.

Yesterday I posted a story of my new office, and he immediately viewed it. Like within 2 mins of me posting it lol

It had been two days since he'd sent me that emoji, and I hadn't posted on snapchat that time bc I was busy at my new contract.

Finally after he viewed my story, I replied to one of his posted stories. He is taking a trip for work so I just wished him good luck.

• Author

lol @LifeLessons

Yes. I am afraid I do have a bit of a crush on him.

Actually, he is the only person on my snapchat who I have not met in person.

We have never met!

I had added him about 1 month ago, and one week into the add, I responded in a chat to one of his stories related to work.

He immediately added me, then asked me to send him my work website because we both work in the same industry.

He asked if he could call me about two weeks ago to talk about what kind of work we could do together. We talked and then he had to travel for work for about 2 weeks.

He was supposed to visit me a last week but is waiting for the job we could work on's contract to go through.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I don't have Snapchat, but is there an option to just "comment" and then another to message privately? If he messaged a heart privately, yes he is interested, at least in hooking up with you on your business trip if you're both going.

• Author
I don't have Snapchat, but is there an option to just "comment" and then another to message privately? If he messaged a heart privately, yes he is interested, at least in hooking up with you on your business trip if you're both going.

Snapchat lets you post pictures and video like Instagram.

The difference is:

You can't see the Snapchat User's friends list.

You can choose to shares videos and pictures either privately to a particular friend in your list. Or you can share them with certain people.

You accumulate points based on how many times you post images / videos

All stories: Video and photographs disappear after 24 hours. That's why I find it more cool than Instagram.

Most of the time, I just share my stories (video or pictures) with everyone in my friends list, because everyone I have are my friends, family, work colleagues... And this guy lol

You can't see who replies to a snapchat user's picture or video. The only way to reply to someone's story is through a chat window.

However, since I posted a public story for all of my friends to see...

I was excited he was the only one who replied with the heart... While everyone else said "Good luck" "See you soon"

His trip is different than my business trip.

Traveling is part of our work a few times a year.

He works in a different field than me, but we both work in the same industry.

Edited by Donna10
Really?! That guy sounds like a scoundrel! I had no idea people just threw around emojis for fun. My 'online' persona reflects my real self... So maybe it's wrong to assume he is taking interest.

If everyone that sent me a heart emoji was interested in me I'd have a long line knocking at my door.

Everyone throws them around relentlessly these days, to the point that they can have little meaning.

That doesn't mean he isn't interested. I'd guess he fancies a hookup. Why have you never met?

• Author
If everyone that sent me a heart emoji was interested in me I'd have a long line knocking at my door.

Everyone throws them around relentlessly these days, to the point that they can have little meaning.

That doesn't mean he isn't interested. I'd guess he fancies a hookup. Why have you never met?

Because he is someone who is well known. Sort of a minor celebrity.

That's why I started to follow him on Snapchat in the first place.

He is the only person who I follow that I do not know personally.

I guess it's because I think he is cute and so talented.

We both live in Orlando, Florida, like 30 minutes away from each other.

A fact he only revealed to me when we were talking on the phone. He's got a sense of humor, but he is serious about business. We will be working together soon on a big project, so I really don't see that side to his personality... Just wanting to hook up.

Maybe he was just saying Goodbye with the emoji? Since I posted 3 hearts to say goodbye to Orlando, since he lives there as well... He replied with one of them?

oneinamillion93

It's not necessary mean anything. I have guy friends and I sent then heart emoji or kissing emoji as much as they send me. Or they calling me honey sweet heart bla bla. They're being nice that's all

mortensorchid

That means he liked the story or thought of being in Orlando. I'd love to move to Florida myself ... If I saw that I would send a heart as well.

Don't read too much into that.