Woman on dating site I think I interacted with at my job

I'm not 100% sure it's her but it resembles her. I don't want to come across as a creep though. How should I ask if it was her or should I even bother? If it was her than I had vibes that she was attracted to me.

• Author

It turned out to be her & she replied. I responded back but I haven't heard from her in like 6 hours now since I replied but I saw she was online a little earlier. I take it that she has very little to no interest? Thoughts?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
rude ~T
LivingWaterPlease

I wouldn't mention it were I you. Unless you begin to date and maybe somewhere down the road mention it. It could embarrass her if she knows someone in her workplace has figured out she's doing OLD.

• Author

I wouldn't mention it were I you. Unless you begin to date and maybe somewhere down the road mention it. It could embarrass her if she knows someone in her workplace has figured out she's doing OLD.

She was a customer at my job it wasn't at her job. And I'm pretty sure at this point she's not interested since I assume if she was she would reply right away when she's on the dating site again? I saw her on like twice & never got another reply back.

And I did ask in my first message if it was her & she replied "Yes!, you helped me out on Thursday lol". I guess I'll see what happens but it doesn't seem like anything will happen judging by her long period of waiting to reply.

okaayy.. so did you ask her out via the messaging on the dating site or did you just ask her if that was her?

• Author
okaayy.. so did you ask her out via the messaging on the dating site or did you just ask her if that was her?

So you're saying I'm supposed to ask people out in my first message to them? That would have made me look really desperate & creepy I would tend to think? And I wasn't 100% sure if it was her but I was almost sure. And it turned out it was her. My message to her was asking if it was her that I helped out at my job & she said yes with the message I typed in my previous post.

cool. so now that big mystery in your life is solved.

so now you are both on a dating site. if you like the way she looks, read the profile, and ask her out if you want to. she looks at your profile and says yay or nay. i mean you are on a dating site for a reason, right? why are so hung up on whether you already met this woman IRL or not? what are you worried about?

actually, if you met her IRL, you are a step ahead of the game. Did she look good IRL? Was she annoying? Did she have a annoying voice? All things to decide before you date.

• Author
cool. so now that big mystery in your life is solved.

so now you are both on a dating site. if you like the way she looks, read the profile, and ask her out if you want to. she looks at your profile and says yay or nay. i mean you are on a dating site for a reason, right? why are so hung up on whether you already met this woman IRL or not? what are you worried about?

actually, if you met her IRL, you are a step ahead of the game. Did she look good IRL? Was she annoying? Did she have a annoying voice? All things to decide before you date.

I messaged her after again asking how she was doing with something else mixed into it. I didn't want to just rush into asking her out to get into the conversation a bit before asking. Is it normal these days to be asking a woman for her number in the first or second message? Wouldn't most women find that extremely desperate?

I messaged her after again asking how she was doing with something else mixed into it. I didn't want to just rush into asking her out to get into the conversation a bit before asking. Is it normal these days to be asking a woman for her number in the first or second message? Wouldn't most women find that extremely desperate?
I'm just going to throw this out there... tell me what's wrong with this:

Oh, so that is you. We've spoken a few times and I've always enjoyed our conversations. If you weren't a customer of ours, I'd have already asked you out. I try and stay away from that at work. But now that I've seen you here, I'm thinking we should go out. How about it? Want to join me for dinner?

I think the fact that you know her already puts aside all the OLD "rules", and you get to proceed on the basis that you already have a cordial acquaintance.

• Author
I'm just going to throw this out there... tell me what's wrong with this:

I think the fact that you know her already puts aside all the OLD "rules", and you get to proceed on the basis that you already have a cordial acquaintance.

Well, I only interacted with her for like 2 or 3 minutes at my job. It's not like we had a full blown conversation or anything. So I just feel saying what you did would have come across as desperate or even creepy. But I guess I'll probably have to take this as a loss since I've noticed her being online on the site a few times when I was on at the same time & never got a response back.

Well, I only interacted with her for like 2 or 3 minutes at my job. It's not like we had a full blown conversation or anything. So I just feel saying what you did would have come across as desperate or even creepy. But I guess I'll probably have to take this as a loss since I've noticed her being online on the site a few times when I was on at the same time & never got a response back.

Okay. So what were you exactly going to chat about on a dating site with her? The weather? Baseball? How long were you planning to chat with her about the weather and baseball stats? I mean, you are on a dating site. Not in a bingo hall.

I think given the fact that you see her IRL. I think if you see her in the hear future, ask her out IRL if you get a chance. I think it would be more genuine.

• Author
Okay. So what were you exactly going to chat about on a dating site with her? The weather? Baseball? How long were you planning to chat with her about the weather and baseball stats? I mean, you are on a dating site. Not in a bingo hall.

I think given the fact that you see her IRL. I think if you see her in the hear future, ask her out IRL if you get a chance. I think it would be more genuine.

I'm taking it that she rejected me though if she's not even responding to me. Why would I ask someone out that rejected me? I'm not going to be one of those guys that tries to get some woman to like them if they already turned you down. And I didn't want to come across as desperate/creepy as I've been saying.