Should I apologize to my BF or let it slide?

So this morning around 6 am we are getting ready. Both our phones are on the table facing up. BF is searching his call history to find his new landlord number. He can't find it so he asked me to search my phone and he heads to brush his teeth.

I get to the table where both phones are side by side. I go in my call history and search for the number. His phone was right there showing his call history. Now, I have no doubt what so ever about my BF so I guess it's just that damn feminine curiosity!!!

I did not take his phone in my hands, I just left it on the table and looked at the info showing, I swiped the screen to scroll and accidentally dialed someone on his list !!! AAAAAHHHHH.

Him and I don't have the same type of phone so I am touching everywhere on his phone to cut the call but it's not cutting!! The call went to voice mail, it's not on speaker phone but I can hear everything even with the phone laying on the table.

At that very moment my BF appears next to me and hears someone's voice mail message coming from his phone and says: Hon what did you do? (He’s not mad just curious) and I say: I don't know I touched something accidentally and it called someone.

At that moment I see the END CALL on top of his screen and I push it!!

BF acted like nothing happened but he's far from being a fool. I said I found the landlord number on my phone and he added her to his phone and left for work.

I feel I need to apologize. I had no business swiping his call history and I am so disappointed at myself but because he did not blink an eye, I wonder if I should just let it slide? I just go back and forth on what to do. I have a lot of respect for him and I think I should own what I did. AAARRRGG!!!

OH! And someone will call him back today asking what he wanted at 6 am! That person has a record of our whole conversation over his phone. *sigh*

If he's a secure guy he's probably not thinking much of it if he didn't say anything or appear annoyed or upset. You can apologize if you want to but I'm sure he would say something if it was a concern. I would probably make fun of you for your "damn feminine curiosity" if it were me.

• Like 4
Space Ritual

Gaeta,

Unless he has given you reason in the past to go through his phone then I would say it was truly a mistake on your part so if he asks just tell him exactly what happened.

You have been on these boards for a long time. You know as well as I do that sometimes these things happen and I would really consider this a One off. Please do not work yourself up over it. Your phones were side by side. if he had anything to hide chances are his phone would be glued to his hand.

So in your shoes I would not give it this much thought. I am guilty of thinking too hard myself and I have a way of turning innocuous thoughts into Congressional Investigations in 2 seconds. So don't let yourslef get caught up in a simple error.

• Like 1
d0nnivain

Apologize. Not a big huge deal. Karma already bit you in the butt or at least the finger. But be the bigger person.

• Like 2
  • Author
Apologize. Not a big huge deal. Karma already bit you in the butt or at least the finger. But be the bigger person.

lol love it

• Like 2

Just tell him it was an accident, that the phones were side by side and you weren't paying attention to what you were doing and accidentally hit something.

todreaminblue

gaeta just apolgise for your own peace of mind if you have that nagging voice at you.......apologies are not only for the person wronged......not that you really wronged him but apologies allow things to move on for you too..be truthful say you were curious and it wont happen again...deb

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry too much about it under the circumstances. It's not like you stole his phone while he was in the shower so you could snoop and you weren't motivated by distrust. If it will make you feel better, apologize. Otherwise just let it go and don't do it again.

• Like 1

He didn't seem too concerned, and this is a one off. I would let it go. I mean, you could later say you're sorry, you don't know what you did, and you hope you didn't cause issues with anyone calling so early. It actually sounds funny, and since he seemed unconcerned by the whole thing, it's not anything you need to worry about. Don't make an issue when there is no issue. :)

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

I thought this was kinda normal in LTR. (Not snooping, but the messing around on each other's phones) I seriously don't think he put together what happened or cared

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1

I would drop it. Apologising makes it sound like a bigger deal than it is.

Hopefully lesson learned. I do notice that some people seem to think they have the right to just to through a so's phone but for me that's a big no no (I've nothing to hide, but personally it just bothers me).

• Like 2
Shining One

OP, you know your boyfriend best. What would he want you to do in this situation?

Personally, I'd appreciate the apology.

TunaInTheBrine

Depending on what your gut says the mature thing to do here is, I would either:

a. let it go and forgive yourself

b. mention it to your BF the same way you mentioned it to us. even then, it probably won't turn into a 'thing' if you just acknowledge it for what it was.

Hope you feel better about it soon either way.

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

If he is not an over thinker by nature, he probably didn't even realize what happened.

I would let it go.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thank you all, I decided to let it go. I don't think he gave it a second thought. Since that happened he handed me his phone twice to search for something he couldn't find.

I got my lesson tough!! lol, No more innocent swiping while he's not looking!

• Like 5

You should apologize. It's one thing to see something because the screen is on and it happens to be there. You went looking for information and that's crossing a line (in my opinion, anyways)

I get it. My boyfriend is involved in a sport that attracts a lot more women than men and he has a lot of women friends and I get curious too but stay away from his phone unless he is specifically telling you you can look (ie asking you to look something up on his phone, showing you a video/picture ect)