Am I a rebound.....

Theuman

So a bit of context.

I started dating my girlfriend about six months ago. She started dating me about five days after breaking up with her boyfriend of three years. She assured me that he's an ******* who manipulated her emotionally and that she no longer has any feeling for him. And in fact. Lost feeling for him months ago. She's been very loving with me but when we get into a fight she compares me to him. Stating that I'm not fulfilling her expectations. And that I'm like her ex. Etc.

We've been planning on moving in together and signed a one year lease for a new apartment recently. And it does feel like things are moving too fast. But I love her. However. She will not let him go. She literally texts him to some extent daily. She sees him at least once or twice weekly. They go to sporting events together, movies, and plays. She recently told me that they're planning a trip for multiple days together to another city.

So I confront her about it. And after a bit. She admits that they had sex during one of their get together. She says it was a mistake and it won't happen again. But wants to continue seeing him. And that it was a one time thing and it won't happen again.

WTF is going on here.

Yes you are a rebound....are you frickin mad? moving in together? give your head a shake!!

GET OUT NOW!

• Like 3

Get out of that lease.

Do not move in with her.

She's a liar and manipulator.

She's not done with her ex--I seriously doubt if she's really broken up with him and is just using you as a tool to make her ex jealous.

• Like 4
  • Author
Can you afford this new place on your salary alone?

I can't. I found out about the cheating AFTER we signed it. Albeit she promised to stop talking to him after we moved in.

I can't. I found out about the cheating AFTER we signed it. Albeit she promised to stop talking to him after we moved in.

You shouldn't be signing a year lease with someone you barley know....6 months is not long enough...so don't blame her on this.

And to think she is doing you a favor by not talking to him AFTER you move in together...so it's still OK for her to be talking to him for now....???

• Like 1

Find someone else to move in with you, or tell her to move in with her ex. YOu should not move in with her. Find any way to get out of that lease. You're relationship with her isn't going anywhere. She's still seeing and screwing her "ex". Be done with her.

Not only are you a rebound but she takes you for an absolute doormat. Gosh. What is up that you tolerate such carp behavior?

I can't fathom the fact that you can't see this for what it is and are actually clueless. Maybe it's your deep denial.

In any case, break the lease if you have to -- find the money, find a replacement and move on with your life.

• Like 1

Promised? Pffft.

Just like she said she had no more feelings for him but went ahead and slept with him while in a relationship with you. WTF is right and you need to wake up.

• Like 1

No.

She needed to stop talking to him the day before she met you.

Find a guy who can be your roommate.

Do not let her move in and cuckold you with this guy. She WILL be having sex with him in your bed. You can put money on that.

• Like 3