too much too soon or just super interested?

Ilovelifeforwhatcome

Ilovelifeforwhatcome

So I signed up for another dating app (the ones I was using dried up for me). Anyways a guy ended up contacting me excited that he found someone who wants the same things, same morals and religious beliefs. We have been messaging like crazy back and forth over the last 3 days or so and plan to meet in person very soon (he is traveling atm). I enjoy his receiving his messages, unlike in the past some guys are just creepy. Plus I don't mind clingy lol, I kinda like it from someone I like back (I guess if I like it, its not considered clingy). He talks about wanting something more, which I don't really mind as I am looking to date seriously and one day hope to get married, I don't date for fun. When I meet the guys online, I let them know straight up that I don't want a hook up, I want something real. We have both been hurt by relationships. He is very flattering, but not dirty and says he can't wait to meet me. Opinions?

mushroomlol

Just 3 days into texting and now you are super hyped for him? Wait till you meet him in person...

Oh maybe I am getting old...cant get that excited about a stranger online anymore...

• Like 2
CaliforniaGirl

Well, it sounds good so far. The basics match up. On to your first date! Then you start to know one another better. Take it slowly. Enjoy the process and just let things unfold.

TheTraveler
So I signed up for another dating app (the ones I was using dried up for me). Anyways a guy ended up contacting me excited that he found someone who wants the same things, same morals and religious beliefs. We have been messaging like crazy back and forth over the last 3 days or so and plan to meet in person very soon (he is traveling atm). I enjoy his receiving his messages, unlike in the past some guys are just creepy. Plus I don't mind clingy lol, I kinda like it from someone I like back (I guess if I like it, its not considered clingy). He talks about wanting something more, which I don't really mind as I am looking to date seriously and one day hope to get married, I don't date for fun. When I meet the guys online, I let them know straight up that I don't want a hook up, I want something real. We have both been hurt by relationships. He is very flattering, but not dirty and says he can't wait to meet me. Opinions?

I think that sounds great. Definitely set it up and get to meeting each other asap.

I say go for it!

I met my hubby on an online dating site and we got married exactly a year later (we got engaged within 2 months of knowing each other). Everything just fell into place and now we've been together for 4 years and still going strong.

I had to meet a lot of guys first though and I was about to give up on online dating altogether, because it simply was not working for me.

I personally think online dating is a numbers game. The more people you meet, the better your chances of finding the right person for you. It is very tiring, but so worth it in the end.

I really hope this guy is the one for you. :love:

• Author
Ilovelifeforwhatcome
I say go for it!

I met my hubby on an online dating site and we got married exactly a year later (we got engaged within 2 months of knowing each other). Everything just fell into place and now we've been together for 4 years and still going strong.

I had to meet a lot of guys first though and I was about to give up on online dating altogether, because it simply was not working for me.

I personally think online dating is a numbers game. The more people you meet, the better your chances of finding the right person for you. It is very tiring, but so worth it in the end.

I really hope this guy is the one for you. :love:

Thanks, this round of online dating, I am going on a lot more dates then before. I do have a date w/another guy, but he isn't really into messaging me. We did set up a date, but idk if he will even show up oh well. Its more then a numbers game, if I go out (not sleep around) w/a lot of guys, I can have the option to take it or leave it and I won't be super disappointed either.

I remember this happening to me, more than once. (I think more than three). I receive an excited message from someone who really liked my profile. We message, and text, and then the date. It's really something I don't look back on fondly, one of the most memorable was the one that was so excited, after two days of almost non-stop texting, she drove a few hours to meet me. We had a pretty nice date and an hour into the date she told me upfront, "just so you know, I want to see you again." HOURS after the date, I texted her, nothing - no reply. After the second text went unanswered, I asked her if she wanted me to leave her alone. Two seconds later, she said, "please do."

There were a couple more situations, obviously different stories, but the end result was just like the above. It's a game, sometimes a confusing one. The moral of the story, keep yourself on the ground, don't let yourself get all caught up in the excitement of an illusion. Wait and see, it's a patience game more than anything.

It's not real yet. It won't be real until you meet in person.

Make that happen as soon as possible. How long is he traveling?

Don't get too sucked into the messages. Right now you like who you think he is. You have no idea who he actually is.

It does sound more positive then negative but use caution & Skepticism.

• Author
Ilovelifeforwhatcome
It's not real yet. It won't be real until you meet in person.

Make that happen as soon as possible. How long is he traveling?

Don't get too sucked into the messages. Right now you like who you think he is. You have no idea who he actually is.

It does sound more positive then negative but use caution & Skepticism.

We are planning to meet next week.

• Author
Ilovelifeforwhatcome
I remember this happening to me, more than once. (I think more than three). I receive an excited message from someone who really liked my profile. We message, and text, and then the date. It's really something I don't look back on fondly, one of the most memorable was the one that was so excited, after two days of almost non-stop texting, she drove a few hours to meet me. We had a pretty nice date and an hour into the date she told me upfront, "just so you know, I want to see you again." HOURS after the date, I texted her, nothing - no reply. After the second text went unanswered, I asked her if she wanted me to leave her alone. Two seconds later, she said, "please do."

There were a couple more situations, obviously different stories, but the end result was just like the above. It's a game, sometimes a confusing one. The moral of the story, keep yourself on the ground, don't let yourself get all caught up in the excitement of an illusion. Wait and see, it's a patience game more than anything.

I am def keeping that in my mind, I went on a date w/another guy, granted we didn't text. He showed so much interest in long term, 2nd date rolls around and he flat out said it wouldn't work. He had made up his mind before the 2nd date. At that point I texted him a thank you, good luck and deleted his number.

• Author
Ilovelifeforwhatcome
Keep your pantaloons on until you meet him.

I don't screw on the 1st date and I do not do hookups.

Too soon to tell. Enjoy the ride.

If he doesn't actually meet you, when he's back from his trip, don't even bother continuing.

Unavailable men - many are frauds; others just never seem to want to meet, for whatever reason.

Have fun, and see where it goes. It's way too soon to know anything, but it sounds good right now.

I don't screw on the 1st date and I do not do hookups.

Good on you for having principles. Just remember to stick to them no matter how attracted you are to the guy.

Regarding my opinion on the new guy, I would say take your time and try not to fantasize about him too much. The trouble with OLD is that he could be pursuing other women and then before you know, he disappears along with all your hopes and dreams. Then you're back to square one. So just relax and continue with your life, don't create space in your life for him just yet since it's only been a few days.