She cancelled!

CasualDude10

So the date I had planned today, she texts me last minute and cancels. Says she was babysitting and the parents wouldnt be back until late. The question is, do I give her a second chance? We have never met in person. She says she wants to see me and said she can rather next weekend or the following week when she is on spring break.

-she also told me she was very shy and so did a friend that knows her.

-i dont want to seem like a push over but also think she might be sincere.

Below is our text convo, and I still have yet to respond

9sfhv7.png

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Cookiesandough

She sounds sincere and wants to reschedule. Give her 1 more chance, HOWEVER, I'm shy too, but it's rude/disrespectful to cancel 20 min before!!!! Unless you knew beforehand there was a possibility she couldn't make it. Possibly mess up someone's Saturday night

Yes try it again and see when she can go out and make sure you confirm it with her a few other before you leave. If she cancels again she's either have cold feet, or something else is happening. But lets not think those are the issue. Got to stay positive here.

• Like 1

Could have done without that second text where you ask if she really wants to see you. Oh well. Sounds like she does so give it one more shot and set a date.

• Like 1

I would give her another chance since she offered to reschedule.

You should also probably watch it with the sarcasm. (I think you were being sarcastic anyway) You were likely joking when you said "swear you want to see me..," but things like that can easily be misunderstood through texting and make you look insecure or needy.

• Like 1
So the date I had planned today, she texts me last minute and cancels. Says she was babysitting and the parents wouldnt be back until late. The question is, do I give her a second chance? We have never met in person. She says she wants to see me and said she can rather next weekend or the following week when she is on spring break.

9sfhv7.png

Cancel 20 minutes before the date? And knowingly picked up a babysitting gig without tell you earlier?

Oh hell no. I'm out

9sfhv7.png

Since she is offering a new date to meet up I would let it slide

• Author
CasualDude10

thanks everyone for your input, we rescheduled for Friday. I haven't talked to her since Saturday night. I want to reach out to her and talk to her, but do not want to come off as needy. Think I should just wait until the date to text her?

thanks everyone for your input, we rescheduled for Friday. I haven't talked to her since Saturday night. I want to reach out to her and talk to her, but do not want to come off as needy. Think I should just wait until the date to text her?

Yes I would since the date is set

AngryGromit

Yes, I would give her a second chance, stuff happens. At least she cancelled before your date. I've had dates where I'm waiting at the restaurant and she never shows up, no call or nothing. I've had one date claim something came up and couldn't contact me, she swears she wants to meet me and stands me up for the 2nd date too.