Any ideas with this girl??

rov

Dated a girl yesterday I met through a friend, we went for lunch. I was going to pay the food for the two of us but she didn´t let me do it, she payed and told that I can pay next time. Then, she told me that she was going to Los Angeles 5 days but that when she returns, she will let me know when she is back so we can see us again. Then at the end when I say goodbye she told me to text here when I arrived safe to my home. The date went very good from my perspective. But the issue is this: Yesterday when I arrived to my house I texted her thanking for the meal and to let her know I arrived safe to my home. he saw the messages and didn´t replied and I was like ??. Any ideas what to do next or what is going on?

you texted her, so now the ball is in her court. As she said shes going on a trip for five days, that takes some packing and planning so she may just be busy.

Wait the five days and then text her asking how her trip was. Or let her text you if she wants before hand.

• Like 1

She told you she'd talk to you after the trip, not before. So don't get your hair up. If she's interested she'll contact you when she gets back from the trip.

• Like 1
So I think the best choice here is to wait for her to reach out. I don't want to look clingy and needy in her eyes.

That's correct you need to have patients, don't show weakness by texting anything more. She could be testing your manhood and see what sort of man you are weak or leader? Best to be a leader than weak. Interesting that she paid for both meals. Hmmm?

She's like me...I liked picking up the check for both. She's independent and likes having some control over the situation. You need to one up her if you want to keep up with her ;)

I agree it would be wise to let her make contact next time. This might turn into something interesting indeed..........

• Author

But I can´t deny that my mind is wandering why she suggests about hanging out together again and then I text her thanking for the meal she paid and telling her that I expect to see her again next week and suddenly she sees my voice message on whatsapp and she didn´t even reply..

Because she told you she was "away" and would talk to you when she got back. Maybe she will and maybe she won't. But she did tell you she was out of pocket.

I will tell you this. When I got to go to L.A. a few times many years ago, I did not waste time contacting people I could talk to when I got home. I went to the Whiskey and the Roxy and the Rainbow and had more to do than I could do in one trip, always.

I never really bought in the "too busy to text" excuse; it basically means she's not interested.

If I were extremely busy like that, I'd at least give my texter a response and continue to inform them that I busy, "Hey, I'm still preoccupied, I'll ttyl."

You can't possibly believe someone is so busy a courtesy text is impossible.

She didn't reply because you two had already agreed on a plan -- she'll see you when she gets back from LA.

Not everybody wants to have a relationship over text.

Live your life. Do interesting things over the next couple of days. When she gets back enjoy your 2nd date. Do not freak out over texting.

• Like 2
  • Author
She didn't reply because you two had already agreed on a plan -- she'll see you when she gets back from LA.

Not everybody wants to have a relationship over text.

Live your life. Do interesting things over the next couple of days. When she gets back enjoy your 2nd date. Do not freak out over texting.

Well I hope that the reason she didn't reply is the one that you are saying because it could also be that she is not very interested.

That is correct ROV she might not be interested in you. So you have to wait on her but don't wait too long because time is short and you can start looking for other women who would be excited and interested in you instead. I hope she contacts you.

Plan for the worst but hope for the best. If she contacts you after she gets back great. If you don't hear from her, wait 2-3 days, reach out once (assuming you really like her). Otherwise, chalk it up to one of those things that wasn't meant to be.

I will have my fingers crossed that it works out the way you want.

• Like 1

I would beg people to understand that people with busy lives don't have time to text everyone they know all the time. They're busy living life.

• Like 2

FWIW, when I insist on picking up the tab on a first date, it's because I have absolutely no intention of seeing the person again.

There's no way to know definitively whether she's interested at this point. Time will tell. Wait until she gets back. If she still doesn't contact you after she has been back a couple of days, you can reach out. Crickets at that point would mean lack of interest. Hopefully it works out, you reconnect, and have another date.

• Author
FWIW, when I insist on picking up the tab on a first date, it's because I have absolutely no intention of seeing the person again.

There's no way to know definitively whether she's interested at this point. Time will tell. Wait until she gets back. If she still doesn't contact you after she has been back a couple of days, you can reach out. Crickets at that point would mean lack of interest. Hopefully it works out, you reconnect, and have another date.

So the fact that she payed the bill means she has no interest?

Dated a girl yesterday I met through a friend, we went for lunch. I was going to pay the food for the two of us but she didn´t let me do it, she payed and told that I can pay next time. Then, she told me that she was going to Los Angeles 5 days but that when she returns, she will let me know when she is back so we can see us again. Then at the end when I say goodbye she told me to text here when I arrived safe to my home. The date went very good from my perspective. But the issue is this: Yesterday when I arrived to my house I texted her thanking for the meal and to let her know I arrived safe to my home. he saw the messages and didn´t replied and I was like ??. Any ideas what to do next or what is going on?
Stick to the plan, that's what you should do next.

You've got 5 days to go on a couple more dates. Why not? What has changed since before you met this girl, really? Nothing, that's what. You went out on a date. Big deal. You did your laundry too.

Wait a week for the text. If you don't get it, you will not have wasted a week, like you're planning on doing.

• Author
Stick to the plan, that's what you should do next.

You've got 5 days to go on a couple more dates. Why not? What has changed since before you met this girl, really? Nothing, that's what. You went out on a date. Big deal. You did your laundry too.

Wait a week for the text. If you don't get it, you will not have wasted a week, like you're planning on doing.

You are totally right, this is just a girl I just dated one time. No need to suffer.

You are totally right, this is just a girl I just dated one time. No need to suffer.

Yep. And be prepared she may never text you again. Continue dating and doing your thing

When you don't want to see someone again, why do you pay the tab?

So the fact that she payed the bill means she has no interest?

As a woman I too have paid the bill in full when I wanted to sever all ties. On some level it seemed kinder / more polite. The guy shouldn't have to pay for me to reject him. More importantly it showed that I didn't owe him anything.

Here because she planned to see you when she got back, don't give up all hope just yet. She may have paid because she's an ardent feminist. She may not have wanted to feel obligated because I'm not saying it's you but there are men out there who expect to be repaid in sexual favors because they bought dinner.

Again, it was one date. Don't get over-wrapped up in but see what happens when she gets back.

I can see her just paying her share to sever ties, but to cover both? and to suggest possible plans to meet again? it's more 50/50 IMO. It could go either way.