Dating advice needed

guitarplayer

guitarplayer

man,is it me or finding a good woman has become more like a job search.My 17 year old son does'nt seem to have a problem,man he's got tons of girlfriends but every girl I ask out either says "sorry I have a boyfriend" or there married(with no ring on there finger,I look first).Come on ladies,what am I doing wrong.I'm a nice guy,good looking family man but I must have "rejected 2 many times" tatooed on my forehead.I admit since my devorse I became a hermit and was feeling sooo sorry for myself it was pathetic.A (married)girl from work sugested to stop being sorry and start going out places(bars,clubs)but I've tried that dead end road and I dont want a bar girl,lol.I've done online dating but most girls I really like,they end up telling me "well that picture is 10 years old" and when I ask for a recent picture I understand why they use there old picture,lol.I know looks are not everything but "my god"I at least would like a decent looking girl,thats part of the chemistry.My personal skills and my ability to communicate are rusty when I'm at my best so this is'nt helping.I never ask any chick out in 14 years because I was married but now I'm single again I need to know what girls are looking for these days,lol.I see alot of guys with some hot babes out there(as I druel)and wonder what there doing right and what am I doing wrong.I talk to alot of girls through out my day but I cant seem to say the right things.I often wonder if I'm to conservative(to the bone)and being that way is'nt helping.I have this very high standard now because I dont want to go out with just any girl,been there done that.I want someone who enjoys the things I like for a change,is that posible???...Well any advise would be greatly needed,what am I doing wrong,I forgot how to ask out a girl.Help me get back on track,lol.......thanks all

I think the best thing anyone can do is not try so hard. You can't will things into existance. Of course you have to try a little. You have to put yourself out there.

But first you need to be okay with yourself first. You need to be able to say "I'm okay being by myself, but I would like someone to share my life with. But if that doesn't happen, I'm still gonna be okay." Sometimes love shows up in the most unexpected places, at the most unexpected time.

Just be yourself, be respectful, have a sense of humour, relax, listen carefully...

Take a class, go for walks (get a cute puppy- that will attract lots of chicks;)) - go where people are. Don't be afraid to be rejected- and try not to take it personally.

:bunny:

Not really sure how i can help you but i'm going throught the same things.I'm a nice guy and i'm honestly not that bad looking yet no girl gives me the time of day.I even tried giving this girl in my class who i had a huge crush on this gift and she gave it back :(

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

Check out the post on the "bad dresser" and take a quick look at your wardrobe. Has it been updated? Do you wear socks with sandals or bunch up your pants in a belt?

Really though, it shouldn't be about the way you dress, but it's a step in the right direction as first impressions can be huge! I always notice a guys shoes!