Funniest/Strangest First Dates.

OatsAndHall

This might be kind of fun. I'd like to hear some of people's funny/strange/bad experiences on first dates. I mean the kind of dates that send you packing for the hills in a hurry.

I met a woman via POF that's also a teacher. We met for coffee one evening and it was a solid hour of weird and confrontational behavior out of this woman. She asked me straight off of the bat if I considered myself an "alpha or beta male". Seriously, the FIRST question.. Talk about trying to break the ice with a nuke.. I told her that I didn't view myself as either: I want an equal partnership in any relationship: friendship or other wise. She cut that off by saying she was an "alpha female".

Then the conversation turned to education and swapping stories about kids, parents, etc.. It started off as fun and light-hearted but then got weird again. I mentioned that I had just had a couple of parents in my room, angry that their kid had to take a remedial math class.

She starts interrogating me over:

Her:"Well, what class did he want to take instead?"

Me:"I don't know, an art or wood-shop class, I guess."

Her:"So, are you one of those teachers that thinks core classes are more important than the rest?"

Me:"Uhh.. No... The state says he has to be in that class. So he's in that class. I think that music, art, and other classes are great for kids.."

She calms down a bit and we have a pretty decent conversation. I write off the opening volley as nerves on her part. We both had things to do later so we end the date amicably and she gives me an awkward hug at the door. I get to the car, breath and get a text from her within five minutes asking me if I wanted to go see a movie later "her treat". I hadn't been dating long, was pretty naive and gave her the benefit of the doubt and told her I'd like to. Here's the next round of weird conversation:

Her:"There's a movie playing at the Indy theater tonight that I'd like to see. How does that sound?"

Me: "That sounds good. What time?"

Her: "Oh sh-t, it doesn't look like it's playing any more. Are there any movies you'd like to see?"

Me: "Sure, I'd like to see ____, _____, _____ and _____. Also, ____ is getting good reviews."

Her: "I only watch movies in the indy theater."

Me: "Is there anything you want to see in the indy theater then?"

Her: "No, not really.."

Me (getting fed up): "Alright, _____ is out right now and it's done by an indy director and with an indy production company. Or we could slum it and go see the new 'Hunger Games', (insert wink, wink, sh-t)".

Her: "Are you kidding me? I'd never waste my money on that sh-t.."

Me: "This isn't going to work for me. G'night and I hope you find what you're looking for."

Her: "What did I do wrong?!?!?"

Personally, I think you dodged a bullet!! :laugh:

Here's an "alpha" tip in dating....this --> "I want an equal partnership in any relationship: friendship or other wise.", spot on!! If you can't even see that on a first date (male or female), why bother.....NEXT!!

Good luck on the next date. :cool:

• Author
Personally, I think you dodged a bullet!! :laugh:

Here's an "alpha" tip in dating....this --> "I want an equal partnership in any relationship: friendship or other wise.", spot on!! If you can't even see that on a first date (male or female), why bother.....NEXT!!

Good luck on the next date. :cool:

Lol.. It's amazing how many times this has come on dates. I don't know why women even ask... Is this like a part of "Dating 101 For Women"? You can tell if a guy considers himself to be an "alpha" after about ten minutes of talking to them..

A woman asked me the same thing on my last date and I gave her the same reply I posted above. She said that "someone in the relationship has to take the lead..". I asked her if she was a Geisha in a former life. She didn't find it as funny as I did.

• Like 3

Went on a spontaneous date with a guy who randomly popped up on OLD.

I was feeling lonely, he was feeling lonely - I though why not. Exchanged a few messages and nothing stood out as weird, plus we agreed to meet in the very central place (plus I was also 20... And naive).

We were supposed to meet at the exit of a train station. I spotted him first so I went forward and reached out my hand for a handshake "Hi I'm Lorenza".

He shook my hand and said "Hi I'm slave Stefan".

At first I thought I misheard and asked him to repeat it.

He nervously smiled and said "I'm slave Stefan for your service tonight, my lady".

I spinned on my heal and went straight back to the platform. No idea if it was serious or a joke but I didn't feel like finding out. :D

• Like 2

Funny stories :-)

Went for a 1st meeting with a guy from online. On his profile he only had pictures shoulders up and of course I didn't want to come across as shallow so I never asked for additional pictures.

We decide for first meet to go walk in a very popular park by a lake, always full of people.

I get there first and gets out of my car with my dog and wait for him.

I see a car park next to me, I recognize his face.

He got out of the car, walked toward me. He was a dwarf. :confused: You should have seen my face lol.

I didn't want to just leave him there and go home even if the view of him was like a cold shower. We went ahead and walked around the lake and the whole time he was breathless asking me to slow down.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2

This was a first date from Match. She had a few martinis already and had barely touched her food. A guy at the bar bought her a long island while I was in the bathroom. I told her it was not a good idea to drink it. She didn't listen. I ended up driving her home (fortunately in her car) and she threw up on me along the way.

Another first date from Match. She wore jeans so tight that she had to undo the top two buttons to sit down. When I noticed, she said: "Don't judge me, you know I look hot." She took out her phone and started showing me pictures of her in a bikini and kept commenting on how hot she was. I said "Narcissistic much?", but she didn't know what that meant. Our entire conversation that night alternated between how hot she was and me explaining words she didn't understand.

Not a first date, but worth sharing. This was a third date from Match. We went to Tequila Ranch, which has a mechanical bull. She had a few drinks and decided to ride it. I ended up taking her to the emergency room after she fell off and landed on her face. She had some pretty hefty dental bills after that night.

• Like 2
  • Author

I had gone out on like four dates with a woman once before she suggested just coming over to my place and just watching a movie. I knew what that meant and was completely on board with it as things were clicking along great between us. Five minutes into the movie her phone starts going off with text notifications which she ignores. Before you know it, the phone starts ringing and ringing. She had a little one at home being watched by her sister so I assumed that's why she kept the ringer on. Nope. She finally answers the phone and goes into another room. She starts arguing pretty loudly with the person on the other end and I'm getting spooky. She comes in, I ask her if everything is alright and she smiles and says, 'yup, let's enjoy the movie". A few minutes later the phone starts ringing AGAIN. I finally ask her if we need to cut things short because it seems like she's got some pressing business to attend to. She proceeds to tell me that it's her ex-husband and father of her son that has been calling the whole time. Apparently, "he's homeless" and it's "been really hard because he doesn't get to see Lil' Johnny much because of it". She then tells me that she's considering letting him move back in "until he gets his feet back under him". So, here I am, this woman in my house, her phone going nuts with her ex husband, and she's talking about him moving back in... I told her that she should probably leave and go handle that situation. I cut her off after that but started getting nasty, threatening text messages from her ex-husband. I don't know how he got my number but he was nuts. I finally had to call the cops on him.

But,I never would have suspected that this woman had THIS level of crazy going on in her life. She managed a local restaurant, had a high level of education, and was very polite and well spoken.

One brought a test with him and if I didn't like it we weren't suited.

I did like it

He said right that is a pass.

So I may continue to impress him then. :rolleyes:

I was messaging someone from POF and he insisted on a lunch date even though I didn't really want anything too long and wanted to go for coffee and cake. But he kept insisting he took me out for lunch to this particular country pub so in the end I agreed.

I turned up and he looked very little like his photo. He started telling me that he'd recently been diagnosed with Crohns- thus the reason his face looked like it had ballooned and changed shape from the steroids. We went in and they were only serving Sunday roast- and he told me to order first. So I did- giant helping of roast beef and all the trimmings! And then he started telling me that he was vegetarian... so roast beef wasn't really on the cards... and that due to his diagnosis he was only allowed to eat 10g of fibre a day... which meant he couldn't eat anything in the entire place.

Instead he watched me eat an entire roast in silence. I've never felt so self conscious in my life. And then he insisted on paying for it- even though I had my card out etc and was like- really you haven't eaten!

Funnily enough he never messaged again haha

• Like 2

The ones about the dwarf and the narcissist really cracked me up :D

I remembered another one, but it was on a second date.

Met this guy for a second date, even though the first one wasn't very impressive and felt like a job interview where I was the interviewer. He only asked me one question. But I thought I'll give it another chance, cause he was... really handsome (once again, I was younger and dumber).

We met up and started walking towards a cafe, when he got a call which he answered.

He was talking on his phone all the way to the cafe. Then while we ordered. Then when we sat down at our table. He didn't look at me once during that whole time - it was as if I wasn't even there! It lasted for about 20 min and we hadn't exchanged more than "Hi how are you?" at that point.

I really wanted to just leave, but I had already bought my coffee which I didn't want to waste. Nevertheless I was pissed. When he finally hung up I immediately called my dad and asked him to talk to me until I finish my coffee.

Then I stood up, took my jacket on (he didn't say a word!) said bye and left.

It was unbelievably awkward! :D

• Like 3
  • Author

I posted this on another thread but it's way too relevant not to share..

I met a woman over POF that was nice, personable, and well-spoken. She stated that she had a tumor removed from her brain stem a few years ago and that she was very self-conscious about the limp it left her with. I'm not a shallow person and I let her know that it didn't bother me in the least.

Anyway, we met for our first date and the cancer didn't just leave her with a limp (again, non-issue) but it left her very cognitively impaired. Her speech was slow and slurred and she was just not all there. I NEVER would have guessed this from our messaging back and forth.. We met for coffee and she said that she didn't drink coffee but that she was hungry. So, I offered to take her to dinner, lady's choice. She chose Taco Bell and said it was her favorite... We end up at a NASTY Taco Bell for an hour and a half.. We cannot hold a conversation because she is delayed. I cannot understand half of what she's saying and it was extremely uncomfortable. We ended up talking about her cancer and how she'd been fighting it.. I felt so bad because I knew this poor woman was lonely and probably hadn't had a date in a long time. I finally decide that the date needs to end and we go our separate ways. She messaged me, thanked me for the date and asked me out for a second. I told her that I was sorry but that I didn't think it was going to work. She asked what she had done wrong.. I had no idea what to say other than, "I'm sorry, maybe we can be friends". She was devastated.

I still feel horrible about that whole thing to this day.

I posted this on another thread but it's way too relevant not to share..

I met a woman over POF that was nice, personable, and well-spoken. She stated that she had a tumor removed from her brain stem a few years ago and that she was very self-conscious about the limp it left her with. I'm not a shallow person and I let her know that it didn't bother me in the least.

Anyway, we met for our first date and the cancer didn't just leave her with a limp (again, non-issue) but it left her very cognitively impaired. Her speech was slow and slurred and she was just not all there. I NEVER would have guessed this from our messaging back and forth.. We met for coffee and she said that she didn't drink coffee but that she was hungry. So, I offered to take her to dinner, lady's choice. She chose Taco Bell and said it was her favorite... We end up at a NASTY Taco Bell for an hour and a half.. We cannot hold a conversation because she is delayed. I cannot understand half of what she's saying and it was extremely uncomfortable. We ended up talking about her cancer and how she'd been fighting it.. I felt so bad because I knew this poor woman was lonely and probably hadn't had a date in a long time. I finally decide that the date needs to end and we go our separate ways. She messaged me, thanked me for the date and asked me out for a second. I told her that I was sorry but that I didn't think it was going to work. She asked what she had done wrong.. I had no idea what to say other than, "I'm sorry, maybe we can be friends". She was devastated.

I still feel horrible about that whole thing to this day.

aawww it is a sad story :-(

It's like my dwarf guy, he got to our date so motivated but how many times he was rejected or not telling ahead of time!