is she interested but grieving ??

tomherno

i have been talking to this girl for a while. she replies instantly to my messages. on her birthday i sent her funny picture i made for her. she liked it and she put it as her profile picture. a day later she sent me a text saying " hey Kevin look i put the picture you made for my birthday as profile picture". we continued to text each other but one day she read a message that i sent but she didn't reply for 24 hours. i sent her another message about a different topic and I didn't mention at all the fact that she ignored me , she replied to my message and then she said was tired on the bed the whole day. i personally didn't buy this. we continued to message and she still replies instantly. then after two weeks of instant replies again one day she ignored my text message. it shows read yet no reply after 24 hours. in these 24 hours she changed her profile picture and i thought she is not interested. i played it cool and sent her a message joking about how she is taking too much time to respond. she responded instantly but I ignored her. one day later she sent me this " hey are you still alive?"

we have known each other for 7 months and we hanged out several times.

one day i told her do that I like her and I am serious about you and i see things going towards engagement and marriage. I asked her if she sees things the same way.

she sent me this " I dont know what to say"

I sent her another message and I told her that my intention is not to put her in an uncomfortable situation where she has to agree or disagree to marriage. i was not really looking for an answer to my proposition but i was more looking to get a feeling where our relationship is going to

and I told her try to see it from my perspective. you know that i like you and you know exactly where you stand however from my perspective i see a blurred picture.

did you get what i mean?

she sent me this " I understand"

I told her so do you see us together or we are just friends.

she told me i will be hones with you. although i broke up with someone recently ( 2 months ago) and we will never be again. but still it is still sad and I still like him so much and I will always will. i cant be with anyone and I cant love anyone. i know this hurts but believe me it is TEMPORARY. i this is the only answer. i know that the truth hurts but thats the only thing i can give to you

i told her that i need time for myself and I will go no contact. i dont hate you and you will always have special part of my heart.

she sent me this " you will always a special part of my heart too, no contact is the best thing. i wish you can find the right girl

i feel bad for giving up on her .

1- is she interested but grieving ?

2- is staying friends a good idea ??

ChatroomHero

Wishing you find someone else, how much more clear could she make it? She could make a video of the 1000 reasons why she would never date you and I think it wouldn't be any more clear.

Move on. In the future as far as telling someone you see engagement and marriage in the future while you are "talking to her" and occasionally "hanging out" and not actively dating her is by far one of the worst things you can say.

ExpatInItaly

She's not interested, no. That is why she wished you the best finding another girl. She knows she doesn't feel the same way about you. I don't think staying friends is a good idea, for you. You have feelings that aren't reciprocated, so it will hurt when she eventually is ready to date but goes with another guy.

One thing, mentioning engagement and marriage to a girl you're not even dating is very off-putting. Don't do that in the future.

Edited by ExpatInItaly
  • Like 1