My boyfriend took back his I Love You. Could he have meant it?

Missladymary

Missladymary

Why would a guy say I love you, then the next day say he was worried he said it too early and that it wasent that he didn't want to say it. Then the day after that, he said it was too early and he wasent ready.

I will admit I did not reciprocate the I Love you that night, I just smiled and we said our goodbyes, I kissed him good night and went inside my house. He told me it just slipped out and that he didn't want to make a big deal of it after. He acted that he didn't mean it... kind of hurts.

You didn't reciprocate of course he took it back duh...........He did mean it, but is destroyed inside that you didn't say it back.....he is deeply disappointed in you.

Your hurt? just think how he feels!

• Like 14
kgcolonel

Ditto Smakie.....many guys don't express their feelings very easily. When you didn't reciprocate, he was crushed and the only way to recover and to interpret your non-response was to take it back.....if you do feel the love, tell him....or at least let him know you understand and appreciate him caring enough about you to express his feelings to you.

• Like 2
bluefeather

When he said he loved you, a polite thing to say, if you didn't feel that way, would have been something like, "I really like you, but I don't know if I'm ready to take that step yet."

As for the boy, well the fact that he took it back speaks volumes of his poor character. I don't care if his ego was "hurt," that's not a good enough reason to take something like that back. So either he told you the truth when he said he loved you the first time, and attempted to retract it after you didn't say it back, in which case, he's a coward... or he said he loves you and later implied that he didn't really mean it, in which case, he is dishonest.

tl;dr - what are you guys, like 13?

• Like 3

I agree that he meant it and then suffered a acute embarrassment when you didn't return it. He guessed that he must have read it wrong and tried to fix things badly

• Like 1