When you meet a women is it fair to assume she has a fwb?

singlelife

When I meet a women I assume she has a fwb. If she is single nothing wrong with that. How normal is it ladies to have you a side something?

ExpatInItaly

I wouldn't say it's a given.

I have had one at certain points in my life but it wasn't a consistent thing.

Only those with a flirty\outgoing personnality. The others want love, and if those are in a fwb relationship it probably means they are in love with the guy (ie being used). It is safe ro assume that any woman iw having sex on a regular basis, even without fwb arrangement.

Its not something you can assume. Some do some don't. I think fewer have them. But it is worth checking before you sleep with them.

Its worth checking anyway as different people have different dating styles.

As for being able to tell by their flirty personality... I have a VERY flirty personality and I do not have a FWB or FB... Haven't had one for well over 20 years... Never judge what you do not know.

When I meet a women I assume she has a fwb. If she is single nothing wrong with that. How normal is it ladies to have you a side something?

Safe to assume she has options - not necessarily safe to assume that she's having sex with them.

Want to know her options? Check her Facebook page :D. Guys simpin over her pictures = orbiters. Higher value guys probably won't be doing that though, so it's not an exact science...

It's funny, when I have options it's been called on here 'a harem'.

When a woman has options, it's not called a 'bullpen', or something else derogatory. I suppose it's 'empowering' :rolleyes:

Before an 'exclusive' talk, men and women are free to do whatever, or whomever, you like.

Adapt accordingly.

Edited by Jabron1
  • Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

It's extremely easy for a woman to get a FWB. Even my 65 yo mum could get one.

A lot of us chose not to have one though.

• Like 1

Unless she told me she had a fwb arrangement, I would not assume she had at all.

Most women don't go for fwb arrangements.

• Like 4

Um....no

I am outgoing, flirty, and have a high sex drive.

I have NEVER had a FWB. It's funny how people think that a small portion of the population in a certain age group over the past decade somehow creates a universal rule...

Michelle ma Belle

As the saying goes, when you assume you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me" :p

• Like 2
It's extremely easy for a woman to get a FWB. Even my 65 yo mum could get one.

A lot of us chose not to have one though.

I heard long ago some standup comic, (before OLD) that when a woman enters a bar she ABSOLUTELY knows if she is going to get laid that evening.

Unless a woman looks like Jabba the Hutt she can “get it” anytime she wants. But as ES said most choose not too because their lives are not defined or tied to that, have much more going on.

• Like 1
LoveRefreshed

I assume when I meet a woman, she could be having sex pretty much if she wants to. I stress it's a choice, but many women that I have had this discussion with will argue it's not, but then say it's because they haven't met any quality men to have sex with. So assume she could be if she wants to.

I also assume that, unless she explicitly says she has something on the spectrum between boyfriend and husband, she's pretty much could be having sex with anyone whenever she wants to.

I then try to become really interesting.

No! It is absolutely not correct to *assume* she has an FWB.

Why would you assume that?

I for one have NEVER had an FWB and never would.

I also know many women who wouldn't.

Nothing wrong with it, what's wrong is your assuming that every woman you meet has one...

In fact, assuming anything about her when you first meet is wrong.

Get to know her, find out who she IS.

Every woman is different?

• Like 2

I didn't have a FWB when I was single for years, so no.

losangelena

Alright, I'll bite. Why would you make that assumption?

• Like 1

Ummm are you serious with this question? If a woman is single I think it is safe to assume she is looking / going on dates but why the heck to assume she has a FWB?

A FWB is ALL the hassle of being in a relationship without the comfort of being in one. No thanks. I prefer to get into play non-living alternatives and leave the friends be friends without the benefits... And use the ton of spared time to learn, gain new skills, invest, travel, build a career, volunteer, improve my home, get in touch with family, brainstorm for the future...

Edited by No_Go
  • Like 1

Dating is a competition. You should always assume every female you go after has multiple men trying to go after her at the same time. May the best man win

• Author
Dating is a competition. You should always assume every female you go after has multiple men trying to go after her at the same time. May the best man win

That's my thinking as well. What's the big deal?

Assuming that the person you just met & are interested in has options besides you is fine.

Assuming that the person is engaged in a sex without commitment arrangement is presumptuous. It also says more about your attitude regarding casual sex then the other person.

Since you don't know the person why would you automatically assume that as opposed to the idea that the person prefers exclusivity?

• Like 2