Hard decision

Claire84

I have a guy friend who I have known for a year. He absolutely adores me and will buy me drinks when we go out or pay for my meal, I do pay sometimes. He asked me out last summer and I said know as my feelings were with someone else who didn't deserve them.

Months later he bought me a rose, some expensive perfume, my meal and a cake for my birthday. He dated another girl for 6 weeks but denied it, I think he denied it as he may secretly hope I will change my mind and him dating around may seem off-putting. This friend and I have so much in common, we have a laugh and he treats me well. He isn't a bad looking guy but I don't fancy him. Does fancying someone grow in time? I know he would be a good match for me and I am sick of being let down by a***holes.

• Like 1

If after a year you don't fancy him than no, it won't grow beyond that. If it had only been 1 date I would have told you to give it a couple of dates then decide but not after knowing him for 1 year.

Being tired of a-holes is not a reason to settle with a friend for fear of being alone. Keep searching.

• Like 1
babycrapgreen
I have a guy friend who I have known for a year. He absolutely adores me and will buy me drinks when we go out or pay for my meal, I do pay sometimes. He asked me out last summer and I said know as my feelings were with someone else who didn't deserve them.

Months later he bought me a rose, some expensive perfume, my meal and a cake for my birthday. He dated another girl for 6 weeks but denied it, I think he denied it as he may secretly hope I will change my mind and him dating around may seem off-putting. This friend and I have so much in common, we have a laugh and he treats me well. He isn't a bad looking guy but I don't fancy him. Does fancying someone grow in time? I know he would be a good match for me and I am sick of being let down by a***holes.

I think you should not date him because you're hoping to like him more than just friends, date him because you want to be his girlfriend. Give it time for you, I hear of plenty friendships that become dating well after a year. But, you have to be where he is at. "like like"

• Like 1

I had a friend I had known for 7 months. He wanted to date me so bad, would bring me breakfast, we'd talk for hours. I dated several people in that time and he was always the friend that was there for me. Basically i was tired of a-holes. I finally decided to just date him Lol. We've been official for almost a month and I have to say my feelings for him have grown exponentially. I have never been with a man who has treated me better than he does.

I was never really attracted to him but these days I can hardly remember the times I wasn't attracted yo him. He is really "doing it for me". I say give this friend a shot, but promise to be friends if it doesn't work out. And hang in there, it wasn't til a week ago that I decided I really liked him and felt genuinly happy with him and I no longer wonder about dating other men. Good luck.