LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Everything else but the physical

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By io2iio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2015, 1:17 PM   #1
Established Member

Everything else but the physical

Since my quick "whirlwind" relationship with my last girl, I have had a bit of a deluge of interest from my online dating profiles and have ended up going out with 4 different girls in the last week and a half.

First girl was a last minute whim thing, we just met at a salsa bar, had some fun. I don't think anything is there, she seems interested, but I am not really. We talk occasionally, that's about it.

Second girl was the same, she was in town from LA for the weekend, invited me out on Saturday. We went out, had a good time, danced, etc. And that was it. She is back in California now I think.

Third girl is gorgeous. She is a doctor. She is also very traditional and busy. She has expressed interest in me, but this wont be anything that moves fast. She was back in California over the Thanksgiving holiday and kept in contact the whole time, sending me pictures and talking to me about her family. She is a great girl. I think it will take a while to really get to know each other, which probably isn't a bad thing. She has been in medical school her whole life, now is working pretty extensively. She has never been married, no kids, I don't even think she has dated much due to being focused on school. I could be wrong. I really look forward to getting to know her more. We are set to go out again tomorrow.

Fourth girl is a complete intellectual and social connection. We just are in to all of the same things, same music, same cultural stuff, she is a director of an art program, loves music, film, etc. I am an amateur film maker with artist and musician friends. We just really relate on almost every level. The problem is, I am just not completely attracted to her physically. I want to be, I am trying to be, but I am not. She is completely into me. She has told me many times how much she likes me, how great of a guy I am, etc. She calls / texts a lot. We have a couple of dates lined up already. One tonight to a cultural event thing downtown, and one on Thursday to an art gallery opening for one of her friends. I really thinks she would be a great friend and someone I want to know.

I am not really sure what to do about the romantic side of all of this. I am really bad at dating. I had such a connection to the last girl I dated, and it was so solid so quickly, I think I am judging everything else off of that. I don't have that connection with any of these girls yet. Is that fair? Should I pull back from the ones I am not interested in and just focus on one? Should I just continue to date as many girls as possible in hopes of finding that connection again? I am trying not to be the ******* here, but I am not sure how to proceed.

Advice?
WhirlwindGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 2:21 PM   #2

Whats goes up quickly, will come down quickly. You are a man, you dont have to answer to anyone. If they ask be honest and tell them that you are dating to see who is compatible with your lifestyle. If you are in your 20's or 30's there is no reason to commit until you find a relationship that works for you.
io2iio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 2:57 PM   #3
Established Member

Thank you.

I guess I am just trying not to trample anyone's feelings, I know how bad that sucks. Then again, I don't really know what I want quite yet. I felt like I did, and that didn't work out, so now im back to being a little lost trying to find that again.

Im 37 by the way, if that helps at all. I am typically dating girls that are between 33 and 36
WhirlwindGuy is offline   Reply With Quote