Would you text a guy first?

towardthefuture

towardthefuture

So I was in line at this pizza place and there was this girl working there. I've seen her before and we had chatted. I instantly knew she recognized me, and she gave me body language like she wanted to go out. I asked for her number and she said something like "I'm really busy right now and my boss is watching. Maybe on my break in like an hour if you're still here?"

So I ate my food, but I couldn't hang around for an hour as I had an appointment. So I wrote my number on my business card and gave it to her, said "I can't hang around, I have somewhere to be. Text me your number on your break." and she said "Ok."

But I have not received a text from her, been about two hours. My thing ended up being pushed back 30 minutes so I theoretically could have stuck around but I didn't know that at the time.

Do you think she will text me the number?

Just chill out and wait for her to text you. You obviously can't text her first since you don't have her number. If she doesn't text you, then go on to the next one.

If I met someone I was interested in and could tell that they were also interested, absolutely I'd make the first move.

Just don't "wait for her"

Move on to the next possibility and if she contacts you in the next few days, make your decision then.

Versacehottie

My guess is that if she is interested (a distinct possibility) is that she will text you when she has time to go back and forth and guesses that you do. If you said you had something to do in an hour and she was only going to be on a short break, you wouldn't hear from her in an hour (as hoped for before); I guess maybe tomorrow.

good luck

It depends if she likes you. I asked a girl out behind a bar last year.

Turns out she was the head chef. I gave her my number and didn't expect to hear from her.

The next day she text! I'm still seeing her at the moment.

Give it a few days and if you haven't heard them you all know. If they like you and want to give things a shot. They will contact you.

Yeah. She'll probably contact you. But don't wait for it, don't expect it.

You did well, you can't lay down a whole lot of game when a girl is being watched by her boss... Showing you got a life and you can't just sit there waiting was actually better than you actually sitting there for an hour to get her number... But you were assertive. Good job and Good luck!

Someone is going to be eating well for the rest of his life :)

• Like 1

If she is young (< 25) probably not. I would not have had the confidence.

You know where she works. Go back. Get another slice & ask for her # this time

Her not texting you 1st isn't outright rejection but more of a situational hurdle.