How Soon Are You Attracted To the Opposite Sex?

bu2002

When dating, are you the type to feel that attraction/sparks/butterflies initially or does it take time to organically grow? Do you think it's different between gys and girls?

I've noticed it's hard for me (I'm a guy) to feel that attraction initially. Most of the women I've become attracted to, have been women I've worked with and I think it's because you slowly get to know them and interact with them in a non-dating environment. And when I say attraction, I'm talking beyond the physical part.

Depends on the guy man...

I myself tend to keep my emotions under lock and key.

I don't really become attached to women very easily either.

I've been through it all, at this point I just try to enjoy life and try not to hurt the women I get involved with.

I thought one of my crushes was cute the first time I met him. But I noticed him always saying thank you to waitresses. That is hot when a guy has manners. I didn't say anything to a friend until the second time I met him. But I was really loving that he had manners. It actually made me want to get to know him more. I'm a little afraid of telling a guy is cute because I can be shy around them. Until things happen I'm just hanging out with my friends and having a good time.

It can be as soon as one quick stare.

In studies, it take a women 7 seconds of meeting you whether you are BF material or not. We tend to process a lot in those 7 seconds, ie: body language, eye contact, features, shoes (yes women tend to look at the shoes you are wearing), look for a ring, sound of your voice.

• Like 3

Looks wise pretty instantly.

Personality and character can either hugely add to that or be a total turn off.

The latter two take time as I need to see the guy in different situations with me and others also.

My current crush I liked the look of instantly (we both clocked each other at the same time) even though he is physically not my type at all but the crush has stuck around as he is very self aware, good at reading people, fun and interesting to talk to and seems to be a good kind considerate man.

But he is just a crush and will remain that way. :)

• Like 1

As far as just attraction goes, I usually gauge within 10 seconds if she meets my standards or not physically and socially just going by certain signs and how she carries herself. Some are tougher to read, but with a little observation it can always be done pretty quick for me.

If I want a girl to be attracted to me, I typically don't allow any time frame, I make sure I look my best and I give off a positive energy right when I walk into the door.

I don't find a woman attractive until I know her. Say 3 dates. It's easy for me to find a girl unattractive ASAP with the ridiculous ways they try to be "mainstream" hot, but taking time to get attracted to someone has worked against me unfortunately, because it makes me make a move latter. :(

Instantly.

And I know it's mutual when our eyes lock the moment we lay eyes on each other. You can almost feel each others heart flutter and read each others thoughts.

I have had many moments when I felt attracted to someone but it wasn't mutual. They didn't feel the same attraction to me. It has always been a distinct series of events for me when it is mutual.

• Like 3