Would this be considered annoying?

Zephylin

I've had a crush on this guy I've only seen on social media. Recently, I messaged him on facebook and tried to start a conversation. I complimented him on something and we had a short chat after that. Then I finished by saying, maybe I'll see you around...

Nothing else happened after that, much to my dismay. I want to try talking to him again next week or the week after. Thought I'd ask if he wants to have lunch some day. If he says yes, that's great. If he declines, maybe that will be the push I need to get over this huge crush and stop thinking about him constantly.

But would me messaging him again come across as annoying or pester-ish?

I've had a crush on this guy I've only seen on social media. Recently, I messaged him on facebook and tried to start a conversation. I complimented him on something and we had a short chat after that. Then I finished by saying, maybe I'll see you around...

Nothing else happened after that, much to my dismay. I want to try talking to him again next week or the week after. Thought I'd ask if he wants to have lunch some day. If he says yes, that's great. If he declines, maybe that will be the push I need to get over this huge crush and stop thinking about him constantly.

But would me messaging him again come across as annoying or pester-ish?

If he hasn't contacted you again or asked you out, odds are very high he is not interested. He obviously knows you exist. He might be annoyed if you keep pestering him or he might just feel flattered. Unfortunately you are likely wasting your time if you do so. I'm sorry -- I know it hurts. :(

Is he local...?

If so, text or message...

"Hey, the new movie <whatever that movie might be> is on at my local cinema, I thought you might like to join me to see it? I hear it's had good reviews.... "

If not, how do you plan to actually meet him?

Because 'social media' for discussions, really, but really sucks......