Being used, or just cautious?

Woon

Hello all! Since everyone here was incredibly helpful in getting me through my breakup, i figured the same could be done for my current dilemma!

Ive met an incredibly beautiful and cool girl. Shes 5months older than me (27) and we have a lot of fun together. Now this could just be me and my insecurities after my breakup, but something is bothering me.

We met last thursday and went out the friday for the first time and spent most of the weekend together, just hanging out. The problem i have is that shes incredibly popular and have ALOT of male friends. Everywhere we went they would flirt with her, but she would brush them off, smile and come back to me. Very touchy and flirty with me. But no kisses or anything.

After the weekend she asked me to go with her to a massive event 300km away, as she felt it was her turn to spoil me. Later found out 2 of her male friends are driving with and were meeting alot of her friends there.

Im 6months post breakup. Shes only been single for a month now after a rough breakup of her own. I told her that im going with to spend time with her, not so much for the event, to which she replied i musnt fight with her, if she didnt want me to go with, she wouldnt have asked me to go with.

She knows im interested, but just scared she sees me the same way she sees the other two blokes driving with.

Short version.

Cant tell if shes interested in something more, since its only been a few days since we met and im expecting too much too soon, or im the same as the countless other guys she knows.

Any insights?

Too true... im just a bit jaded after my breakup. Bit scared of getting attached and hurt again.

Then you're not ready to be dating. I had this problem too... I think we all do at some point.

• Author

Hello all! Update:

So i asked her wednesday to have dinner with me thursday evening. She let me know the next morning(i had to ask) that she cant go out during the week as her mom has been strict since she moved back.(shes been living there for 3 months while trying to find a proper flat). She swung by my work for a bit of chitchat later that day.

Fast forward to the evening, thought id give her a call, which she doesnt answer. Sends me a message back 2hours later saying she was with a client (shes a rep) and that well talk later. Havent heard a word since, though she did tag me on fb about how excited she is for tomorrows event.

Ive all but made up my mind i guess. If she could go out with a "client" till 11pm then surely she could have went out with me?

Edit: Reading through that, couldnt help but realise how insecure i seem hahaha. Thing is, i dont mind her going out, we re not dating afterall. Just dont lie about it. Then i can see exactly where i stand. But maybe she really did see a client, who knows.

Edited by Woon

She is 27 years old and her mom doesn't allow her to go out during the week?

You're aware just how ridiculous that excuse sounds, aren't you?

• Author
She is 27 years old and her mom doesn't allow her to go out during the week?

You're aware just how ridiculous that excuse sounds, aren't you?

Oh, i do. She moved back after 9years away.

I wouldnt have believed it either, except for the fact that her parents have checked up on her everytime we have gone out so far. So while it does sound suspicious, i can sort of see it happening. Hell, her dad almost sent out a search party last time because a "friend"(a guy that likes her) told him he saw us doing heroin and tripping balls in a ditch. Which, ofcourse, wasnt true. Even wanted to have her do blood tests.

I think you're overthinking too much. But in my super awesome personal experience, 1-month break-up is a rebound.

Why don't you just take it easy? does she HAVE to be your girlfriend just because you're talking to her? I've met awesome close friends because we 'started dating or hanging out' and we discovered we were way cooler as friends rather than something more.

Just see what happens.