Girl lost interest

Alright, so the story is... I met a girl, got her number and chatted with her. Took her out a few weeks later (couldnt do it any earlier) and she initially seemed keen.

Then on the day we were supposed to meet for the second date, she cancelled and has basically been dodging me ever since. I made the mistake of persistently trying to arrange for us to meet, telling her that i liked her and all that. I probably killed any and all attraction she may have had. She even told me today that she liked me but not in an that way.

Now I know the best advice is to move on. I should've done it a while ago, and I definitely plan on doing it now.

But what I want to know is... Is there any way that attraction could be regained? Has that ever happened for anyone?

Stage5Clinger

I've been here before. It usually means there is another guy. It probably doesn't have anything to do with how attractive you are. In my opinion, it only makes sense to tell somebody you like them (if you like them). It also only makes sense to try and make plans with someone if you like them. Chalk it up as an experience and tell another girl you like her instead of trying to gain attraction from this corpse.

• Author

There was/is another guy. She told me a few days after she cancelled our second date. Now, they aren't together, just friends. I figured that this guy is just wasting time or he isnt interested. if she went out with me then she must have been interested in me and willing to forget the other guy. Thats why I was being persistent. I thought I had a short window of opportunity to make things happen, but I think it backfired.

What I want to know is.. could she be a potential option later on down the line? or have my actions completely shut that window

Stage5Clinger
What I want to know is.. could she be a potential option later on down the line? or have my actions completely shut that window

Yeah, of course. Anything is possible. A lot of bad information out there on the web for these types of situations. You just shouldn't put in any more effort than she is reciprocating.

• Like 1
Versacehottie

I agree with Stage 5--yes anything is possible BUT i wouldn't count on it or do anything to try to make it happen. Your best course of action TO make it happen is to do nothing, apart from being cordial when you see her.

That said, more than likely she will not have renewed interest. It is relatively hard to get up the courage to tell a guy outright that you just aren't interested. You may have pushed a little too hard and at that point, I see it as a place of no return for the majority of girls. You also didn't really have an established bond so that is a lot of time what keeps people connected when they say they don't want to be together. Really try to move on. Fake it until you make it. Keep busy, and go on dates with different girls.

She even told me today that she liked me but not in an that way.

When a woman uses those words I am afraid it's definitive, she is not attracted toward you.

I have turned down men because of all kinds of reasons from they were too slow or someone else came along. When I turn the man down, if there is a shred of me thinking maybe down the road him and I could reconnect, I would never tell him 'I don't like him that way'.

jam.over.jelly
There was/is another guy. She told me a few days after she cancelled our second date. Now, they aren't together, just friends. I figured that this guy is just wasting time or he isnt interested. if she went out with me then she must have been interested in me and willing to forget the other guy. Thats why I was being persistent. I thought I had a short window of opportunity to make things happen, but I think it backfired.

Now this is not necessarily true. She very well may be playing the field, and is trying not to focus on just one guy (a lot of people do this so they don't get fixated on just anybody they're dating. I am one). I would say she definitely seemed like she kept you on the back burner. Her interest was not that high.

If she liked you the way you like her, she wouldn't have been put off by you telling her so. She also wouldn't have dodged your attempts at trying for another date.

Even if there is a possibility of you two getting together sometime later in life, the door should be closed right now. When someone tells you they aren't interested in you 'in that way', the only respectable thing to do is to walk away and not look back.