What is going on here?!

TigerCub

I honestly don't know if this is the norm everywhere, or if it's just socially awkward Ottawa guys.

I tried online again - after a long break from it, and I'm noticing something odd.

I created a profile, got lots of messages and interest, but the odd thing is that it seems like the guys just want to message me forever and not do anything else.

Or the ones that do give me their #, just text endlessly. I hate texting because the conversation feels so disconnected, with replies coming/going randomly, it doesn't feel like a real conversation. I mentioned that I like phone conversations better and one guy called, but the rest resort to texting all the time.

The guys I've been in contact with just want to blah blah forever, and it's annoying me.

There was even one guy I was texting with, and we realized that we work really close to one another, so I actually suggested we meet up for lunch that day (very short notice, on a whim and said that if he can't' do it that day, fine, lets do it another time) - so he couldn't meet that day, but ever since he just emails me and has not brought up getting together.

I really don't get it. All those guys initiated the contact with me, I didn't go to them, but it seems like they just want to msg and nothing more...I really really don't get it.

Oh and another thing, the ones that do make plans, don't make concrete plans and when it's the day of going out, they are slow to text and all that crap. I try to confirm things the day before, but because these guys text and seem to be afraid of a real conversation, it doesn't seem to happen.

I honestly don't get it, and I lose interest because it comes off as awkward and weird.

So is it just my crappy city, or is this the norm?

If it is the norm, is it due to the fact that some girls out there want to msg a lot before meeting someone - has that somehow trained guys to be that way?

Or is this just because of texting and how our world is less social.

Please offer your insights, it would be appreciated.

Edited by TigerCub
I honestly don't know if this is the norm everywhere, or if it's just socially awkward Ottawa guys.

I tried online again - after a long break from it, and I'm noticing something odd.

I created a profile, got lots of messages and interest, but the odd thing is that it seems like the guys just want to message me forever and not do anything else.

Or the ones that do give me their #, just text endlessly. I hate texting because the conversation feels so disconnected, with replies coming/going randomly, it doesn't feel like a real conversation. I mentioned that I like phone conversations better and one guy called, but the rest resort to texting all the time.

The guys I've been in contact with just want to blah blah forever, and it's annoying me.

There was even one guy I was texting with, and we realized that we work really close to one another, so I actually suggested we meet up for lunch that day (very short notice, on a whim and said that if he can't' do it that day, fine, lets do it another time) - so he couldn't meet that day, but ever since he just emails me and has not brought up getting together.

I really don't get it. All those guys initiated the contact with me, I didn't go to them, but it seems like they just want to msg and nothing more...I really really don't get it.

Oh and another thing, the ones that do make plans, don't make concrete plans and when it's the day of going out, they are slow to text and all that crap. I try to confirm things the day before, but because these guys text and seem to be afraid of a real conversation, it doesn't seem to happen.

I honestly don't get it, and I lose interest because it comes off as awkward and weird.

So is it just my crappy city, or is this the norm?

If it is the norm, is it due to the fact that some girls out there want to msg a lot before meeting someone - has that somehow trained guys to be that way?

Or is this just because of texting and how our world is less social.

Please offer your insights, it would be appreciated.

I don't do online anymore because the ones you're describing were always married but wanted to flirt without "cheating".

That been my experience. They get their ego feed.

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't do online anymore because the ones you're describing were always married but wanted to flirt without "cheating".

That been my experience. They get their ego feed.

Damn it!

The reason I went back to online after the long break from it, was because I was sick of having attached men hit on me, so I figured that online, at least, most of them would be single looking for a partner.

Ugh! This blows!

But it does make sense.

Thanks S2B!

Honestly, I wish I could tell you why but I have no idea myself! I thought i'd just chime in to say that i'm with you on this one! It makes no sense!

• Like 1
  • Author
Honestly, I wish I could tell you why but I have no idea myself! I thought i'd just chime in to say that i'm with you on this one! It makes no sense!

Thank you.

So it's not just awkward Ottawa guys - it's everywhere.

That sheds more light on it.

The picture isn't any prettier, but it helps.

Thanks

• Like 1