why won't this creep respect boundaries?

Maharishi

The "creep" in question is a man who was a colleague about 15 years ago. We were casual friends but not close back then. We went out socially on perhaps two occasions. Nothing romantic ever happened between us but he made it fairly clear at the time that he found me attractive. Fast forward a decade and we became FB friends. At some point he invited me to meet for a coffee to catch up. I thought 'why not?' But on two occasions he completely flaked out, cancelling at the last minute due to some bizarre and convoluted issues. So I assumed he was a flake and forgot all about him.

But lately he has been posting ridiculous comments on my FB timeline in response to my status updates. For example, I will post an article about politics or current affairs and his (highly inappropriate) response will be to comment that I am "the most beautiful woman I've ever met" or something equally over the top and irrelevant. Most times he will then delete the comment a while later.

In the past month he has inboxed me several times to say stuff like "I just saw your profile on Tinder and swiped right. I pray you will swipe right too" and "I saw you on OKC and I've taken a screenshot of your profile if you'd like to see it." At this point I told him I found his messages intrusive and that I'm not interested in dating him. I asked him to stop messaging me. He completely ignored my request. He started messaging me on various dating sites, saying stuff like "you look beautiful." Each time he messaged me I'd just block him on that particular site. I also messaged him and told him again that I am not interested in dating him and that I do not want him to contact me again. I've now also blocked him on Facebook.

Is there any more I can do? And why won't this creep respect boundaries?

SandraTempleton

Here's what I do: Message the dating sites that you are using and he's contacting you on with a screenshot of the weird conversations that shows his username. I would explain the backstory a bit as well. Most sites will block a user including their IP address from being on the site if they are reported as harassing other members.

Best of luck to you!

Why won't he respect boundaries? Anyone's guess. It's not your fault, and it's not worth guessing.

You've done the right thing, now don't contact him even in reply; keep ignoring him.