Getting over someone

WisconsinWonder

WisconsinWonder

How long does it take to get over a 3 month relationship?

Ive had longer relationship but this has cut he to the core.

He was so cruel and dumped me for someone else.

We're both 29

Conventional wisdom says it takes 1 month for every year, so - if it's true - about 10 days and you should be over it.

• Like 1

Three months isnt a long time and sorry to hear you got left behind. I hate the word "dumped".

It gets easier but for a 3 month "relationship". People get affected different ways. Someone once told me grieving is like waves crashing over you in a life boat and you are clinging every breath like a photo or a memory. Overtime the waves subside and life gets easier.

It wasn't a relationship. it was dating. 3 months is NOT a relationship. Maybe refrain your thoughts and words and you might be over it tomorrow. Being dumped is fitting since someone else was the primary cause. But it's better, sooner than when you live together.

It wasn't a relationship. it was dating. 3 months is NOT a relationship. Maybe refrain your thoughts and words and you might be over it tomorrow. Being dumped is fitting since someone else was the primary cause. But it's better, sooner than when you live together.

Although relatively brief it can still be a tough experience. I had a 2 month relationship that probably only took a few weeks of grief period and residual feelings for a few months even a year later i was asking myself what happened and missing him now and again. It depends on a lot of things.p and its different for everyone.

But one thing you have going for you, you've gotten through it before. You will do it again. All the best x

• Like 1
Although relatively brief it can still be a tough experience. I had a 2 month relationship that probably only took a few weeks of grief period and residual feelings for a few months even a year later i was asking myself what happened and missing him now and again. It depends on a lot of things.p and its different for everyone.

But one thing you have going for you, you've gotten through it before. You will do it again. All the best x

Smiley you sound really sweet from all your posts and I hope you find the right match, a fantastic authentic man. Have you read up on and considered that you may have HSP, Highly Sensitive Person, this does not mean you are a crybaby or weep at the drop of the hat, a completely different experience, completely normal, NOT a disorder, 10 percent of population.

It means you feel more deeply then others with ALL senses, not clingy or desperate, but you have a greater intuition of others and a deeper experience.

I have some/many of the characteristics, but luckily have quite the saucy/take no bull side too. Look it up. I could be wrong but this is what I gathered from your posts.

• Like 1

Timescales vary. Took me all of about 10 minutes to get over a 7 year relationship but several months to get over a 1 1/2 month fling.

I always find it really helps if you can find the "wrong" in them. Then it makes it so much easier to accept that they were not the one for you.

Once I knew my fling was only with me because I was fat and he has a thing for fat women I figured that actually its probably a good thing as he would not and did not support me with my quest for physical health and fitness which is important to me.

As it was such a short time just be grateful that you never got to smell and see them on the loo picking their nose while pushing out a diarrhea induced poo. Only when you have seen that and still want to kiss them can you call it true love... Just saying!

Pick yourself up. Stop moping about and get out and do something. It always helps. Doesn't matter what it is - even just doing the washing up or going for a half hour walk or finishing off some job thats been going on for ages. Put some meaning into your life and get up and do something. Always helps me!

That depends on deep you are into him. Cut off all contacts, pick yourself and move on. It's his loss not yours. Have fun and do things that can distract you from thinking too much. GOODLUCK!!!