Where to meet people organically

cookiemonster26

cookiemonster26

If you have read my previous posts, you know I hate online dating. With that being said, does anyone have any experience or ideas on where to meet people organically? I work with all women (so that's not an option) and I have been hanging out with the same friends for 5-10 years, some friends since elementary. If they had someone to set me up with it would of happened by now. Any ideas on where to meet people would be great.

I probably met more people 'organically' during the decade or so I was a docent at the local zoo. Between everyday work and working after-hours parties and events, it was a real cross section of social strata. Probably the most single women (very few but better than normal) I ever met in real life.

If wanting to meet guys, I know for a fact that a lot of single guys hang out at car shows with or without their rides. My exW was flabbergasted.

How old are you? Do you have a close group of friends or buddies that you hang out with? What do you do on weekends if you want to go out?

And having all female do workers isn't a bad thing. Become friendly with them and let them see you're a catch and fun to be around. Let them know you're single and it's been tough finding a nice girl to take to dinner or out. Women will take you on as a project and at least 1 of them will know a girl your age that she can set u up with. "Omg my friend Michelle would love you!! You have to meet her, if I give her your number is ok she contacts you?" Lol

at least 1 of them will know a girl your age that she can set u up with. "Omg my friend Michelle would love you!! You have to meet her, if I give her your number is ok she contacts you?" Lol
Michelle usually turns out to be "a bigger girl" who's "got a great personality".
  • Like 1
If you have read my previous posts, you know I hate online dating. With that being said, does anyone have any experience or ideas on where to meet people organically? I work with all women (so that's not an option) and I have been hanging out with the same friends for 5-10 years, some friends since elementary. If they had someone to set me up with it would of happened by now. Any ideas on where to meet people would be great.

Tell them to set you up works better then waiting for them to.

Pursue hobbies and join clubs so you can participate. You will met lots of people.

1. meet up groups

2. volunteering for a cause you care about

3. who's around at work. I understand you said you work with all women, but do you see any men in the cafeteria? at the café where you get your morning coffee? etc.

4. bars

5. playing a co-ed sport

6. as part of a share house, either summer at the beach or winter skiing

7. church you need to get involved in a committee or work group not just show up at services

8. business networking events, either industry specific or chamber of commerce type stuff

9. taking or teaching a class; pick an adult education type thing

10 at the gym

11 in a book store / library

12 strolling though a museum

13 by telling family friends & colleagues you are open to be introduced. You say it would have happened already but not if you didn't tell them you wanted their help.

14 through alumni associations

15 while commuting. Do you talk to your seat mates when you fly?

16. attending a singles event. Pick a niche one that speaks to you. I went to a wine dinner. There was one where they set you up to play golf or tennis. One was called Leashes & Lovers. You could bring your dog.

• Like 1

This summer I was approached twice and both times it was while I was walking my dog in a park. I think parks are a great place because it's so easy to strike up a conversation 'beautiful day isn't it?'. No more is needed.

• Like 1
  • Author
cookiemonster26
1. meet up groups

2. volunteering for a cause you care about

3. who's around at work. I understand you said you work with all women, but do you see any men in the cafeteria? at the café where you get your morning coffee? etc.

4. bars

5. playing a co-ed sport

6. as part of a share house, either summer at the beach or winter skiing

7. church you need to get involved in a committee or work group not just show up at services

8. business networking events, either industry specific or chamber of commerce type stuff

9. taking or teaching a class; pick an adult education type thing

10 at the gym

11 in a book store / library

12 strolling though a museum

13 by telling family friends & colleagues you are open to be introduced. You say it would have happened already but not if you didn't tell them you wanted their help.

14 through alumni associations

15 while commuting. Do you talk to your seat mates when you fly?

16. attending a singles event. Pick a niche one that speaks to you. I went to a wine dinner. There was one where they set you up to play golf or tennis. One was called Leashes & Lovers. You could bring your dog.

This list is awesome thank you!!!!:laugh:

• Like 1