Unflattering pictures of me on Facebook?

Kkristine

My boyfriend's sister just got engaged this past weekend. I tried to stay out of most pictures, but group pictures were impossible.

I told my fiancé to untag me in any pictures that were posted b/c, if you couldn't tell yet, I am very self-conscious. He left them all on his Facebook for the world to see. I didn't find out until I recieved texts from friends. So, I went on his Facebook & got rid of them.

I feel like I'm being controlling and over-bearing. I gained over 100 pounds in the past 2 years, and he completely understands my feelings for wanting pictures taken off.

I don't know if I can even be upset with him b/c he can do what he wants, but I'm a very private person and he shares everything on Facebook. How can we resolve this & meet in the middle? I can't handle Facebook anymore..

ExpatInItaly

Have a talk with him. Reiterate that you're simply not comfortable having your pictures tagged. Don't attack him for it, because I don't think he was trying to hurt you.

But don't go into his Facebook account again. Do not delete pictures. That is too much.

Instead, you could approach it from a different angle: "Babe, my friends mentioned that they saw some pictures of us online. I know you understand how self-conscious that makes me feel, so I'd appreciate if you could un-tag me. Thanks for being a good sport about it."

Having said that, nobody pays as much attention to others' FB profiles as they do to their own. So while you're not feeling great about it, rest assured that many people are too wrapped up in their own pics to care very much about anyone else's.

But surely being tagged in these photos makes no difference, right? The photo is still there whether or not you are tagged in it.

If you are so private why do you have Facebook in the first place? It is possible to survive without it you know.

• Like 1

Change your Facebook settings. You can make it so that you have to approve all tags before they are allowed on your time line.

• Like 3