Exclusive but not a couple

yummycheese

Alright, so this might be a long one.

There's a girl who I used to be best friends with, and I also have intense feelings for her. We fell out and she just recently came back into my life proclaiming that she's sorry and actually did like me too and wants to take it slow.

So we've been getting cutesy and such via text because she's been on holiday. She's definitely interested and thinks we can be cute and sees us going somewhere.

Anyway, I met her today and we hung out at her place. We talked about what we are, and she essentially said that right now, we're "friends that like eachother and are cute sometimes". There a bit of an age gap and she's not legal yet, whilst I am. She's been cheated on before, and she had an awful childhood experience with a guy who was also my age who basically exploited her.

She said that she feels really weird about us because of all that, and she wants to take things slow and for me to respect her because she's going to take a while to get comfortable. Especially because she's not 16 yet, there's about a month until she is.

She's already said that she wants to be exclusive, even though we're not properly in a relationship, but we're down for dates and being cute and ALMOST couple-like. Going out for dinner, cuddling, picnics, that sort of thing.

I asked her, what happens when she turns 16? And she said that "We'll talk about that when I'm 16".

So basically, what I'm asking is that what does this look like? Are we dating? are we not? We're exclusive but I'm unsure about my future relationship with her.

You don't have to accept her terms....you can walk away anytime you want.

Or you can wait a month and see what happens and walk away then.

• Author
You don't have to accept her terms....you can walk away anytime you want.

Or you can wait a month and see what happens and walk away then.

I'd like to not walk away at all... I really like this girl and care about her a whole lot. I intend on waiting for her.

I'd like to not walk away at all... I really like this girl and care about her a whole lot. I intend on waiting for her.

Then there you go. Sorry we don't have crystal balls to seek out the future for you.

It means she is a 15 year old child and labels scare her. Stop trying to slap one on whatever you are doing. Enjoy her company. Date her (but avoid the word). Flirt. Carry on. Do not date other women. After 6 months or when she next brings it up revisit whatever you are calling what you are doing. For now, act honorably & earn her trust.