Why did he block me after I rejected him?

AmIOK

Hi all. Sorry if the amount of information in this post is uneccessary; thought the story behind this might make the situation easier to judge. So here it is...

Met someone a few months back. He came back to mine and he stayed over. We didn't have sex but we both wanted to. He leaves then sends a message saying he's getting back with his ex (I thought that was bull and that he probably wasn't single), and can we keep that night between us. I just said ok and was polite.

I then get a message a month later saying he didn't get back with her and that he couldn't stop thinking about me (I assumed he meant he couldn't stop thinking about the sex we didn't have that night and wanted that). I did too, so we met up again, and this time we did sleep together. We also got on really well, and he asked if I'd like to go out on a date with him sometime soon, and I said yes. However, that didn't happen and he just asked if I would like to watch a film at mine again. We had fun the last time, so I said yes.

After that night, I got a message a few days later saying that he was getting back with her now. It kind of annoyed me, as I felt like either he knew that all along, or that he was still with her when he was meeting up with me. Also, I don't like being messed around (which I'm sure is the same for most people). So I didn't reply to the message. He messages me again the next day, and I ignored that one too. He then messaged again the next day, and I just sent a polite reply which basically said 'ok'. But then he replies saying that she isn't getting back in touch with him and asked if I'd like to meet up again! (Second best or what :p ). I obviously said no, but I said it in a nice way. Anyway, just after that, he blocked me.

I don't really care as I don't know hom that well. But this isn't the first time I've been blocked by someone I've said no to, so I guess I'm just curious as to why someone would block you once you say no? I obviously wasn't going to message them as I was the one who said no. just don't get it. So yeah, any ideas would be great, thanks :)

LoveRefreshed

Why do you care? Just let him go. He sounds like a giant dbag anyway. Honestly the back and forth between you and his 'ex'. Seems like a game, or indecisiveness at best, and you are just his option.

I'd have blocked him anyway. No sweat off your back. If he contacts you again, I'd just block his ass.

• Like 2

Why does it matter why he blocked you and why waste your energy thinking about it? It's irrelevant. You're rid of him that's the important part. You've blocked him now so you don't hear from him again haven't you ?

• Like 1

Wow, what a creep! He's a player - he's got more than one woman on the go and is used to doing this. He tells one they've split up, then when he's had a bit of fun, he gets back with his girlfriend - instant reason for not pursuing anything serious with second woman.

Sorry you met this guy. You did the right thing by seeing through him. He knows he's been sussed and there he was thinking he could manipulate you as and when. Now he knows you are wise, he's angry that any relationship is no longer under his control. It upsets him to see the girl who dumped and ignored him. I know it does not seem from your point of view that you were the dumper, but ultimately you were because you stopped his little game.

Well done!!! But, please don't assume that his upset means he feels anything for you. His ego is bruised, that is all. If you let him into your life again, he'll do the same thing and leave you crying and hurt. Don't give him that chance if he appears out of the woodwork at some point.

Edited by spiderowl

He blocked you because he chose to. Most of the time in dating, things DON'T work out. We do 99% of the work for that 1% person we end up clicking with. Back in the olden days, when someone blocked us (in those days it meant not calling again or ignoring us), we tilted our head, maybe had a bowl of ice cream and listened to REO speedwagon, and went on with life.

It didn't work. Move onto the next.

• Like 1
Hi all. Sorry if the amount of information in this post is uneccessary; thought the story behind this might make the situation easier to judge. So here it is...

Met someone a few months back. He came back to mine and he stayed over. We didn't have sex but we both wanted to. He leaves then sends a message saying he's getting back with his ex (I thought that was bull and that he probably wasn't single), and can we keep that night between us. I just said ok and was polite.

I then get a message a month later saying he didn't get back with her and that he couldn't stop thinking about me (I assumed he meant he couldn't stop thinking about the sex we didn't have that night and wanted that). I did too, so we met up again, and this time we did sleep together. We also got on really well, and he asked if I'd like to go out on a date with him sometime soon, and I said yes. However, that didn't happen and he just asked if I would like to watch a film at mine again. We had fun the last time, so I said yes.

After that night, I got a message a few days later saying that he was getting back with her now. It kind of annoyed me, as I felt like either he knew that all along, or that he was still with her when he was meeting up with me. Also, I don't like being messed around (which I'm sure is the same for most people). So I didn't reply to the message. He messages me again the next day, and I ignored that one too. He then messaged again the next day, and I just sent a polite reply which basically said 'ok'. But then he replies saying that she isn't getting back in touch with him and asked if I'd like to meet up again! (Second best or what :p ). I obviously said no, but I said it in a nice way. Anyway, just after that, he blocked me.

I don't really care as I don't know hom that well. But this isn't the first time I've been blocked by someone I've said no to, so I guess I'm just curious as to why someone would block you once you say no? I obviously wasn't going to message them as I was the one who said no. just don't get it. So yeah, any ideas would be great, thanks :)

Why wouldn't they block you and why do you care? You told him no, thinking that that would scare him and he would then start pushing harder?

"I obviously said no, but I said it in a nice way." -- You said it in a nice way so as not to burn that bridge and see if he would do that. And, why would you have gone through what you went through with him more than once? This guy was using you as an "option".

You are saying so many things that imply you understand what this guy is about, yet you are worrying about him blocking you. If you said no and mean't it, you would have blocked HIM.

ExpatInItaly

Because he's a tool who likes to play games and always wants the upper-hand.

Be thankful he blocked you. He's clearly not that single anyway.

How do you even know you were blocked unless you stalked him? Not sure why such a great specimen of humanity would be worthy of a stalker.