How to go on a real date

Her Bridges

Her Bridges

Hi guys and gals,

I've been out of the dating scene a while... since I was 19 to be exact. I've a while before I start looking but would love some tips and general advice on dating - the do's and dont's, the green lights and the red flags, etiquette, that sort of thing. :)

I'm a college-educated young professional who was brought up to be respectful before all else. So while I'm not going to be out husband-hunting I won't be looking for any hookups either. I just want to make sure both he and I would have a good time and I wouldn't make a complete fool of my haven't-gone-on-a-first-date-since-freshman-year-of-college self.

Any advice, experiences, or personal views are appreciated.

Patience is key . . .

Dating as an adult is different then dating in College. It's a lot more work.

Gender roles are more fluid. For me personally I think the person who does the initial ask for the date should pay but as a woman I was always fully prepared to pick up the whole check. Search LS there are dozens if not hundreds of threads about the finances

If the first date arises from an OLD interchange or some App, safety & costs are factors. Don't be shocked that the 1st invite you get is for coffee or some other low cost activity because few people want to commit to something more extensive until you know if you click.

You can make yourself nuts given all the ways there are to communicate & the fact that you can see the other person's social media & when they are OL & track how fast they get back to you etc. Try not to do that to yourself.

• Like 1