Tinder Matched old friend

LoveRefreshed

LoveRefreshed

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call her an old friend. We were both in a martial arts club together where I was dubbed KungFu Panda because I'm a big man who was pretty damn good at it, and I think surprising to most people there. I'm about 250 but could kick above my head no problem.

Anyway, there was a super cute girl in one of the classes over a summer and we met once a week as a group for some beers and pizza. There was one night we played darts and she took a pic with me and flirted some but that was it. It was innocent because I had a gf and I didn't try anything, but it was a friendly flirting situation for sure.

After that summer was over, I only saw her once while out with another girl friend of mine who knew I had a girlfriend (I am trying to be clear, this other friend was JUST a friend) and we saw her. She came up gave me a huge hug, short convo that was it. My friend asked me what it was all about, I think she might have been flirting, but I don't know.

Anyway, fast forward two years later and I am using the Tinder App. Just came home from a year abroad where she had spent time, to this girl's home city and saw her on tinder. Which was strange because I thought she had a bf (later I found out she broke up with him since we are still facebook friends). Anyway, I swiped and matched her which was a surprise because she is certainly much more attractive than myself.

She since me a message first asking me how I enjoyed my time abroad and what I was doing since I was back. I left a short reply and then asked her how she was doing on the app. No response for a week, so I said eff it, we know each other already, so I just dropped her a facebook message and asked her if she wants to get a beer (after checking to ensure she was single now and finding it out that she was) and she never responded.

What do you think I did wrong? Do you think she only matched me because she knew me and wanted to say hi. I don't have her phone number so I couldn't call her for a date, but maybe I should have just asked for her number.

Edited by LoveRefreshed
VengeanceGuidesMe

Sorry bro. Most women love to have egos stroked, especially if she has recently been dumped. She probably matched you to see if you ever were attracted to her, but has no interest in dating or anything more.

**** the tinder match, feel good that she thought you were worthy of boosting her ego I guess, but in the end, pay attention to the actions (or lack of). Move on.

If it were me, if I ever saw her in public, I'd blow her off. If she says anything, just ignore her. If she follows up on facebook, you may be able get with her if you play your cards right.

• Author
LoveRefreshed

Yeah, I guess you probably right... especially since she did recently break up I guess (within this year, from a 1.5 year or so relationship)... but still why match me on tinder at all? That's like saying "I think you're attractive".. but then why do nothing with it? Bah, whatever.

I haven't said anything sine and if I do see her in public, I thought about just saying hi and walking on, but I like this idea more. Just ignore her.