Best way to ask out a state trooper?

VedderisBetter

VedderisBetter

I work in police records in my city and there is a pretty state trooper who comes in almost weekly to have their tickets verified. One co-worker always jokes with me that she is going to grab paratroopers attention and hook us up sometime lol. One time I answered the door for this trooper and she put on a big smile. Last time she was there a co-worker of mine was checking her tickets, I saw this trooper waiting but turned towards me and I noticed her staring at me from the corner of my eye. Is there a non-awkward way to ask this girl out? I work in a room that has six other co-workers in there so it could be awkward. I guess if my courage was high I could say, "How does a woman like you not have a ring on her finger?" That might give her the impression that I want to marry her lol which might come off wrong lol. I am 29 and I am guessing she is 35-38. Suggestions?

Edited by VedderisBetter

I'm going to be honest.

When I was wearing a badge, there was no way I'd entertain anything with a young guy who worked in records.

She was probably staring at you wondering why you weren't available to help her.

tumblingdice

Do not make a comment like that to her in front of a group, especially if the majority of you are men. If there's a way to small talk her, do that for a while. If she's coming in that often, you can build a little more rapport with her that way first.

• Like 2

She'd be pretty damn stupid to date anyone in the chain of custody of any record. Besides the fact that he's "beneath" her, for lack of a better phrase.

I mean OP thought a coworker liked him just because she got her hair done. That's not the type of guy a female cop goes for, IME.

• Author
VedderisBetter

The fact that you remember that is kinda pathetic. What do you do with your free time other than insult people virtually?!

tumblingdice
Ask her if she'd give you a speeding ticket if your heart was going too fast?

I still wouldn't suggest hitting on her in front of people, but this is cute.

The fact that you remember that is kinda pathetic. What do you do with your free time other than insult people virtually?!

I didn't remember. I took a peek at the list of your posted threads, and saw it.

If you work for a police department, you should know how it's NOT OKAY to date within the chain of custody or COC.

Just trying to help you avoid embarrassment. #shrug

I'm going to be honest.

When I was wearing a badge, there was no way I'd entertain anything with a young guy who worked in records.

She was probably staring at you wondering why you weren't available to help her.

How bout one of the guys you arrested, you ever get any ideas while you had them in cuffs?

The fact that you remember that is kinda pathetic. !

No it's not, it's actually quite impressive that his memory is so strong that he remembered that.

I have a great memory too, but even I forgot that one.

In any event Vedderis, don't do anything yet. Maybe you could find out some things, does she have a boyfriend?

If not, try and find her when she's alone and strike up a convo. Make it seem spontaneous, and then gauge her reactions to you. Good eye contact. Is she smiling while talking to you, stuff like that.

Girls give out certain signals when they like a guy. You will know when you see them.

If you're getting signals, then ask her out.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I still wouldn't suggest hitting on her in front of people, but this is cute.

I'd be surprised if the OP would be able to say it in the first place!

How bout one of the guys you arrested, you ever get any ideas while you had them in cuffs?

Can't say I ever did.

Roseville, I think you should slap the s*** out of jay1983. Do it! Do it!

• Like 4
Roseville, I think you should slap the **** out of jay1983. Do it! Do it!

Okay, those thoughts I did have... especially in DUI and DV cases.

• Like 3
Okay, those thoughts I did have... especially in DUI and DV cases.

So you're into bondage?

The reason we date is to get the person around us long enough so that they might fall in love with us. Since she comes in every week, guess what - there is no need to date........ she could develop a crush without you even taking her to dinner once :laugh:

I'd wait a few months - maybe she will ask you out first.... you can't loose that way, and you avoid rejection. Date others until then if ya get bored.

I guess if she does not make a move after a few months, you could go for broke and ask for her number.

However, be aware, people in power positions stand a higher chance of being control freaks. Plus, she has a gun.... she could turn you from a rooster to a hen with one shot :eek:

• Like 1
I always found policewomen to be the hardest nuts to crack. Lots of wallage up generally.

They're like any women. If you can make a woman laugh, you're in.

HereNorThere

Don't swim in the company pool, no matter how good the water looks. It's tempting at first, but how many of your relationships have ended 100% okay? Trust me, it's horrible when it doesn't work out and you're forced to still be around them. Take it from someone who is been there. :)

They're like any women. If you can make a woman laugh, you're in.

lol, definitely not like any women IME. Have you ever tried with one? Takes a lot of effort to open them up.

OP I wouldn't entertain the idea of dating this female cop.....she will probably have too much masculine energy,..... combine that with Roseville's attitude towards record clerks being beneath her.....

autumnnight
she could turn you from a rooster to a hen with one shot

I loved that movie.

I agree that dating someone you work with in the who law enforcement world is a bad idea.