I like this girl and I don't know

RD Alpha

Hey! I needed some feedback regarding something I've been dealing for a while. Let me start by telling you my story.

I'm 23 years old and I've never kissed a girl. I have confidence and self steem issues that have haunted me for a while now. I experienced rejection from crushes, friends, and in a few ocassions from my family. I'm a short guy, average looking, with a kind of a slim build. I want to tell you about the crush I have on this girl. She is the sister of acquaintance/friend of mine, but I don't know her, and therefore I have never talked to her. I started to become interested in her about 3 years ago, and I have told many people to help me meet her. I live in a small latinamerican country, where most of my friends and the people I know belong to the "high class" society, so most of the times people know each other. Most of my friends know her and I don't. Around this time last year I gave up on the idea of this girl and started pursuing another one. This other girl rejected me and it hurt like hell. So am back to where I was before. Im shy and kind of awkward. She is beautiful and really popular (this doesn't intimadate me). We basically know most of the same people and we have never interacted. I have told many people about my crush on her, and I'm really afraid she might think I'm some kind of obssesed stalker. I'm just really interested in her. She's the typical good church girl, and I love that. She's really hard to get though. She's really religious so her view about relationships is kind of strict. People have told me she's the kind of girl with a "plan". What movies and real life have thought me is that these kinds of plan backfire at you because you cannot control everything in your surroundings. And I don't have a plan, I have a dream. Someone told me she was dating this guy whom I've heard is not really good news. But the credibility of this person is something you have to consider. She has been the only person that has told me that, and my friends have told me that she's kind of a liar, so I don't believe her.

I don't know what to do. She's only back home on summer vacation and winter break. My friends have told me to get "experience" with other girls so that I can escalate to her "level". This is not a corporate ladder or a sport. I know I'm inexperienced, but I'm not looking for experience, I'm looking for love. Anyways, It's been 3 years and I haven't been able to meet her. My insecurities have played a big part, but there's must be a way to know this girl without being awkward or creepy.

Google "Oneitis". That is what you have.

You ARE obsessed with this girl and it will not come across well. You should date 5 other girls before you even think about this girl again. I am sure you will move on from your obsession.

You just don't have options and have become focussed on this one girl. That is not a good thing. You have put her on this pedestal and even if you do DATE her you will be disappointed.

Trust me.... I am telling you this because I was like you 10+ years ago. I dated one of those "amazing girls" I had a crush on two different occasions and they both didn't live up to the "hype" I built up in my head. I wasted SO much time thinking about those girls to where I could have been dating various girls.

It isn't worth it. If you need to ask her out to move on, then do it. But, move on at some point.