What would you do?

MartinD45

Ok first time poster here.

I met this girl who works for the same company but we work at two different offices that are cities apart (about a 40 min drive). We have met twice during two business meetings and seemed to have a ton in common (same age, similar hobbies, same interest in music, etc.). I like this girl a lot. 2 weeks ago I asked her out on a date for sushi dinner and then a bar with good live music and we had a really good time. We ended the night both saying we wanted to do this again the following weekend.

So in the middle of the week we are texting back and forth and I finally ask her out on a 2nd date and then she completely ignores me. I wait a day and then message her again about a concert coming up and still no response. I figured she just wasn't interested and I didn't feel like waisting my time anymore so I didn't bother to say anything else. I was disappointed about being ignored though. A simple No would have been better. A week and a half goes by and then she sends me a text saying "Hope you are having a great day!" This took me by surprise. We started chatting again and then agreed to go out this Friday to meet at a bar playing some good music. A few hours later she text me back saying "would you like to meet some of my friends because they are going to". I said sure.

I have two main thoughts now:

1. The girl is not interested in me but would like to introduce me to one of her single friends

2. Girl is interested in me but wants her friends approval.

Some background information on this girl: She is recently divorced but no kids. The divorce is very recent as in the final papers haven't even been signed yet. Apperntly her ex husband is also crazy.

What do yall think of this? What chance do I have with this girl?

I'm sorry Martin. It's just if a woman is interested she's not going to wait a week and a half to respond to a text. It seems she is treating you as an option and not someone she's afraid will walk away.

RebelWithoutACause
We started chatting again

Why would you start chatting again after being blatantly ignored twice? You're showing her you don't respect yourself and therefore she doesn't need to treat you with respect either.

A few hours later she text me back saying "would you like to meet some of my friends because they are going to". I said sure.

You've just agreed to be friend-zoned. Unless she's 12, when a girl likes likes a guy, she doesn't bring her bffs to the date.

The divorce is very recent as in the final papers haven't even been signed yet. Apperntly her ex husband is also crazy.

A semi-divorcee with a crazy ex...think about it, dude. Think. About. It.

What do yall think of this? What chance do I have with this girl?

The biggest "chance" you have is for some emotional and quite possibly physical damage. This not a good situation anyway you look at it.

• Author
I'm sorry Martin. It's just if a woman is interested she's not going to wait a week and a half to respond to a text. It seems she is treating you as an option and not someone she's afraid will walk away.

Very true.

Fleur de cactus

It does not sound good. She messaged you with "hope you are having a great day!" Just like that? not even a sorry!! for ignoring you!. She is not serious, at least with you.

• Author

So seems pretty much like a no win situation for me. I think I may just back out on our 2nd "date". I really want to ask her why she ignored me for a week before responding just to see what she says. Not like I have anything to lose right?

Then again what if I go out with her and her friends and hit it off with one of her friends?

If you have nothing else going on why not go on the 2nd date (or whatever may be). However, you should most likely be clear on your intentions before a 3rd.

Also everybody's ex is crazy. I bet your ex's tell their new dates your crazy.

• Author
If you have nothing else going on why not go on the 2nd date (or whatever may be). However, you should most likely be clear on your intentions before a 3rd.

Also everybody's ex is crazy. I bet your ex's tell their new dates your crazy.

I have nothing else planned so might as well. They have a really good band playing anyways.

I wouldn't have responded to the text a week and a half later, but now that you agreed to meet her and her friends, I would probably go but not consider it a date...consider it a night out with some new people and possible new friends. Flirt with her friends if you want.

So seems pretty much like a no win situation for me. I think I may just back out on our 2nd "date". I really want to ask her why she ignored me for a week before responding just to see what she says. Not like I have anything to lose right?

I wouldn't do that unless you want to have no chance with her at all. Besides, what's the point?

Then again what if I go out with her and her friends and hit it off with one of her friends?

It's always a possibility. Sounds like she's not ready for a relationship the way she's responding to you. Friendzoned is more likely. Beware of the crazy ex. He could be in the background.

• Author
Is it possible she didn't get the text? Since she didn't mention it at all one way or the other.

I guess it's a possibility but highly unlikely. I'm just going to go and give 0 ****s.

• Like 1

You have nothing to lose by just going on this 2nd "date" with her friends there. If you like her even a little then why not check it out and see what happens. While there you can bring up her not responding to your concert invite. Casually or jokingly tho. Don't make it sound like you're scolding her for not answering. She may have a legitimate excuse, she may have read it and had something come up at home or work and then completely forgot To get back to you and that's why she texted you. Who knows.

Just go. If anything you can get a better idea of her mindset and feelings for you or lack there of. Beats blowing her off and wondering "what if". Don't hold grudges or get aggravated at someone after 1 date. She's not your gf. You barely know each other on a truly personal level so it's unfair to her to cut her off just because she didn't reply to 2 texts you sent.