ex contacts again....Feel soooo much guilt!:(

walkingonair

walkingonair

I broke up with my ex cause he was a serious commitmentphobic ,never really truly commit to me and then told me he wants to move out of the blue.Move for no real reason,just to move cause he likes to run away from things.He has done things like this in the past where he just moves from state to state for no real reason.So he texted me last night and said That i just want to say you're an amazing person and he's glad he met me and got to spend time with me and wants to meet up so i can pick up some stuff of mine i left at his place and a drawing that he got of me for Christmas that i left at his place before he moves this weekend.

I texted back and said you can throw it away and he just said ok.Then i asked if he's leaving on saturday and he said he is ,in the morning.Then he said that he wants to hangout with me for a little bit on wed.I still haven't responded to his text from yesterday.I'm so hurt but at the same time feel guilt for not responding.I have feelings for him and it would be tough for me to see him if he's moving on Saturday.I'll just get more hurt.

It's best I don't respond and don't see him,right guys?He could of asked to see me these past two weekends but didn't even as to see me then.

Edited by walkingonair

I am guessing most people here would advise against seeing him...

I think it's inconsiderate of him to just want to move "out of the blue". Didn't your relationship mean something? He is self-centered. He didn't seem to care if it would hurt you (which it did and does).

It sounds like a farewell meeting. If you feel that you will get some closure and want to end it on a nice note, maybe you should go, but don't expect him to be nostalgic. Maybe it was good while it lasted and it is time for him to move on. You both say farewell and part company, probably for good. That may lessen your guilt of not meeting him one last time.

• Like 1
  • Author
walkingonair
I am guessing most people here would advise against seeing him...

I think it's inconsiderate of him to just want to move "out of the blue". Didn't your relationship mean something? He is self-centered. He didn't seem to care if it would hurt you (which it did and does).

It sounds like a farewell meeting. If you feel that you will get some closure and want to end it on a nice note, maybe you should go, but don't expect him to be nostalgic. Maybe it was good while it lasted and it is time for him to move on. You both say farewell and part company, probably for good. That may lessen your guilt of not meeting him one last time.

Yes it's very inconsiderate.It's like everything we had ment nothing.It hurts soo much.When he told me about his move he was like "sorry i didn't tell you earlier i didn't know how to bring it up".So he knew it would hurt me.If he truly cared,he wouldn't move!So this move just shows that he doesnt care about me AT ALL.

I feel like seeing him and even getting the closure would just hurt me muchhhhhhh more.I'd rather go NC and start moving on.We part and he moves and has fun and dates and i just go home and cry and get super depressed:(

• Like 1

This invitation isn't for you, it's for him, to ease his guilt. If you feel like easing his guilt by saying, Oh, it's okay you ripping my heart out, then definitely go to the meeting. But you have no reason to feel guilty.

• Like 1
  • Author
walkingonair
This invitation isn't for you, it's for him, to ease his guilt. If you feel like easing his guilt by saying, Oh, it's okay you ripping my heart out, then definitely go to the meeting. But you have no reason to feel guilty.

Yes!I agree.I think it is about him!He knows how much hell he put me through and i know he feels a guilt.I don't want to ease his guilt....

I agree the OP has no reason to feel guilty. The problem lies with him squarely.

If you feel you will be even more depressed getting closure and going, then maybe it's best to ignore him from now on. It will hurt a lot for awhile one way or the other, so hang in there.

• Like 1
  • Author
walkingonair
I agree the OP has no reason to feel guilty. The problem lies with him squarely.

If you feel you will be even more depressed getting closure and going, then maybe it's best to ignore him from now on. It will hurt a lot for awhile one way or the other, so hang in there.

Yea:( Thanks for the advice guys,idk what I would do without you!!!!