I caved...and got no response

I am just completely blown away by this guy. 2 years, 2 whole years...and just as I said summer hits, and the relationship goes out the window. I just don't get it..."I'm amazing, he's never met anybody like me" blah blah blah...I cared for his son, I loved his son, I loved him...and b/c I apparently made mention about looking to buy a home close to where I live, he had second thoughts about us, and our future...Such friggen BS...why not just say, " I'm just not that into you anymore, b/c I have met someone else" Someone that probably stroked his effing ego...Oh, I am so mad right now. I want a damn explanation. We just had a talk in May, about commitment, and how he knows we have some obstacles (our living arrangements, but he knows that we are heading in the right directions together" Are you effing kidding me? This was just two stinking months ago, and now he comes up with some BS excuse that I was looking into my future and not considering him...unbelievable. What a waste of two years of my life and my children's lives. I am disgusted beyond belief.

How far apart do you guys live? And how far is your intended new house away from his place? I don't have enough context.

Sounds like you could use a hug ...

/hugz

What a fool he is, you really care about this guy ... I'm very sorry. I hope you're gonna be okay.

ExpatInItaly
I am just completely blown away by this guy. 2 years, 2 whole years...and just as I said summer hits, and the relationship goes out the window. I just don't get it..."I'm amazing, he's never met anybody like me" blah blah blah...I cared for his son, I loved his son, I loved him...and b/c I apparently made mention about looking to buy a home close to where I live, he had second thoughts about us, and our future...Such friggen BS...why not just say, " I'm just not that into you anymore, b/c I have met someone else" Someone that probably stroked his effing ego...Oh, I am so mad right now. I want a damn explanation. We just had a talk in May, about commitment, and how he knows we have some obstacles (our living arrangements, but he knows that we are heading in the right directions together" Are you effing kidding me? This was just two stinking months ago, and now he comes up with some BS excuse that I was looking into my future and not considering him...unbelievable. What a waste of two years of my life and my children's lives. I am disgusted beyond belief.

Hey OP, I am sorry you're hurting so much.

But I admit I am a little confused about the title of your thread and the bolded content. If you contacted him and got no response, when did he tell you he was having second thoughts and that he had met someone else? Did you know these things before he dropped off the radar?

Apaige, hang in there. There will never be an answer from him that will be satisfactory to you unless he tells you he's changed his mind, he was stupid for letting you go, etc. And, that's very unlikely.

Try to stick to no contact because each time you reach out and get no response or get a hurtful response, you're setting yourself back in terms of healing and moving on.

Focus on you and your kids now. Enjoy your life. You weren't really getting all you needed from this relationship and probably missing out on the now in terms of being happy. Remember, a woman needs to be able to be happy with and make herself happy. A man in her life should only enhance the happiness she already has, not bring it "all" to her. You don't need him, remember that :)

So, were you guys planning on getting married?

I hate to say it, but when a partner says, "I want to buy a house in XX city," and the other partner had plans of eventually getting a house together, it's a bit hurtful. If you two were planning on a future together, that's something you put off thinking about until you two can discuss it together. He may have realized at that point that he was more emotionally invested in "us" than you were, even if that's not true.

I don't know the situation with your BF from other threads, so this is just my take on this one thread alone.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. :(