awkwardness and freezing up

newmoon

so, i went on two successful dates last week (monday and saturday) with a casual friend i've known for almost two years. then today we happen to bump into each other at a local coffee shop. i was leaving, he was coming in, and i couldn't get two words out and stood there in complete awkward silence while he made a lame joke about the weather. i didn't even say hello to him, just silence. wtf??!! what causes such abnormal behavior/freezing/awkwardness once you go on a date? we've talked for hours before and now i can't even say hello to him. i feel like a total goober today. and there wasn't even any intimate stuff at all on the dates to be awkward about.

dragonfire13

Aww don't beat yourself up about it - we all have our awkward/goofy moments...well I have them all the time lol.

It was probably just that you were caught off guard. Plus, if you like him you've probably built him up in your head and then seeing him in reality it's like... cr@p!

When Im being really nervous/awkward around a guy, I just pretend they're one of my mates just to get the convo going.