Where do you go to meet people?

Where do you normally find people you go on dates with? (Bars, clubs, school, work etc.)

All of the places you mentioned plus

Meet Up events

business things -- continuing education classes, networking functions, chamber of commerce events etc

parties

adult education classes that you take for fun

charitable events

co-ed sports groups / teams

singles events especially niche groups that focus on an interest of mine (I did one called leashes & lovers so I could bring my dog. I was trying to find time to do one where they paired you with somebody to play golf. I went to a wine dinner)

membership in civic & charitable groups

introductions from friends

Okay, one time I was deer hunting with my step uncle many years ago. I asked, "so how do you find the deer?" He laughed and said, "you go do deer s*** and that's where the deer are", and grabbed a bunch of grass and started chewing on it to make his point.

So, the best way to answer your question is to ask yourself what sort of woman are you interested in. What does she like to do? The go to where people that do that do it.

I'll give you an example from my single days using d0nnovian's suggestions. I am attracted to adventuresome, intelligent women who are physically active. For me that translated to:

1. Meet Up Events: I like to run in a running club called the Hash House Harriers. They have chapters all over the world. Think of it as a drinking club with a running problem and it attracts not only physically active but also adventuresome people. Groups like this are a terrific way to meet other singles.

2. Adult Education Classes: Intelligent women are expansive - always looking for ways to grow. There are tons of adult education classes to be had. Some of the classes I've taken that were chock full of terrific intelligent women were things like an art history class, The Landmark Forum, yoga, meditation you name it. You'd be surprised at the number of low cost or even free classes that are offered in your area. Also - you should know that I have absolutely zero previous experience in many of the classes I take. That's why I'm taking them!

So there you go. What does the woman of your dreams like to do? Go do it!

EDIT: that being said, I do have to say that OLD worked great for me and that's where I met my GF. So go figure!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Sven Beckerman

In the last couple of years, I've been meeting people wherever I happen to be. I've seen the benefits of not being closed minded to walking up to strangers... and it's lead to a lot of successful relationships being developed for me, especially with women.

Meet up and a number of other options mentioned are great I think.

But if you want to truly be able to be at ease with the fact that you can meet people anywhere and everywhere, I don't think getting used to going up to strangers is a bad skills to master.

I find going up to a girl I'm attracted to tends to be especially flattering for her (no matter the terrifying thoughts that go through your head prior to going up to her); almost 99% of the time, it ends well. And at the very least I get a friendship (very very least) from going up and telling a girl I think she looked cute etc etc.

I have learn a valuable lesson a week ago. I was in a park with my dog when a man approached me. We chit chatted for a while and exchanged phone numbers.

Before I leave he told me he had noticed me coming to that park almost a year ago but when I sit there I always look at my phone that's why he didn't talk to me before.

Where ever you go, keep your phone in your pocket :-)

40 Fonzarelli

I've had the same question lately. The few single buddies I have are still in "clubbing mode." I'm too old for that. I've done meet up events but it seems most of them are in their 40's and 50's. Where do people in their 30's meet? I'm thinking of just doing some daytime cold approaches on the streets or the grocery store. But then I feel it's so forced and feel like a pick-up guy.

I have learn a valuable lesson a week ago. I was in a park with my dog when a man approached me. We chit chatted for a while and exchanged phone numbers.

Before I leave he told me he had noticed me coming to that park almost a year ago but when I sit there I always look at my phone that's why he didn't talk to me before.

Where ever you go, keep your phone in your pocket :-)

Yeah I have a bad habit of being on my phone if I'm out alone. But I'm a guy, so it's probably not stopping anyone approaching :)

But yeah, a couple of times on a tram or in a coffee shop I've notice a girl and thought about approaching but as she is on her phone I've not. Funnily, if she is reading a book I don't mind approaching - it actually gives me an excuse to ask her about it.