Overthinking

theoverthinker

theoverthinker

I've been with my boyfriend for not very long, we didn't start of great during the 'dating' stage, but in the end we have ended up together. First things first, I do like him his a great guy and my best friend but he just confuses me so much. He tells me often how happy he is and how much he likes me but yet he doesn't think about the future. I'm moving house in a couple of months about an hour away and I feel like as soon as the moving date comes he is going to end it. He doesn't talk about plans for the future and he talks as if we will break up by then. I know i should have alarms going off in my head but those alarms are shut down by the amount of love and happiness he shows towards me. For example I mentioned my new room being on the third floor and his reply was 'its a shame I'm never going to see your new room'. Should I just end it now to prevent the heart ache that I could feel or am I just thinking too much and should stop and just enjoy the time we are spending together now?

:(:confused:

What do you want to do?

He has been clear that it's over once you move so it's your choice to either enjoy it while it lasts or end it now.

If he's a young man < 25 of course he doesn't think about the future. I don;t know too many men of any age who plan the way women do. My DH can't plan more than about a week in advance. Me, I have contingencies going out into the future.

Live in the now. Don't worry so much about your move. Maybe he will surprise you. Maybe you will have a gorgeous guy in your new neighborhood.

ExpatInItaly
I've been with my boyfriend for not very long, we didn't start of great during the 'dating' stage, but in the end we have ended up together. First things first, I do like him his a great guy and my best friend but he just confuses me so much. He tells me often how happy he is and how much he likes me but yet he doesn't think about the future. I'm moving house in a couple of months about an hour away and I feel like as soon as the moving date comes he is going to end it. He doesn't talk about plans for the future and he talks as if we will break up by then. I know i should have alarms going off in my head but those alarms are shut down by the amount of love and happiness he shows towards me. For example I mentioned my new room being on the third floor and his reply was 'its a shame I'm never going to see your new room'. Should I just end it now to prevent the heart ache that I could feel or am I just thinking too much and should stop and just enjoy the time we are spending together now?

:(:confused:

Why not just ask him if he sees this continuing after you move?

• Like 1