Too few gfs??

So I'm 24 years old. I've been dating since the 8th grade so like 9 years. I've had 11 total gfs. Is this too few, too many? Longest relationship I've had has been 10 months. Just wondering what people think. I know it doesn't matter but I'm just curious

Sounds pretty normal, I've only had 1 lol. I was a late bloomer though.

10 months is pretty short for your longest out of 11 girls though.

I think that's normal esp at your age and for the length of time they have lasted you're figuring out what you want I haven't met many guys in early 20's that have had +years with one person while it seems girls settle and have longer relationships sooner, just my observation.

Ha, I'm 24 and I've had about 2/3 of a girlfriend (was just about a gf when she decided to break it off; not that she was missing a a third of her body or something).

• Author

Also wondering just cuz it's been a couple months since my last one and that was only 1 date. Last gf that I dated for a little while was October.

Numbers and experience don't correlate. You could have date and relationship'd 68 woman and still be a desperate dude at 50 that once the girl gets to know you, she runs for the woods. Or you could be a guy who's only ever dated 1 girl and marries and is happy ever after from 28. It's all in how you learn to be social and interact with other people; not just in the dating scene and what you're doing with your life.

Seems like a lot to me given that you're still only 24. I'm 27, I've had three relationships, one would barely count as a relationship and my longest was three years. I only loved one of those girls.

• Like 1

Sounds like a lot to me too, but then again, you mentioned one that only lasted one date. Are you including all the girls you've been with getting to know them or are you talking about those who actually got to become a girlfriend? I've dated a lot of guys and before my current relationship, the one that last the most went on for 2 months. Then again, I've only had two boyfriends; the current one and the guy before him.

So I'm 24 years old. I've been dating since the 8th grade so like 9 years. I've had 11 total gfs. Is this too few, too many? Longest relationship I've had has been 10 months. Just wondering what people think. I know it doesn't matter but I'm just curious

So when you say 11 gfs, how long did you go out with them?

Were you intimate with them all?

First don't discuss #s -- ever. It only causes trouble.

Second, imo, not much that happens before you are 18-20 counts. To me whoever you "went out with" in the 9th grade was silly kid stuff and has very little bearing on the adult you.

Since you asked, starting to date that young seems more questionable then the # of people you dated. I'd be much more interested in your history post high school.

You also have to define dated: to me that is somebody you had a committed, exclusive relationship with for an extended period of time. I would not count anybody you went on 3-4 or less dates with. So your # of relationships is again lower.

But I stand by my original proposition, your adult dating life is all that matters.

ApexTitanium

Ive had one since I was 18. Im 24 now and that one was 5.5 years long, also engaged. Its also the reason im here.

Had a few flings between that time, like 4. Nothing I would count as "gfs" though.

rocketman122

if you said I had 2-4 and each was 2 years or so then imo it would look better in the womans eyes. that you are able to hold long relationships. that says a lot. the quantity matters not

Well that is averaging 1 a year over a decade, which in a positive light means that you at least don't give up and keep going. That's not such a bad quality. On the other hand, it demonstrates that you don't grieve the loss of any one girl very long, so I would just wonder how invested you really are in relationships if you can move on that quickly. I might be a bit cautious knowing this.

For instance, the last guy I met up with a few times told me about several of his exes and one that he got over in 3 weeks, which I thought was quite the red flag. Never in my life have I ever gotten over someone in as little of 3 weeks, and his jumping from one girl to another indicated to me that he might have difficulty coping with emotions on his own or something.

Different strokes for different folks.

Maybe another female with a similar dating track record might not think anything of you having 11 gfs in 9 yrs.

What I can say is that is by no means too few gfs.

ExpatInItaly
Also wondering just cuz it's been a couple months since my last one and that was only 1 date. Last gf that I dated for a little while was October.

I think it really depends on how you define "girlfriend." Going on one date with someone does not equal a relationship.

11 sounds like a lot at 24 if those were all relationships.

• Like 2
Lois_Griffin

LOL...why does your count start at the 8th grade? Silly teenage stuff doesn't even count. 12 and 13 year old kids change girlfriends and boyfriends like they change their socks. Jeez.

I had 11 boyfriends in one school year - if you call 3 or 4 days of 'going steady' with each boy an actual 'boyfriend.' That's what freakin' kids DO.

Seriously. Count the ones that matter. The grownup ones.

I agree about the adult stuff counting, so much so that I'd actually feel creepy referring to 8th grade 'relationships.' To me, my sex life started at 18 for all practical purposes.

Also one date does not constitute a relationship or a GF. It's a date.

So Op is 24 and was counting back 10 years or so, so eliminating about half of that due to childhood is let's say 6, then eliminating another half due to the 'one date' factor means a more or less likely total of 3. Not particularly meaningful either way.

Lots of teens have real relationships and sex lives though, starting your count at 18 is just kidding yourselves. I agree that "dating" at school or holding hands in the corridor or whatever doesn't count but if it was long term and you saw each other regularly on weekends, went out etc. that counts. one date doesn't count as a relationship

I'm curious what the shortest one was, and how much time in between girlfriends on average. Also, I'm assuming one girlfriend at a time?

If, on average, you're at 6 months with someone or less, then I'm thinking you're quite unusual not to have attached to someone already. 24 was about the age when I tried to stop having one girlfriend at a time, but I'd already had three GF's > 1 year.

I wouldn't worry about the total as much as I'd start to wonder about the longevity, or lack thereof.

I would be quite positive if I were you, that's fairly good going.

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

what's too few and too many? our culture has become so competitive that we have to be "pre-approved" 100 times over before we settle for the "one" ( I personally don't believe there is a one, but that's something else entirely) some people are looking for qualities that you have that other "girls" didn't see before. I look at rejection as someone being too blind as to see what I have while they were looking else where to try and look for something better. For someone else, I had the exact things that they were looking for and stopped looking when they found me. Someone else's trash is another person's treasure. Stop thinking you need to have this massive amount of " experience or girlfriends" to make you feel like you're quality.

SawtoothMars
I agree about the adult stuff counting, so much so that I'd actually feel creepy referring to 8th grade 'relationships.' To me, my sex life started at 18 for all practical purposes.

Also one date does not constitute a relationship or a GF. It's a date.

Uh... so all the sex you had pre-18 doesn't count?

I suppose the prosecutor must have dropped the charges or commuted your sentence. :laugh:

• Like 1

:confused:

The minor stuff isn't something I consider as adult sexual history, no, and adult sexual history is all that matters once you're an adult.