In relationship - hanging with someone you used to date - bad idea?

To make a long story short, I'm currently in a relationship with a guy who is everything I never thought I would never find.. Really love him and the feeling is mutual.. Never felt like this about anyone in my entire life.. Really think my lucky stars every day for having him in my life.. Feel like I'm on cloud nine..

Previously before me and him started dating, I was "hanging out"/dating another guy.. At the time I really really really liked him a lot, enjoyed his company and was honestly completely smitten.. Though we didn't have official title on it, I knew he liked me we were just it slow and enjoying it as it came.. Things kind of fizzled out for a couple months and we didn't see each other because he had a lot of things going on - in the meantime, my now boyfriend popped into the picture.. We've been back in touch recently.. He knows I have a boyfriend now, but deep down I still have feelings for him and I know he likes me based on things he has said.. We do along great - always have great conversations and it's hard to shut us up when we are around each other.. We made plans recently to meet up for drinks, ( he already told me he'll be on his best behavior) i'm just wondering in all honesty if this is a good idea or not?

Even though I do love my boyfriend and care about him and awful lot, I do you always think about this other guy from time to time .. Think the other guy realize that he missed out by dragging his feet and not committing.. I've never cheated on any one before in my life, but I just don't know if the temptation would overpower me seeing him.. On the other han, it may help me get over him and have a sense of closure and focus on my current relationship..

Any advice/feedback is appreciated!

Thanks

Redhead14
To make a long story short, I'm currently in a relationship with a guy who is everything I never thought I would never find.. Really love him and the feeling is mutual.. Never felt like this about anyone in my entire life.. Really think my lucky stars every day for having him in my life.. Feel like I'm on cloud nine..

Previously before me and him started dating, I was "hanging out"/dating another guy.. At the time I really really really liked him a lot, enjoyed his company and was honestly completely smitten.. Though we didn't have official title on it, I knew he liked me we were just it slow and enjoying it as it came.. Things kind of fizzled out for a couple months and we didn't see each other because he had a lot of things going on - in the meantime, my now boyfriend popped into the picture.. We've been back in touch recently.. He knows I have a boyfriend now, but deep down I still have feelings for him and I know he likes me based on things he has said.. We do along great - always have great conversations and it's hard to shut us up when we are around each other.. We made plans recently to meet up for drinks, ( he already told me he'll be on his best behavior) i'm just wondering in all honesty if this is a good idea or not?

Even though I do love my boyfriend and care about him and awful lot, I do you always think about this other guy from time to time .. Think the other guy realize that he missed out by dragging his feet and not committing.. I've never cheated on any one before in my life, but I just don't know if the temptation would overpower me seeing him.. On the other han, it may help me get over him and have a sense of closure and focus on my current relationship..

Any advice/feedback is appreciated!

Thanks

You need to focus on your current relationship right now before you do anything. You need to figure out why you're even considering this scenario. If you are feeling that something is not right in the current relationship and it's causing you to re-think it, you owe it to your boyfriend to address it with him and see if you can get back on track. If you can't, then you can explore other options.

Think the other guy realize that he missed out by dragging his feet and not committing.. He doesn't want a commitment now. He knows you're in a committed relationship, hopes you'll cheat with him so that he doesn't have to worry about committing to you. He can't because you can't.

Don't do this. You know you have a good thing now, you don't know what you'll have with this guy.

d0nnivain

Bad idea. Your immediate EX is not some same sex friend. You are trying to date two guys at once but want to mislabel one relationship as a friendship when it clearly isn't.

• Like 2

Rather simple, a relationship is not going to work for me if the other person does things behind my back Wouldn't do in the open. Still having feelings and like for someone dated while thinking about going out drinking with the guy...I wouldn't exactly be flattered. I would vanish very quickly from your life.

mammasita

You really have to ask?

TERRIBLE IDEA. You have about a dozen red flags in your post. Come on OP, get it together. If you still have feelings for this guy and want to pursue something that is fair, just be honest with yourself and your boyfriend.

confuzed23

If you really are on cloud 9 and happy with your current boyfriend, why risk it? If he ever found out about it he most certainly would be hurt, if not leave even if nothing happened it is something you did behind his back.

No offense, but your current boyfriend should dump you for even considering this.

If you still have feelings for this other guy, then stop wasting your current boyfriends time.

todreaminblue

him telling you he will be on his best behavior probably means that he wont be......shoudlnt really need to reference that he needs to behave himself unless he was thinking about how he wouldnt be.....dont meet up...i think you know in your heart you shouldnt...go out with your now boyfriend instead..talk up a storm with him ..good luck...deb

• Author

Well to add more to this.. Me and this other guy were always just friends - though we hung out and we liked each other, we never were together.. Just enjoyed each other's company.. Is catching up platonically really that bad of an idea?

I'm going to go against the grain here and say go see him.

You are not married to this current boyfriend. Dating is about finding love and a compatible partner. If your feelings are stronger for your ex then you owe it to yourself to clarify the situation with him. If your ex wants you back then break up right away with current boyfriend. DO not cheat or date your ex in secret. Please be above that.

Honestly if you loved your current boyfriend the way you think you are you would never ever consider meeting with your ex.

You only have one life to live so don't spent it with the wrong man but proceed respectfully toward both men.

If your ex is not wanting to revive a relationship with you than let this be your LAST meeting with him. No friendship, no contact, no nothing.

Well to add more to this.. Me and this other guy were always just friends - though we hung out and we liked each other, we never were together.. Just enjoyed each other's company.. Is catching up platonically really that bad of an idea?

You gave us the impression he was an ex boyfriend !