Does my friend have feelings for me and should I do anything about this?

I've known this guy for a year and we are close friends. Back in July, I had told him I had feelings for him and wanted to date him but he said no and said he didn't have feelings for me. So I moved on, worked on myself, dated other guys. In between July and now, me and this guy have hooked up twice (the last time was a few months ago). But other than that, nothing changed and I haven't said anything to him about my feelings at all.

The last 2 months he's been acting different towards me. I've tried to say this is in my head but it happens very frequently.

1. He told me last week that he misses me and is thinking about me. We hadn't seen each other in 2 weeks (which is normal... we usually see each other every week or every other week) and he called me, said he missed me and was thinking about me (he's never said anything like that to me ever).

2. He opens the car door for me. Never did that before so was taken aback by this. He's always opening doors for me, but never car doors.

3. He volunteered to host my birthday party at his place. He's also taken it upon himself to decorate it, buy a cake for me and keeps asking me what I'd like and what he can do. This isn't his birthday gift to me either! He already bought me tickets to something last week and has hinted at another surprise for me. He is usually bad at gifts, so I'm genuinely surprised at his effort

4. Last night we went to dinner, just me and him, and he offered to pay for me. At first I thought he meant, he'd pay the bill and I'd pay him back but when I handed him the money he said "Oh I just wanted to pay for you." He has NEVER once offered to pay for dinner for me without it being a "you'll pay me back later type thing"

5. Whenever me and him hang out, he's always talking about how amazing we are. Just last night he said that he feels what we have is something the majority of people can't find. He started saying stuff like this the last 2 months.

6. I had a technical issue with something last week. I could easily fix it at work the next morning, but instead, he drove me over to his place after hanging out very late, fixed it for me, and dropped me off at home (he wasn't trying to get laid either, since he immediately suggested he get me home so I can rest). It was Sunday night and we both had work the next day. He also gets very grumpy about losing sleep.

7. Oh he also got me a gift for one year of our friendship, which was unexpected and extremely sweet. He got me something very personal to the exact day we met.

8. He also compliments me more often and says I look really nice or very beautiful.

9. I'm from a different country and he's been making plans to try to visit when I go home to visit, and has been setting his whole schedule aside just so he can meet my sibling when he comes to visit.

He does not treat any of his other friends like this, and he has admitted that to me as well. But I'm not sure what's going on or where this sudden sweetness, kindness and attachment is coming from.

I'm planning to just let this play out since his actions have continued to be very odd and I'm enjoying it anyway. I'm not sure if I should be doing anything during this? I'm just keeping cool and seeing what happens for the moment.

Edited by kumar123