guys standards on women's appearance

FaithInTheDark

FaithInTheDark

hi,

so im curious about a guys outlook in terms of sex and attraction.

my male friend recently went on a blind date with a woman, and he passed up the opportunity to sleep with her because he said she wasn't attractive.

which i found surprising since i thought men would sleep with anyone that had the chance with.

will guys make a move to sleep with a girl even if they're not attractive to them? or do men have standards with sex and a womans appearance?

is it true men will literally sleep with anyone they can?

TunaInTheBrine

No. Like anyone (yes, women included), I think it depends on one's mate value (i.e. can they do a lot better?), standards, personal values/ethics, and how horny one is :)

Contrary to popular belief, a man does not experience a psychotic break from reality when he has an erection.

• Like 8
  • Author
FaithInTheDark
Contrary to popular belief, a man does not experience a psychotic break from reality when he has an erection.

hahahahah:D

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix quote
  • Like 1
Nelsonfloyd5

If I don't find a woman attractive it is extremely unlikely for me to have sex with her.

No attraction, no erection hence no sex.

Clarence_Boddicker
What about Arnold and his maid? She was hideous and he was Mr. Universe at one time.

He popped lots of roids.

Clarence_Boddicker

I don't think most guys will sleep with just anyone. Depends on a few things though & every guy is different.

I have to be attracted to both her mind & body.

Whether he'd sleep with her or not comes down more to general sexual chemistry. Whether he'd admit to his friends that he did is where appearance comes in.

I can guarantee Arnold told nobody about that maid.

• Like 4

An erection can change anything. So who knows? I've had erections all my life over women that I slapped myself over after I masturbated or whatever. It is a temporary thing. Once I had sex with a woman I wasn't attracted to at all just because she was very aggressive (pinned me up against her van in the parking lot at a wedding). She was not attractive to me but for a brief moment she was. Why do you think when a man has an attractive woman and cheats on her that it is often with a woman who is much less attractive? We always say: "How can he cheat on her? "Janice" is much prettier than her." It is because she's different and out of his norm. Give a man an erection and he can lose his standards. Not that I've cheated on my wife, just that when I was single I could and would go out of my comfort zone.

Shining One

Most men have standards and will not sleep with a woman they don't find attractive. However, those standards can get lower if it's been a while. I've slept with women I didn't find particularly attractive after a long dry spell.

• Like 1

Way back I had a FWB and I did not really find her attractive she was OK looking . The only reason I did it was I did not want to be a virgin anymore and I know her from work back in the day.

The other times both where one night stands.

The funny thing is I was not even trying to get laid .I just went to the bar by myself and this chick walk up and straight up asked if I was alone and if so asked me if I wanted to go back to her place. She said I was cute and she was 100% sobar.

I am sure to some sleeping with someone you only known for less than ten minutes and never exchanged names is seen as not having standards but I don't care.

The other one I all most got left in another state three hours away from home. It kind of scary waking up next to a chick you hardly know and at first not knowing where the hell you are. That is what you get when you drink a hundred bucks worth of tequila shots in a night at a bar.

Now I might have higher standards for a one night stand.If I looking for a GF I am going to be picky.

Most men have standards and will not sleep with a woman they don't find attractive. However, those standards can get lower if it's been a while. I've slept with women I didn't find particularly attractive after a long dry spell.

I agree with this. You really cant give an all encompassing answer on this. It depends on the guy and his attitude to casual sex, depends on what other 'available' options are around, depends on how horny he is, depends on how drunk he is, depends on how long since he last got laid, depends on who will know, depends if he thinks the woman might get too attached, etc. I know quite a few guys that will happily drop 3 pts for nsa, but I don't think there would be too many were the gap would be bigger.

It depends. As someone else put it, the hornier a man is the more women start looking like Angelina Jolie. Also, poon has no face.

Edited by hotpotato
  • Like 3
JuneJulySeptember
hi,

my male friend recently went on a blind date with a woman, and he passed up the opportunity to sleep with her because he said she wasn't attractive.

which i found surprising since i thought men would sleep with anyone that had the chance with.

will guys make a move to sleep with a girl even if they're not attractive to them? or do men have standards with sex and a womans appearance?

Most men wouldn't sleep with women they aren't attracted to. However.

Men have, without a doubt, much broader standards of attraction than women do. For example, just about 97% of men would find the average, fit white woman attractive enough to have sex with.

Also, a single body part can attract a man. Breasts, leg, booty, even hair.

I actually also think Arnie's maid isn't bad. I like Latina women and she has big boobs. Just being honest. Maybe better looking white men would not find her attractive, but a LOT of other guys would.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img4/20110519/640/the_mother_of_arnold_schwarzeneggers_secret_child_640_06.jpg

Edited by JuneJulySeptember
  • Like 1

I have standards, and values. While I have nothing against casual sex, I won't use someone for sex - even mutual - if I am not attracted or feel that they expect more than some NSA fun.

casey.lives

Contrary to popular belief, a man does not experience a psychotic break from reality when he has an erection...... ONLY BOYS DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi,

I think there was more of a generational tendency to behave this way in men who are now in their sixties (baby boomers I guess?) I know a few men in that age range who still go around saying "any port in the storm" and things like that and seem proud of it. (Not to mention a bit clueless about the inappropriateness of saying stuff like that publicly to begin with.)

I don't see many 20s - 30s - 40s men today who don't seem to have standards.

(Standards btw being subjective. I'm not suggesting a person's who's unattractive to one person might not be beautiful to another, just using the term in the sense of a person having sex with a person they're not attracted to.)

I was helpless to my standreds. The first girl was attracted to that taught me of such, Winona Ryder. Yes can see wonderfull women everywhere, but nothing changes that simple child like awe of all the types of women on earth...she was the first even noticed before even knew what in a romantic way ment. Friends with pin ups, girls covered in suds on cars...no dice.

I think this is how most men's standred or ideal type starts. They might get distracted or branch out. Just for everyone...there is always that first that floors you pure and carves something into your mind.

SawtoothMars
hi,

Some guys will bugger sheep if the opportunity presents... some won't.

Don't forget guys, you can always turn off the lights. :cool:

I'll admit to sleeping with some less attractive women. Sometimes it's turned out well when she ends up being fun, kinky, and quite skilled. And then there are the girls with an unflattering face but rocking body.

I've also been mislead by flattering photos when initiating online. Only to be seriously upset when arriving in person. At which point I may decide to bang one out after driving 30 minutes across the city. I think this is a major difference between guys and girls. When a guy's mind has already committed it's "hard" to change it. I think a girl who's been tricked online will have little problem walking right out the door.

OP, that the male you're referencing is apparently your platonic friend likely underscores his particular style. Another man, one whom would rarely or never have platonic female friends because, well, he'd like to have sex with them too, would likely have a different perspective and standards.

pleasedtomeetyou

I'm definitely more flexible in terms of who i'm attracted to. Personality is huge for me, rather then looks. Somebody who's personality implies that they love having sex and are open in the bedroom will supersede looks any day of the week for me. So somebody who has a few extra pounds will definitely seem more attractive to me than a model if their personality matches what i'm looking for.

Having said that, their are still some physical things I can't get behind. Obesity and large gums just don't do it for me.

I passed up on 3 opportunities in the past 6 months. Not being attracted physically was the main reason. They weren't ugly at all. In one case she was clearly looking for a relationship with me, which I didn't want. In one case it would have meant that she betrayed her BF which made me uncomfortable.

What about Arnold and his maid? She was hideous and he was Mr. Universe at one time.

Arnold is not good looking. You confuse muscles being the same as good looking. Just as boobs can be big yet still be ugly. The maid is a two bagger. His wife knew how to dress, do make up, and hair to make her look better then she actually was. I would not touch his wife. Not calling her out right ugly she just turned me off.

Any way there are men as me that will not do any woman just to get some.

Then there are men that will do any woman.

Same for women. Some are choosey and others that will do any man.

I think there was more of a generational tendency to behave this way in men who are now in their sixties (baby boomers I guess?) I know a few men in that age range who still go around saying "any port in the storm" and things like that and seem proud of it. (Not to mention a bit clueless about the inappropriateness of saying stuff like that publicly to begin with.)

Many men say that, yet most men say that in jest and do not live that.