To settle or set your standards

Guitarisgood

Guitarisgood

Hard work and now I'm starting to pull that cute type/ girl next door. A year ago I'd be lapping her up like she's a goddess. Thing is I've now changed. Body is getting chiseled, I'm eating really healthy and my life is busy. Hence I'm only half attracted to these chicks. Around here everyone knows everyone so when you shack up with a chick, you're essentially associated with her.

Now my standards as such have rised. I want the type of health conscious, fitness interested chick as opposed to the girls I am attracting. I'll admit, my dating history is not littered with conquests. Heck, I'm in a record long dry spell. Hence I am torn on whether I shack up with the girls I am attracting now or just keep on my way and wait til I meet the type of girl that ticks off my checklist.

Thoughts?

Those girls you're dreaming about do you have what they like? In my dating I see many men wanting to date a barbie but they're no Ken to start with.

I am lucky as the type of men I like, happen to like the type of woman I am. Let's say I don't go shopping outside my league. I think Adam Lavine his hot ! But I doubt he'd have a second look at me lol

• Like 3
DoesntGetIt

One day you'll realize it isn't all about the looks. Yes, hot women are a big turn on, no doubt about it. But if you're looking to have a relationship, someone who has a fantastic personality and is average looking is far better than someone who is gorgeous but shallow and vapid.

However, if you view someone you're with as "settling" then you'll never be happy with them.

• Like 3

Don't jump too high.. or else the fall will hurt much more. Take what you can get, you don't want to end up like me

GoodOnPaper

Feeling like to have to take what you can get is no way to live -- you might as well go for it and see if the fitness girls are everything you hope for.

• Like 1

Standards and preferences are healthy practices.

That said, remember the words of Wilson Mizner, especially poignant where matters of superficial association are concerned:

“Be kind to everyone on the way up; you’ll meet the same people on the way down.

We all make plans and then life happens. Congratulations on your success.

• Like 3
Feeling like to have to take what you can get is no way to live -- you might as well go for it and see if the fitness girls are everything you hope for.

That not always true some guys with no experience have to take what they can get. If they got a hot woman they just be like a dog chasing a car. They would not know what to do if they caught one. LOL

• Like 1
  • Author
Guitarisgood
Those girls you're dreaming about do you have what they like? In my dating I see many men wanting to date a barbie but they're no Ken to start with.

I am lucky as the type of men I like, happen to like the type of woman I am. Let's say I don't go shopping outside my league. I think Adam Lavine his hot ! But I doubt he'd have a second look at me lol

Thanks Gaeta, but that's the thing. A year ago I would have settled. Yet when I did, I couldn't keep up the pretense of being in the relationship with the said girl. I've now reached the point where groups of girls will giggle as I walk past.

Hours at the gym, a healthy lifestyle, heck, even a change in my fashion style to be more 'in'. I don't think I can give that up. I don't think I could be with a girl who simply more sleeps in, enjoys ice cream on the couch watching tele. I want a fitness chick more so that the lifestyle matches.

Yet you are right in that one has to be realistic. Hence I am torn. Currently I have a couple girls literally throwing themselves at me. But as said, they're those type of girls who fear exercise, healthy eating and fitness like the plague.

• Author
Guitarisgood
One day you'll realize it isn't all about the looks. Yes, hot women are a big turn on, no doubt about it. But if you're looking to have a relationship, someone who has a fantastic personality and is average looking is far better than someone who is gorgeous but shallow and vapid.

However, if you view someone you're with as "settling" then you'll never be happy with them.

I don't know, I'm not after a 10, rather a fitness chick, which I think this thread has helped me realise. Thanks but! No, looks don't matter (who am I kidding and if we were all truely honest; they do), but I plan to keep my 6 pack when I'm 60, 70 you name it while I eat a healthy low carb meal! And no I could not be with a chick of different.

• Author
Guitarisgood
Congratulations on obtaining the easiest gained and lost (and ultimately futile) attribute- physical fitness.

Don't jump too high.. or else the fall will hurt much more. Take what you can get, you don't want to end up like me

Cheers guys. But thats the funny thing, is it really the easiest gained and lost? The guys who spend years in a gym, the ones who follow and live a healthy lifestyle?

No I think I gained the hardest and most important attribute. Physical fitness developed my discipline, my understanding of health. I will never go back to looking like a chub.

Ahhh vegeta my friend, you and I are two people of different mindsets. I unfortunately am a mixture of bullish determination and an outrageously positive outlook. I guess thats why my goals and heights are set so high they scare me and the standard of a girl I want who matches me.

Too much of us in life simply settle when we don't realise what we can achieve (this thread is turning so theoretical aha).

• Author
Guitarisgood

Standards and preferences are healthy practices.

That said, remember the words of Wilson Mizner, especially poignant where matters of superficial association are concerned:

“Be kind to everyone on the way up; you’ll meet the same people on the way down.

We all make plans and then life happens. Congratulations on your success.

Cheers GOP, that's how I am thinking. My lifestyle just don't match the normal girls no more and trust me, I've tried.

That Carhill, is how one should live life. I'm friends with all, flirt with girls bigger, elderly or the ones no one cares about. Heck I carry that on my climb up the corporate ladder. I don't plan to come down but I will respect and carry those who are below me who want to climb to my heights.

Thanks guys, the more I read and reply, the more my thoughts have become clearer.

• Author
Guitarisgood
That not always true some guys with no experience have to take what they can get. If they got a hot woman they just be like a dog chasing a car. They would not know what to do if they caught one. LOL

I know my friend.

'What is this girlfriend thing you speak of?! I don't what do I do with it? Do I feed it and pat it on the head!?'

JohnsonBaby

I can relate . You shouldn't settle for someone who doesn't meet your expectations .You re not asking for much ,you re asking for someone who takes care of her body and eats clean just like u do .So no don't go for the 5's when you can get an 8.

Rejected Rosebud

Well I hate to say but you sound really full of yourself talking about "chicks" and "shacking up," why not just do like most of us do and try to go on some dates with whoever you are interested in and see where it leads??:confused: Since you seem like the most important thing is fitness and girls are loving you wherever you go why not just ask out the ones at your gym???:confused:

todreaminblue

i think hotness is subjective......someone others wouldnt take a glance at may just be yoru slice fo wonderbread.....i dont know if you are judging people for who you are truly attracted to or by societal standards...to me societal standards are fickle and changeable.......and so if you are judging others on how they are perceived on a richter scale in society.....you might be pulling yourself up short of what you could potentially have in a passionate loving mutually giving relationship.........

i much prefer to see a guys hotness and coolness factor from the inside out starting with a sexy brain ......a good heart ..a courageous spirit....and an ability to stand up for others.....and hotness factor goes nuclear for me..cant be touched by simple physical presence of any other guy no matter how hot they are by societal standards....if they dont have a good heart to me they are just pretty to look at..........deb

Edited by todreaminblue
Rejected Rosebud

So one question OP since you haven't been "lapping up" all the girls that like you have you actually been going out with women since you became so fit?? or are you kind of planning ahead here??:confused:

• Author
Guitarisgood
I can relate . You shouldn't settle for someone who doesn't meet your expectations .You re not asking for much ,you re asking for someone who takes care of her body and eats clean just like u do .So no don't go for the 5's when you can get an 8.

Thanks buddy. Yeah it started as me hating myself, always just jumping on social media and seeing all this, then thinking to myself, what is stopping me being like that.

• Author
Guitarisgood
i think hotness is subjective......someone others wouldnt take a glance at may just be yoru slice fo wonderbread.....i dont know if you are judging people for who you are truly attracted to or by societal standards...to me societal standards are fickle and changeable.......and so if you are judging others on how they are perceived on a richter scale in society.....you might be pulling yourself up short of what you could potentially have in a passionate loving mutually giving relationship.........

i much prefer to see a guys hotness and coolness factor from the inside out starting with a sexy brain ......a good heart ..a courageous spirit....and an ability to stand up for others.....and hotness factor goes nuclear for me..cant be touched by simple physical presence of any other guy no matter how hot they are by societal standards....if they dont have a good heart to me they are just pretty to look at..........deb

You're a good one todreaminblue. I guess I just realised that waking at 5 to enjoy the morning hitting the gym/ going for a run and then eating a muesli yoghurt breakky is not for everyone. And I won't push that on the chick I'm dating nor do I really want to date a chick like that likewise.

• Author
Guitarisgood
Well I hate to say but you sound really full of yourself talking about "chicks" and "shacking up," why not just do like most of us do and try to go on some dates with whoever you are interested in and see where it leads??:confused: Since you seem like the most important thing is fitness and girls are loving you wherever you go why not just ask out the ones at your gym???:confused:

So one question OP since you haven't been "lapping up" all the girls that like you have you actually been going out with women since you became so fit?? or are you kind of planning ahead here??:confused:

I am really not that full of myself! ... Just a bit :D Maybe I'm a bit younger but that's just our lingo. Actually I have and thats the thing. A couple girls keep trying to shack up to me on nights out and I am doing my best to keep them at arms length. I've then messed up with a couple like me. I guess it's more the attention I am getting from girls who I don't 'match' with whom are leaving me torn as to how I do I go abouts things. Not to mention our township is pretty small hence one cannot really go around dating everyone because word of mouth spreads.

Can always jack off looking at yourself in the mirror. Not everyone has to work to look good. If not naturally attracting the like with lifestyle and circle, perhaps need to change something...IDK maybe be agressive and approach your type.....as opposed to getting ego rocks off on girls do not desire allegedly being flirty.

• Author
Guitarisgood

Aha, good little undertone quip^

Yeah you're right. Think that's what I need to do. It's time I actively pursue. I've just got to ensure I am better behaved with these other girls as a night out and a few drinks can leave me susceptible to regrettable behavior.

Will get back down the track when I post a 'why did she break up with me?' 'Why is she acting like this?!' post :p:p:p

Wasn't trying to rain on your parade. Good call on drinking, stay sharp and keep advantage. Can have fun and run over those that can't pace themselves. Plus given you're on the fitness tip don't want to wreck that edge.