Is she TOO into me TOO soon?

WhiteKnighter

WhiteKnighter

I am recently out of a fairly long relationship that lasted 1.5 years, we broke up one month ago and it was her who dumped me.

It was a huge blow at first, and I felt blind-sided. In the weeks to follow, things eventually felt a bit better, but I am still confused about my ex’s reasoning, etc… at the same time, I know if she came bank wanting a relationship, I couldn’t do that right now.

So, just out of PURE curiosity, I started logging back into this one dating site I used to go on when I was single. Within a week, I got quite a few messages, but only casually responded to a few. One of those messages was from a girl I was a little interested in even before she ever messaged me. She seemed unique, funny, and good-looking.

Her first message was very flirty. Not sexual, but clearly interested. I responded in a flirty way, too, but didn’t get very suggestive as we just started talking and I like taking things slow if I can (especially since it really wasn’t my intention to ALREADY get physically or emotionally interested in someone). Almost immediately, she was very ‘sexual’ after that… or if not sexual, very suggestive of it. At the same time the conversation did have its calmer, more easy-going moments wherein we talked about our lives, friends, etc. She is 1 year younger than me and a student (I’m 29, she’s 28) who lives pretty nearby my house.

A couple days ago we actually met in person. I show up, and everything was fine in that she looked like I thought she would, wasn’t creepy, or a serial killer!

What struck me was that she was almost immediately physical with me. We sat and chatted for about 30 minutes, and she already had her hand on my thigh. About 20 min later, she was giving me the ‘I want you’ look and even kissed me on my neck (only a peck).

Now… don’t get me wrong… I am attracted to her, but anytime something moves this fast, it makes me wonder about someone’s intentions and how easily they get physical with guys. Now, GRANTED, this would all be no big deal to me if she only felt she wanted a fling… I mean she’s gorgeous and I’d be fine with that. However, multiple times she’s already mentioned that she doesn’t want to just hook up without any likelihood of romance there, too. I can tell she actually digs my personality… and she texts me every day, several times, often with sexually-focused (sexting) messages.

On that same first night, we basically got to second base. We got there because she was all over me… we even went on a brief walk and she was asking me to tell her what I’d do to her in the bedroom… and I mean very specific things! By the time I dropped her off, we spent 20min making out and groping each other in my car… it was really heated and intense, too.

I don’t have a lot of relationship or female experience in general so honestly how I view sexually ‘open’ or ‘forward’ women might be off-base. My first ex who I stayed with for 5 years kind of started this way, and I learned eventually that she was a bit damaged and unstable. When we first met (my ex), she basically tried to jump me on that first night, and over time I realized it was because she is a lonely person with other family and personal issues, and she looks for intimacy as a means to escape.

I know everyone is different, but it felt familiar in that way. Also, this girl is kind of… I don’t know... dramatic? It isn’t exactly a BAD thing, but I’m pretty soft-spoken in general, whereas she almost talks like a 1950’s movie star… very, very dramatic. And in some small way it almost sounds fake… but again, it’s just an impression, and she told me a great deal about her family and her past which seemed very sincere and honest.

Anyway… I’m at a BIT of a loss here. I’d love to keep hooking up and seeing her: she’s fun, attractive, and interesting, but it all feels like a bit much at the same time, and she seems REALLY into me.

I’m curious about other people’s take on this. I can’t tell if I’m just being presumptuous here. Is it a bad sign that she’s THIS forward on the first meeting? To me, honestly, I can’t tell if she’d just fling herself at anyone or if I’m an exception. I mean I’m a decent looking guy, but I’m not Brad Pitt. I guess it’s also important to note that it wasn’t as though she was using it for a free meal… she did offer to split everything we got even before I got my wallet out.

fitnessfan365

I gotta admit, if a woman was that forward that soon, it would turn me off. I like there to be a bit of build up and the seduction dance is exciting. When a woman makes it too obvious, too quickly, it's boring. Plus I like women with standards and a little bit of class. A woman coming on that strongly to a guy she doesn't even know screams EASY.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for a woman that's very physical with a high sex drive. But only when it's based on chemistry that's developed between us. That takes a bit longer than 20 mins into a first date.

• Like 2
  • Author
WhiteKnighter
I gotta admit, if a woman was that forward that soon, it would turn me off. I like there to be a bit of build up and the seduction dance is exciting. When a woman makes it too obvious, too quickly, it's boring. Plus I like women with standards and a little bit of class. A woman coming on that strongly to a guy she doesn't even know screams EASY.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for a woman that's very physical with a high sex drive. But only when it's based on chemistry that's developed between us. That takes a bit longer than 20 mins into a first date.

See that's kind of my thought as well... but i'm not sure what to think of this as. She doesn't seem EASY at least superficially (she's not flaunting herself physically in terms of dressing like a hooker, etc)... and like I said it'd be different if she was just saying, "you know, i just want a hookup right now".. THAT I could trust... but when someone says, "I want romance" and then basically gives me free reign to rip her clothes off on first meeting, I question what her definition of that is....

fitnessfan365
See that's kind of my thought as well... but i'm not sure what to think of this as. She doesn't seem EASY at least superficially (she's not flaunting herself physically in terms of dressing like a hooker, etc)... and like I said it'd be different if she was just saying, "you know, i just want a hookup right now".. THAT I could trust... but when someone says, "I want romance" and then basically gives me free reign to rip her clothes off on first meeting, I question what her definition of that is....

Maybe she's using sex as a bargaining chip to get the type of treatment she wants. But if that's the case, it doesn't speak very highly for her self esteem. A woman should want and feel deserving of romance without having to give it up that quickly IMO.

Then again, I'm a bit old fashioned in my way of thinking and there are plenty of people that have sex on date one these days. So I guess it's all based on the individual.

As I woman, I'd say she's coming on too strong. If a guy on a first date started talking so sexually, about what he'd do or like to do in bed with me or anything like that, I'd think he was a bit of a sex maniac and probably wouldn't go on a second date.

Now, it could also be because she's not had much luck with guys and thinks she needs to make it more obvious she likes them.

I remember years ago, a guy saying he knew I was attracted to him, because I put my hand on his thigh. I didn't even realise I'd done it.

• Author
WhiteKnighter
Maybe she's using sex as a bargaining chip to get the type of treatment she wants. But if that's the case, it doesn't speak very highly for her self esteem. A woman should want and feel deserving of romance without having to give it up that quickly IMO.

Then again, I'm a bit old fashioned in my way of thinking and there are plenty of people that have sex on date one these days. So I guess it's all based on the individual.

Well she was super open about everything. At one point she said to me, "If any of this is too fast for you just let me know and we can slow down to whatever is more comfortable".

On top of that, she even went as far as to say that, with or without making out and being physical, she'd like to spend time with me, whether it's being friends for a while and then exploring something, or nothing, or keeping on with things this way, she's fine with it.

Also, she said out loud that sex wasn't going to happen on a first meeting, or even seeing eachother naked... pretty much anything beyond what we did. The thing is, all the other methods of communication (texting, talking) all at some point have involved talking about sex in VIVID detail...

Then again, you never know... I could call her and say "I want to slow down", and maybe she'd respond defensively or feel rejected and show her true colors... who knows.. but at least in terms of what she's TOLD me, she seems OK with whatever happens...

• Author
WhiteKnighter
As I woman, I'd say she's coming on too strong. If a guy on a first date started talking so sexually, about what he'd do or like to do in bed with me or anything like that, I'd think he was a bit of a sex maniac and probably wouldn't go on a second date.

Now, it could also be because she's not had much luck with guys and thinks she needs to make it more obvious she likes them.

I remember years ago, a guy saying he knew I was attracted to him, because I put my hand on his thigh. I didn't even realise I'd done it.

Well... if it was just that... I wouldn't have been all that thrown off... but I'm talking some pretty racy stuff... I mean something along the lines of asking me to feel her up, and that isn't including the stuff being SAID...

PinkCarnations

You have to evaluate your behavior towards her as well. It looks like you have been reacting very positively to her actions, or at least that's what she's interpreting, so of course she's going to continue giving you affection - be it physical or otherwise. If it were me, and I met a great guy, and we had awesome chemistry from the get-go (which sounds like the case here), then yes, it'd be very hard for me to hold back how much I like him.. so I'm going to say sweet things to him, share a lot about myself, and want to get physical with him. She probably can't wait to have sex with you - hence, the sexting. Granted, it's not the best approach when dating, but it doesn't necessarily mean she has ulterior motives or she's messed up psychologically or anything (e.g., daddy issues). I think she just really really likes you, and if you don't like how forward she is, maybe pull back more, so she'll see you don't like her THAT much, and she probably won't be as affectionate with you as much as she is now.

I think it really comes down to you just getting out of a relationship. I used to be the same way. Just give it some time, and keep talking to her.

PinkCarnations
Well... if it was just that... I wouldn't have been all that thrown off... but I'm talking some pretty racy stuff... I mean something along the lines of asking me to feel her up, and that isn't including the stuff being SAID...

Ok, but what do you say in response? Do you play along with her sexting? I'm guessing... yes?

SycamoreCircle

Your gut is telling you that she's inauthentic and things are moving too quickly. Trust your gut. It's looking out for the rest of you.

• Like 1

Yes definately. You should run for the hills and find a woman who ignores your attempts to communicate with her, shows no affection for you and treats you with utter disdain. You might feel more comfortable that way and you can be sure she doesn't have sex with many men.

• Like 3

Look, I hate to be this way because I'm all for women being assertive and all that, and I certainly am, but the only two women I've known who start putting their hands on guys' thighs or their abdomen when they barely know them, one was a call girl and the other was someone who didn't put out because she was very careful about all that because she didn't believe in birth control. She was a nice girl, but she came on real strong, got guys very interested and then left them hanging, so pretty much a tease. I'm just going by what I personally have observed. Women all over you with hands on thighs, which is clearly intimate, usually have an agenda. I think you're right that this raises a flag when you have spent next to no time with her.

Basically, I think you have to trust your instincts here. Here's what's wrong with the picture: She's being overtly sexual with touching within 30 minutes of meeting you and then sexy texting - while at the same time saying just the opposite, that she doesn't want to hook up. So there's your contradiction, and you're not crazy for seeing it. If you don't want to hook up, then stop acting like a ho! Something is off about her. She could be after money, she could be a freakin virgin. Who knows, but something is off with her. Do a google image search with her photo and see what else comes up and do a little research.

So two things you know about her:

She gets sexually suggestive before she knows you at all.

Her actions don't match her words.

JohnsonBaby

Sounds like she s done this before..and s following the script again. She s probably on the Internet fishing for sex and by telling you she doesn't want only that she gives you the impression of not being a "ho" but simply finds you irresistible . Nah .

Edited by JohnsonBaby

Yes!!!

She's a witch/ho hybrid and should be burned at Time Square at midnight!!!

No, seriously, some women just wanna get some bro...Doesn't have to do with desperation, being a call girl, or moon spots.

And so what if she's done it before? Aren't women being told to go out there and boink like men? I mean now that women have careers and stuff, they don't have time to actually "date" sometimes they just wanna get an itch scratched you know?

Look, IMO, the women's movement has told women it's ok to be forward like this and unfortunately some women don't understand the reprecussions until they wake up the next morning and are like "what did I just do?"

That's why as horny as I get, I hold back cuz I learned that if you jump just to scratch an itch, you might f-up a good thing and that no matter what women's lib says, men look weird at a woman who gives up so much too soon (w/o the guy "earning" it).

So, if you're really into her, cut her some slack and find out what is motivating her to be so sexual so soon...

Also, just cuz a woman is flirty doesn't mean she wants to go all the way...I'm very touchy feely with a guy I'm into even "if" I'm not ready to boink. I'm also a dirrty talker...worst, if I start dancing on a guy I am into, he may end up jizzing in his pants, ok? Some of us women are touchy-feely like that.

• Like 1

Yes, some of us women just wanna get laid - like men do

We do not wanna hear about your day, we do not care what your favorite color is.

Ever hear some of Destiny's Child "Independent Woman"? [l]'Only ring your celly when I'm feeling lonely, when it's all over, please get up and leave. Please don't call me baby, cuz I'll all you. Don't mean to hurt your feelings, I got a lot to do, cuz "I" am my number one priority.'[/i]

I wish I just had a guy who was cool with that and that would last for more than a few months/year. Just be on call and we do our thing and you go when it's done. We can hang out and have a dinner or catch a show, but that's about it.

But noooo, guys wanna get all hanged up on it not turning into babies and/or marriage...so, we get put in the psycho/ho box.

Sometimes I get so tired of pretending I have interest in guys. Sometimes while they're talking to me, I'm just looking at their body and thinking about boinking them - I don't comprehend a thing they are saying and don't care either. But, if I want them to come around for seconds, I gotta take it slow and pretend I have actual interest in them **pffft**

Oh, am I imbalanced? Darn straight!!! My dad was physically and mentally abusive (thank God for no sexual abuse)...Are you gonna hold that against me? Look, while women like me are limited in how much contact we can have with others, doesn't make us ho/witches to be burned at the stake...Besides, any guy that's been with me can't complain - I treat them VERY well - even better than some so-called "wives" do for husbands that treat them like queens and/or pay for this or that for them **pfft**

Edited by Gloria25

Maybe she is insecure and thinks the only way to keep a man is to sleep with him and then he'll stay or maybe she just wants to get laid. Why don't you ask her and get to know her beyond all the sexual innuendo she is throwing at you in order to avoid actual intimacy...

The way she was so forward so fast is a little different.

I had sex with my boyfriend first date. I usually refrain from first date sex.

We talked for hours before we even got physically close though. He liked my mind and I liked his. We were both enthralled with our conversation before we so much as kissed. It's only after we drunk a bit too much that we somehow ended up in the bedroom. We have great chemistry so it's no wonder haha.

Not l girls who have first date sex are easy with every man. I'm not, this is only the second time I've had sex upon first meeting a man. And I've dated a lotttttt of men!

And don't assume this lady is just like this with just any man! I am cold to men I'm not REALLY attracted to. Only a small % of men get my affection and flirting. But when I find these men, boy do I enjoy showering them with physical affection.....

• Like 2
regine_phalange

I think she's very into you. But I guess she's going a bit over the top with the sexual texting and the sexual fantasy descriptions. If you feel that something's off then she isn't the girl for you. You both have different level of feelings about each other. Which is allright. Just let her know in an honest and kind manner that you don't feel "it" with her.

• Author
WhiteKnighter
You have to evaluate your behavior towards her as well. It looks like you have been reacting very positively to her actions, or at least that's what she's interpreting, so of course she's going to continue giving you affection - be it physical or otherwise. If it were me, and I met a great guy, and we had awesome chemistry from the get-go (which sounds like the case here), then yes, it'd be very hard for me to hold back how much I like him.. so I'm going to say sweet things to him, share a lot about myself, and want to get physical with him. She probably can't wait to have sex with you - hence, the sexting. Granted, it's not the best approach when dating, but it doesn't necessarily mean she has ulterior motives or she's messed up psychologically or anything (e.g., daddy issues). I think she just really really likes you, and if you don't like how forward she is, maybe pull back more, so she'll see you don't like her THAT much, and she probably won't be as affectionate with you as much as she is now.

I think it really comes down to you just getting out of a relationship. I used to be the same way. Just give it some time, and keep talking to her.

That is fair. I am by nature somewhat passive and in situations where the woman is more forthcoming or stronger in advances I tend to 'cave in' easily. I don't know why, but it's been that way for a while.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we didn't have some chemistry, and I'm not saying she's not attractive - she absolutely is - but what I mean is that this is a level of physical closeness I'd expect after establishing more understanding about eachother. Maybe that is just me, and maybe she's a trusting person. After all, I did reveal personal things about myself, and we did have good conversations and it was more than just swapping spit and getting rubbing all over each other. Maybe the fact that we both kind of opened up set the stage for that and it really WAS different for her for someone to be that honest... I don't know... I mean hell it could be my own self-esteem... I really can't see why someone would be THAT all over me the first time we met. Again, I'm not terrible, but I'm not a supermodel either, at least I do not think so.

Lastly, to be totally honest, it isn't altogether what transpired on first meeting that is throwing me off... but rather what has happened since. In the days following, she has almost every day/night expressed a STRONG interest in hanging out. Not in a 'hey you wanna hang out later?' kind of way, but more like "I reeaally want to see you tonight! Can't you spare maybe 20 minutes so I can come say hello?". That kind of thing...

Yes definately. You should run for the hills and find a woman who ignores your attempts to communicate with her, shows no affection for you and treats you with utter disdain. You might feel more comfortable that way and you can be sure she doesn't have sex with many men.

OK I think you're going from one extreme to another. There's a lot of space between being a total nymphomaniac and a total prude/frigid bitch.

Sounds like she s done this before..and s following the script again. She s probably on the Internet fishing for sex and by telling you she doesn't want only that she gives you the impression of not being a "ho" but simply finds you irresistible . Nah .

Well, hard to say... but as I've indicated I don't think she'd need to fish too hard.. she's a good-looking girl, and there's plenty of able-bodied men around here.

Yes!!!

She's a witch/ho hybrid and should be burned at Time Square at midnight!!!

No, seriously, some women just wanna get some bro...Doesn't have to do with desperation, being a call girl, or moon spots.

And so what if she's done it before? Aren't women being told to go out there and boink like men? I mean now that women have careers and stuff, they don't have time to actually "date" sometimes they just wanna get an itch scratched you know?

Look, IMO, the women's movement has told women it's ok to be forward like this and unfortunately some women don't understand the reprecussions until they wake up the next morning and are like "what did I just do?"

That's why as horny as I get, I hold back cuz I learned that if you jump just to scratch an itch, you might f-up a good thing and that no matter what women's lib says, men look weird at a woman who gives up so much too soon (w/o the guy "earning" it).

So, if you're really into her, cut her some slack and find out what is motivating her to be so sexual so soon...

Also, just cuz a woman is flirty doesn't mean she wants to go all the way...I'm very touchy feely with a guy I'm into even "if" I'm not ready to boink. I'm also a dirrty talker...worst, if I start dancing on a guy I am into, he may end up jizzing in his pants, ok? Some of us women are touchy-feely like that.

I don't have any imbalance in female/male social expectations... I expect both sexes to respect themselves equally. If a guy told me "hey I totally plowed through 10 chicks last week", i'd be disgusted. Likewise, in this situation, if a guy told me that he went out with a girl and was all over her within this amount of time, insisting on her groping him, etc, I would still be surprised by it in the same exact way. Has ZERO to do with her being a woman... I mean why do you think it surprised me? It's because it's not behavior I myself would put forth... which is NOT to say she has ulterior motives, but if not, then it's totally foreign to me.

I think you are assuming unfairly that ALL men are man whores... which clearly we aren't (case in point: me).

Yes, some of us women just wanna get laid - like men do

We do not wanna hear about your day, we do not care what your favorite color is.

Ever hear some of Destiny's Child "Independent Woman"? [l]'Only ring your celly when I'm feeling lonely, when it's all over, please get up and leave. Please don't call me baby, cuz I'll all you. Don't mean to hurt your feelings, I got a lot to do, cuz "I" am my number one priority.'[/i]

I wish I just had a guy who was cool with that and that would last for more than a few months/year. Just be on call and we do our thing and you go when it's done. We can hang out and have a dinner or catch a show, but that's about it.

But noooo, guys wanna get all hanged up on it not turning into babies and/or marriage...so, we get put in the psycho/ho box.

Sometimes I get so tired of pretending I have interest in guys. Sometimes while they're talking to me, I'm just looking at their body and thinking about boinking them - I don't comprehend a thing they are saying and don't care either. But, if I want them to come around for seconds, I gotta take it slow and pretend I have actual interest in them **pffft**

Oh, am I imbalanced? Darn straight!!! My dad was physically and mentally abusive (thank God for no sexual abuse)...Are you gonna hold that against me? Look, while women like me are limited in how much contact we can have with others, doesn't make us ho/witches to be burned at the stake...Besides, any guy that's been with me can't complain - I treat them VERY well - even better than some so-called "wives" do for husbands that treat them like queens and/or pay for this or that for them **pfft**

To this I will say: she did NOT just want to hear about my day. This girl actually does want to spend time with me. You must have missed where I said "If she JUST wanted a hook up, I wouldn't be asking this question"...It wasn't like we met up, talked about NOTHING, and then it happened. I would say we hung out for about 30 minutes before a thigh touch happened, then we went on a walk within 1 hour of meeting up, and ON that walk she had her arm around me, so I returned the gesture. Also on that walk, she was asking me to describe what I wanted to do to her in bed... I'm not a huge conversationalist when it comes to that stuff. Most of my 'passion' comes out in actions, gestures, etc, and not vocally.

After, we walked to a restaurant/lounge and sat in a booth for an hour, eating some snacks and talking. However, while talking, she was leaning into me (basically laying on me), again putting her hand on my thigh, asking me to kiss her neck, etc. When we got back to her car, we ended up making out outside the car a lot... then... we get into my cat, and it goes on and on and gets more heated.

It was a mix of a lot of things which is why it's so confusing. Before EVER meeting in person, she was sexually texting me.. without knowing anything about who I am at all. It just feels really dangerous to be doing that with people you meet online, and I wonder if she's that careless with other people what exactly has happened. It is NONE of my business, expect that I am making the decision to hang out with her or not, and it's hard to know/see the truth here.

It almost feels like she's acting as though we've been in a committed relationship for about 1-2months... but he literally just met the other day...

Maybe she is insecure and thinks the only way to keep a man is to sleep with him and then he'll stay or maybe she just wants to get laid. Why don't you ask her and get to know her beyond all the sexual innuendo she is throwing at you in order to avoid actual intimacy...

We did get to know eachother beyond just the physical stuff, but I suppose in my world the mental/emotional connection comes before the physical. In all cases where I've started a relationship on a physical basis (or at least the physical aspects came very early), it was because the girl was desperate and didn't really respect herself.

I also don't think she JUST wants to get laid, because I'm a dude... she's a girl.. if she came up to me and said, "Hey... lets have sex and just let it be that"... i'd just smile a nod. Sex is easy, but a relationship with deeper meaning is not.

The way she was so forward so fast is a little different.

I had sex with my boyfriend first date. I usually refrain from first date sex.

We talked for hours before we even got physically close though. He liked my mind and I liked his. We were both enthralled with our conversation before we so much as kissed. It's only after we drunk a bit too much that we somehow ended up in the bedroom. We have great chemistry so it's no wonder haha.

Not l girls who have first date sex are easy with every man. I'm not, this is only the second time I've had sex upon first meeting a man. And I've dated a lotttttt of men!

And don't assume this lady is just like this with just any man! I am cold to men I'm not REALLY attracted to. Only a small % of men get my affection and flirting. But when I find these men, boy do I enjoy showering them with physical affection.....

Well we didn't have sex... but I know with no shred of doubt that she wants to... but as she's 'explained' it she doesn't do that right away. Which is good. Then again... maybe I'm just not a forward dude. Maybe all other men she's been around JUMP at the chance and I'm the only one who refuses and she is chasing because she can't figure out why.. I don't know really.

I think she's very into you. But I guess she's going a bit over the top with the sexual texting and the sexual fantasy descriptions. If you feel that something's off then she isn't the girl for you. You both have different level of feelings about each other. Which is allright. Just let her know in an honest and kind manner that you don't feel "it" with her.

I'm not even in a position to say if someone is for me after hanging out with them a single time.

I'll put it this way: if pre-meetup she'd just said "Hey, I find you attractive and you seem like a funny/cool person. Maybe we could grab a drink sometime?", and then had innocent fun/texting after that for now, TOTALLY ok. Then if we met up, and AFTER a night of GREAT chemistry it just HAPPENED without thinking about it... I would probably just say 'Wow... that was great... I really like this girl and i'm too attracted to her to hold back'.

The fact that her THIRD ever message to me on this site included details about wanting to do things physically to me (maybe not explicitly sexual, but suggestive), without even asking my name, really makes me wonder how she evaluates potential partners. I mean I seriously doubt if we had no emotional connection she would have gotten that physical with me, but when someone tells me they're "very picky" and has "very high standards", but without hesitating sends complete strangers those kind of messages, where exactly are the high standards? How are you qualifying people as being worthy of your standards?

It isn't so much that it happened on a first date, it's that it happened within the first couple messages we exchanged, before she knew anything about me beyond what my profile said.

travelbug1996

She's weird to be talking about sexual things during the 3rd convo. You are still a stranger to her and she probably does this with every guy she is physically attracted to. She may be on the rebound and trying to numb the pain with a new guy. Who knows but I would throw this fish back.

So don't have sex with her right away, until you have taken the time to get to know her. If she's crazy, she'll disappear... if she's sane and genuinely likes you, she'll wait. At least 3 dates, up to two months - the longer, the better.

• Like 1